Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

I must admit, Lord is playing this a liiiitle too much like a traditional hotseat >.>
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

I apologize if I don't do much rp I usually do a lot when stuff happens so next turn I should get at least three paragraphs done and I plan to do my next turn during the day instead of the night so I have more time for rp if you want to see my best role play look on this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sades-HS/page9. Also I don't usually use roleplay to depict my actions and honestly I was unsure whether you could defeat lord Simon if he sieged it alone but I think was just overestimating that army. Also England if your afraid that I will conquer you easily you just need to buy time my only good gen is Lord Simon and I have limited armies and cannot defend all my fronts I will most likely will be cornered by Scotland for he has a good gen that I can't defeat with a simple 2:1 ratio. If this was a normal hotseat I would probably accept the peace from you England and instead fight Scotland. But as the Barons fight for freedom from England I thought it was the role play thing to do to continue to fight England no matter what especially since Wales were kind and I knew they would be conquered soon enough alone if they were to fight England.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

If England and I can arrange an OLB quite soon, that would be good. Probably in one of my coming evenings, as that's the time that has the most common ground.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    If England and I can arrange an OLB quite soon, that would be good. Probably in one of my coming evenings, as that's the time that has the most common ground.
    May god be with you in the coming OLB honourable neighbour

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    But how do you take into consideration the Generals' command stars, terrain...
    And when it's done, how do you remove dead troops in game and how do you give experience to victorious troops, how do you reflect depleted units...etc etc.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

This hotseat is not built to include all these variables. Systems for this are VERY complicated. OLB can be done only if we ignore most of these things, more just as a RP thing, "just for fun". I think that what we could do is only disbanding defeated units (roughly accordings to the results of OLB). Moving killed generals elsewhere out of game (or killing them via another army on island for example ( would be done by admin). The "defeated" army would be moved where it is supposed to retreat, and it wouldnt be allowed to move in next turn (as defeated armies cant move).

We could do it even more simply. The winer of OLB would be allowed to win the battle via AR (even better would probably be if admin used console command to make it a heroic victory, to cause even greater casaultaties).

One way, or another, all armies participating in battle should physically meet on the strategy map.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    But how do you take into consideration the Generals' command stars, terrain...
    And when it's done, how do you remove dead troops in game and how do you give experience to victorious troops, how do you reflect depleted units...etc etc.
    > Prior to the battle, each of us will make notes/screenshots of army composition for verification later on. Further screenshots taken of the deployment screen before the actual battle, and for the battle itself, Coffin's video would cover it pretty nicely.
    > Terrain is pretty easy. Pick a map with a stone bridge. :p
    > Command stars are immaterial, rather like authority points are immaterial in the case of most hotseats when it comes to affecting decisions made in practice.
    > Victor on the OLB has the run of an auto-resolved victory. Possible other concessions made based on kill counts. If he murders most of my army, for example, and doesn't make note of release afterwards, then I'll feel obligated to remove troops outside of casualties sustained in an auto resolved result. Other factors, for simplicity, are also immaterial.
    > To make things more interesting, leader falling in battle = leader's removal on the campaign map.

Assuming Coffin agrees (to the battle as well as the terms) and an admin doesn't come along to shift things.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; November 09, 2017 at 02:35 PM.

Just to clear this up to everyone, I did not meant to offend and say I hated Der Bose Wolf's role play I honestly liked it I just accidentally made it seemed like I hate when I was really just asking why he left a cliffhanger in role play. Sorry to seem insulting I really did like it I simply was asking why he did that nothing else again I apologize for the confusion.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    Just to clear this up to everyone, I did not meant to offend and say I hated Der Bose Wolf's role play I honestly liked it I just accidentally made it seemed like I hate when I was really just asking why he left a cliffhanger in role play. Sorry to seem insulting I really did like it I simply was asking why he did that nothing else again I apologize for the confusion.
    Hey man, you really don't need to apologise. You didn't offend anyone. Even if I was offended, you still need not apologise. We are still allowed to have opinions, likes and dislikes.
    I am not expecting anyone to like my RP.

I like England's and Wales' RP very much.
    I dislike Scotland's and the Barons RP. Well maybe not dislike, but I look forward to better in depth RP.

That's how it is.

As for the cliffhanger, it seems indeed a bit odd.
    But the answers for this cliffhanger are in letters that each concerned faction will receive when they play their turn and they will discover what happened and how they are concerned.
    In the next RP, I will reveal it all, depending on what each concerned faction reacts to the messages they received.

But thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; November 09, 2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Rephrased some stuff
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

OLB seems like a good/fun idea, I find it intriguing and welcome it as it would be different than other HS I'm in but I fear the delay it could cause in the hotseat as to finding suitable times for each player to play the OLB but I'm all for it and think we should give it a chance. Would it only be for open battles and not sieges?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

It would definitely be very rare, only for some big battles very important fron RP perspective. Whether its a siege or not is that a big deal

I feel like it should be when a player proposes it for a battle and either player must choose yes or no then the admin will have the final say in it whether it would be or not.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I found it interesting as a concept for any battles of substance in a roleplay environment, where it would be a shame to leave events of import in the hands of petty auto resolve.

There are times, it's simply a matter of Coffin seeing this and hopefully taking up an entry in one of my evenings, optimally tomorrow eve.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Over in 1260 AD, Lord Simon's campaign against the English Crown had begun with tremenduous, catching the English by surprise. The royal host marched in haste to save Prince Edward that was being sieged at a fort. Altough the northern shires rebelled against english rule, there were some barons that were not happy with Lord Simon's strategy regarding his war policies. Such was with the case of Auncell Frankline, Lord of York.

AUNCELL FRANKLINE:
    How dare he, Lord Simon, to go and engage the English without the consempt of the other Barons!
    He just do as he pleases. Doe he think that he his the king over all of us. I wont stand for this!
    Those who are with me, let us take York dor ourselves and reject Lord Simon.
    If we turn to King Henry he shall thank us for the support and give us benefits of great deeds. Away with Bloody Simon!

York's Rebellion to the English

With the rebellions of the Lords of York, Lord Simon founded himself trapped in enemy territory. King, Henry, however, wanted to see if an end to hostilities could be avoided. However, the agressive behaviour of Lord Simon was letting to gaps for such a compromise to occur. Still, King Henry tried to speak to him.

While such events occurred the battles against the Welsh was almost underway. Sir Walter Giffard already waited in the bridge.

Here's Next Turn: Ireland

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Commudos, whend is your turn send me a message so that we can arrange the battle. My forces await in the river. Also i don't expect for any of us to try and cross the river while the other guards the gap, shooting and sending javelins. That would mean total defeat. So i wanted to arrange for us to meet at one of the sides of the river, and we could before that , send some nights at the middle of the river to have a chivalric duel, to give the men's morale. If you accept, of course.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Also for LordPureLegacy, if you make a move in your turn that can kill or destroy my entire forces i would like to manually fight the battle.

I accept so long as we can put a limit on cav in the battle and discuss how exactly were going to be doing the army setup. One last thing thank you for the added rp of York it gives me extra stuff just to rp about.

sorry boys this is one of my first hotseats (only started a few weeks ago) and never done roleplaying i like it and am learning from seeing you guys. i also started playing dungeons and dragons so hopefully that will improve my rp lmao

also i am in favor of OLB, especially when its a major fight

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandIsBest View Post
    sorry boys this is one of my first hotseats (only started a few weeks ago) and never done roleplaying i like it and am learning from seeing you guys. i also started playing dungeons and dragons so hopefully that will improve my rp lmao
    If you're having creative problems, writing historical accounts I find to be easier to do. I do it for the sake of time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Commudos, whend is your turn send me a message so that we can arrange the battle. My forces await in the river. Also i don't expect for any of us to try and cross the river while the other guards the gap, shooting and sending javelins. That would mean total defeat. So i wanted to arrange for us to meet at one of the sides of the river, and we could before that , send some nights at the middle of the river to have a chivalric duel, to give the men's morale. If you accept, of course.
    As it so happens, I do have knights fit for the task. As an extension to arrange for whichever side gets to cross the river, the knights that win (make the others rout, or perhaps have more men than the other side) get to cross, bringing the rest of the army with them.