Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Beautiful RP !
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

England took the bait and proved he sent a message to Scotland himself. It was only a theory that you had asked the Scottish to attack the Barons but I had a plan to prove it and you proved it yourself the Scottish are deceitful in some ways but you put faith into those who do not put up a proper fight next time face us yourself if you want to fight.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Sorry for the delay folks, didn't realise it was my turn as I wasn't sent vm/pm. Turn will be played today.
    Last edited by PeaMan; November 04, 2017 at 09:46 AM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

The Kings call to arms has been answered! Smallfolk all over the island has begun to rally to the King Brian at his call while he prepares to push the invaders back into the sea but he knows he must rely on his wit as his troops are nowhere near as equipped as the English and that the coming months/years will be brutal and a very bloody campaign. Meanwhile we have received word that the Welsh prepare for battle against the English oppressors and that the Barons alliance after defeating a Scottish host marches towards England's northernmost borders which has our troops morale high! Furthermore we have received word from Norway that we our military expansion in the north is worrisome and could be seen as a threat, word from a weary Welsh rider has also reached us in hopes of maintaining friendly relationship with our good neighbour wales which was received with cheers and shouts of joy as we could use all the friends we can get!

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/o8z2n...OC_Wales_2.sav
    Last edited by PeaMan; November 04, 2017 at 11:40 AM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Acknowledged the game, approaching it this evening.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Chronicles of the Welsh Revolution, Volume 1, Chapter 2

The year is 1259. Snow trickles down the sides of the window, not ten feet away from me. It is Christmas, a time of year when peace should prevail. Swords should be laid to rest. People unite with their families.

Yet last month, I received news of one of the first battles to occur in the isles in the past few years. It was not a monumental battle, but it is one that became news all across the isles. The circumstances, I am afraid, are still unclear. Those on the English border claim that the Scottish force showed aggression and dishonor. From the Scottish border, I've heard only of the Scot King's outrage. What concerns me is the rumor of diplomatic relations between Scotland and England. That would be formidable. Were it not for the Norwegians and the English Rebellion, the balance of power would be irreversibly tilted, and the Welsh King would not be able to endure.

Yet the Norwegians serve as some buffer, the Irish have rebelled, the English have divided and the Welsh King still stands. English domination is not inevitable. I hear rumors of a possible engagement between Lord Simon, an English rebel, and the Royal Host of England. Any great army of England is a true concern, but at least the stronger portion is occupied with its own civil disputes.

I am concerned about the security of my own brothers, rallying under the banner of the Welsh King. I've heard of ongoing negotiations regarding a proper time for the two armies to meet in open combat, but I've also heard of King Llywelyn's concern regarding the integrity of the English forces. Montgomery, for the moment, is the primarily Welsh stronghold, and it is there that King Lywelyn will camp while awaiting the arrival of the English armies. That will be a battle that resounds across the Isles, victory or defeat. It will establish the Welsh King's claim, or it will damage the claim. Either way, that will be a notable battle. I cannot say I am blindly optimistic. The English armies are better trained and equipped, if the rumors hold true. Nonetheless, it is in my interests to say the Welsh King will win. I hardly know what will happen to me if he falls.

A noble has come forth from the western half of Wales. His name is Maelgyn, of Cydweli. I dislike the man already. King Llywelyn needed a man who could handle administration and act as a fairly decent second in command. Certainly. That is fair. However, the man is hardly a best fit. He's an outspoken Welshman, I give him that. He's fairly popular with the farmers. His family, indeed, comes from a line of farmers, which makes him well suited to dealing with folks of that stature. However, I am certain his loyalties do not lie with the King. He has expressed his distaste of me most rudely in public, and I have informed King Llywelyn of my distaste. Still, he comes with Lord Dafydd's favor, and I can't tell my liege to go against his own brother.

I won't have the pleasure of the man's company for very long, anyways. After this writing, I will be going to Ireland to discuss diplomatic relations. If that is Lord Dafydd's decision to remove me or King Llywelyn's decision to send a trusted man to do the task is something I may not know for years. Regardless, it is my honor, as the official representative of the Welsh King, to carry out the task to the best of my ability. It will be a while before I sail, but I shall ride beginning tomorrow. What rests for me in Ireland, or on the sea between Wales and Ireland, is up to God. I pray that I have not displeased the lord above in some way. I shall take precautions to preserve the integrity of my journals. The story of Wales must be told.

Cadogan's Journal

Welsh independence has been a tricky affair, and a frequent annoyance to my gold mining operation. I mean that in the best possible way. After all, I am welsh, and I disagree with England's politics. But the Gwent annoyance is getting on my nerves. I'm beginning to suspect Lord Rhodri is sending them to test my patience. The pestilence started after he moved to Pembroke. The spiteful lout hasn't done a thing of note his entire life, and he's jealous of my ability to make money. I shall ignore the poor fool and continue my work. The king's brother is far more important.

Maelgyn's Writings

I'm not sure why I'm writing a journal. If I told my old friends about it, they'd use it an excuse for why I've gone off and become a member of Llywelyn's court. I don't think being able to write matters. I'm as true Welsh as any one of them. But I can seek their skepticism, given the fact that I've pledged to the "Welsh King".

What a thought. The "Welsh King". We don't need a king. We just need a little unity so the English learn their lesson the moment they come to the bridge. I won't be at that battle, unfortunately. Llywelyn wishes me to stay behind so the battle can be fought as a balanced, honorable fight. I don't see why we can't just all go across the bridge and wipe the smile off that English bastard's face. Llywelyn's no help. He just starts talking about honor and really, that does bore me. I am not a dishonorable man - it's not as if I'm suggesting an attack under cover of darkness. It is simply prudent to fight the English before they have the opportunity to pillage our villages come the new year. Whatever. I will listen to him for as long as he makes otherwise sensible choices. When he stops being a decent leader, I'll return to my lands, and forget about him. Or remove him, if I must.

At least that fool Madoc is leaving. The pompous arse looks down on me, saying I have a farmer's blood. Absolute bollocks. Generations ago, perhaps, yet that only strengthens my bond to this land. It is a concept a half English (and English trained) mongrel cannot understand.

A message passed between roadside wanderers

The lady has been approached. Observations will be made. Will continue later.

Faction Announcements
    > King Lywelyn has proclaimed before a large crowd in Montgomery that the Irish are kinsmen and official friends to the people of Ireland. Irishmen are neighbors, just like a fellow Welshman.
    > King Lywelyn also officially bids before a vast crowd the entirety of the current garrison (the full stack) at Montgomery to be used in honorable combat (arranged OLB, if such can be agreed to) against the encroaching English forces. Two catapults stand at the walls, warding off a premature English assault upon the gates.
    >Finally, King Lywelyn expresses public disapproval of the conduct of English diplomats and their affairs with Scotland at the potential cost of northern English citizens had the diplomacy been left undiscovered. It is not considered a breach of honor for the aforementioned battle, but the King deems it as yet another example why the actions of England must be atoned for.
    > Minor dignitaries have been sent to Norway, the English army and Ireland in advance of more official representation carrying small notes of acknowledgement.
    > A curious message arrived that struck King Llywelyn as odd. He has directed Lord Dafydd to make it known that if the Barons wish to create a treaty, they are welcome to make a proposal to be sent to the desk of the Welsh King Llywelyn.

Onto the Scotsmen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...1dyU0ttLWZ6REk
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

and we're back, finally!

Current Hotseat:

woot woot, been waiting to do my turn for like 3 days xD

Adam De Kilconth has recieved word from his spies that the baron's alliance has pulled its men from Carlisle and are marching towards Dumfries, and they are in the surrounding woods perhaps trying to ambush us ? Adam asks the King on what to do, his advisors remember how they killed our men so hastily without regret and think we should use this opportunity to avenge our fallen Scots, but the King thinks everyone deserves a second chance. He sends an messenger to Aston's army in the forest warning them to turn back, if they expect to have a future with them in it

Yet Scotland still refuses to respond on the reason why he had such a large force on our borders.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

I was keeping my borders secure and to prevent any unwanted forces from coming onto our lands

Hah thats your only excuse!? what reason would I have to go against you and if you wanted protection you could've asked for a NAP rather than bring a large force and either way your territory was secure for you could put a large force in a fort to attack the only town I can siege in one turn regardless that I have no catapults or spies nearby from turn 1.
    Last edited by LordPureLegacy; November 08, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

The winter was long and cold.
    But this did not stop king Haakon IV from taking control over the Norwegian province of Britannia and set up court in Inverness.
    He summoned his son, Prince Magnus and his entourage to a meeting to discuss the political and military situation in the South.

At Konge Haakon IV court in Inverness Castle

King Haakon IV: Sit down Magnus. I am not going to ask how was your trip up here in this winter cold, because I had to cross all the way from Bergen because of you.
    I heard about the message from the English Crown. And you know damn well that the English King and I are friends, just like our fathers before us.
    My birds informed me that you declined the help.
    Have you forgotten about the plans to colonise Iceland? By taking Ireland, we ensure a great base to our campaign.

You're still green and full of utopia.
    I'll have your brother be my Hand.

Prince Magnus

My brother?
    What brother???

King Haakon IV: Yes your Brother. I don't trust your judgement and you dedication to the Norégveldi cause. I have adopted an admirable young Lord.
    He will serve as my Hand and command the Northern Army as we sail to Ireland.
    The troops from Bergen are bloodthirsty after I promised them Irish booty and bounty.

Prince Magnus
    This is madness! I'm your biological son and rightful heir.
    Listen to me.
    I made an offer to the English King. I know you two are friends so I offered him something and I was hoping to convince you to cancel the Irish expedition in exchange.
    You have to trust me...Father.

King Haakon IV: What are you suggesting? Whatever it is, it'd better be good. The troops are ready for battle.

Prince Magnus
    Perhaps some gold will satisfy them. I have a plan.

King Haakon IV: I don't like your plans. But I shall listen. Guards! Let the Hand of the king come in. He needs to approve the plan.

Prince Magnus
    I don't need the approval of....
    King Haakon IV: You need what I say you need. If the Hand doesn't approve of your plan, we sail to Ireland.

Will Magnus convince his "Brother" and Father? Will war be averted?

The Barons are next: http://www.mediafire.com/file/sa60nq...C_Barons_2.sav
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; November 08, 2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typos

Current Hotseat:

Lol wtf is this suppose to be a show?.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    Lol wtf is this suppose to be a show?.
    It's relatively calm (before the storm) in the North. So RP a bit and giving some hints.
    Why, you don't like it?

Current Hotseat:

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    It's relatively calm (before the storm) in the North. So RP a bit and giving some hints.
    Why, you don't like it?
    Nope just sounds weird.

England Up!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAk...ew?usp=sharing

Lord Simon continues his campaign to independence along with another Military figure. Jacob the Spy of England in the York region has been killed it may show that we are not to be trespassed. Baron has recievd no payment nor message from Scotland for he does not act according to his words as he prepares an invasion from Edinburgh most likely on Baron lands and on the order side of Scotland he sends another army ready to depart for whoever he chooses.

I am not gonna post the pic for assassinating the spy it was 95 percent will do if requested.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    England Up!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zAk...ew?usp=sharing

Lord Simon continues his campaign to independence along with another Military figure. Jacob the Spy of England in the York region has been killed it may show that we are not to be trespassed. Baron has recievd no payment nor message from Scotland for he does not act according to his words as he prepares an invasion from Edinburgh most likely on Baron lands and on the order side of Scotland he sends another army ready to depart for whoever he chooses.

I am not gonna post the pic for assassinating the spy it was 95 percent will do if requested.
    If you find weird role-playing in a role-playing campaign, then i don't know what are you doing here.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Now i understand why LordPureLegacy doesn't like RP. He's just acting coldly agressive. It reminds me of Legend of Total War. England will probably be destroyed in a few turns by now. I honestly was hoping for a true RP experience, so i was not prepared for this kind of agressivness from the Barons, that will surely kill my prince and king imediately. If i knew this was the case i wouldn't join this hotseat.