Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

I knew you would break

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    Ramble asked if I would join (or at least he asked if I was interested which I already was but I assumed he meant if I wanted to join) since i have been just watching the hotseat. I prefered to watch this to simply see mistakes you guys would make and how the isles would conduct differently and to see the different kind of role play. I have read the rules seems good to me the only problem I have is the win conditions and I did not mention because I did not really read the rules because I was just watching. I am not gonna ask for anything to be changed I just see in ways it would be flawed for example it would give no benefit for a faction to simply attack a specific faction for one it does not help them win and if you prefer to not attack a faction simply because their not on your win conditions but they betrayed you or attacked you.

In the end I will join since this hotseat has been on hold so many times and to be honest some of these problems should've been fixed or planned beforehand such as making the giraffe person on TWC simply because they were unreliable in the start for not checking on TWC often you can say you can't judge a person whether they can join a hotseat because of that but their simply just unreliable by default for mainly being on steam and not checking TWC often. The other problem was jouster honestly I met him first when I was looking forward to start hotseating but then Jadli came along but from the way he just is on TWC from what i have seen he is unreliable. Other reasons I am joining is to simply seeing how some people play such as wolf and commodus (mainly commodus) and because I wanna see how I do facing wise coffin and if I would be able to help out some people with strategy and stuff be like how cow was to me not really a help but somebody to talk to about hotseats (this man talks about westeros all the time but I do the same as him with my hotseats so I guess were even).

Will start on my turn today and I am looking forward to improving my rp.
    Awesome, thank you for joining! This HS had a rough start but I am sure it's going to be very enjoyable.

Can you elaborate more on your "win conditions" perceived flaws?
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Ramble asked if I would join (or at least he asked if I was interested which I already was but I assumed he meant if I wanted to join) since i have been just watching the hotseat. I prefered to watch this to simply see mistakes you guys would make and how the isles would conduct differently and to see the different kind of role play. I have read the rules seems good to me the only problem I have is the win conditions and I did not mention because I did not really read the rules because I was just watching. I am not gonna ask for anything to be changed I just see in ways it would be flawed for example it would give no benefit for a faction to simply attack a specific faction for one it does not help them win and if you prefer to not attack a faction simply because their not on your win conditions but they betrayed you or attacked you.

In the end I will join since this hotseat has been on hold so many times and to be honest some of these problems should've been fixed or planned beforehand such as making the giraffe person on TWC simply because they were unreliable in the start for not checking on TWC often you can say you can't judge a person whether they can join a hotseat because of that but their simply just unreliable by default for mainly being on steam and not checking TWC often. The other problem was jouster honestly I met him first when I was looking forward to start hotseating but then Jadli came along but from the way he just is on TWC from what i have seen he is unreliable. Other reasons I am joining is to simply seeing how some people play such as wolf and commodus (mainly commodus) and because I wanna see how I do facing wise coffin and if I would be able to help out some people with strategy and stuff be like how cow was to me not really a help but somebody to talk to about hotseats (this man talks about westeros all the time but I do the same as him with my hotseats so I guess were even).

Will start on my turn today and I am looking forward to improving my rp.
    Welcome in.

Note that there wasn't some grand scheme or design behind the win conditions. You meet them, or you basically just take everyone else out. How you get there is up to you, and if your way is to basically win in the traditional hotseat way, that's perfectly fine. The conditions are loosely based on what historical "win conditions" would have been. If there's a specific flaw that would hurt the gameplay in the long term, do mention it, otherwise there's nothing that would come of even mentioning it.

The unreliable faces that left I can safely say that I will likely blacklist in the future if I start/admin a gig until there's a very clear indication that they won't do what they've done again. I'm not sure giraffe is going to be back - he was recommended by another fellow involved here, and given my registration time, I could hardly talk - and jouster is certainly noted for that blatant failure to read.

May your time on the Isles be fruitful. >.>
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

I am most likely going to need tomorrow for this turn I thought it would be a peaceful start but of course somebody wants war and the mod works fine and I will further explain what wolf requested at a later date.

Also I don't blame you guys for having trouble I am pretty use to doing mods now and for some reason I had to try three times installing.

Last thing the main reason I have to do it tomorrow is because I plan to do one of my more important hotseats tonight.
    Last edited by LordPureLegacy; October 28, 2017 at 06:06 PM.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

I am most likely going to need tomorrow for this turn I thought it would be a peaceful start but of course somebody wants war and the mod works fine and I will further explain what wolf requested at a later date.

Also I don't blame you guys for having trouble I am pretty use to doing mods now and for some reason I had to try three times installing.

Last thing the main reason I have to do it tomorrow is because I plan to do one of my more important hotseats tonight.
    No worries, you have 48h to submit your turn after you get the save file, so you're in your allowed time.

Current Hotseat:

I can't get my turn done tonight I simply did not expect war so early I will try my very best to get it done tomrrow but I might need a sub if I am not on tomorrow but then again jadli and ramble would make my turn ten times better.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

If it's a first turn declaration, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be actually attacked so early (first turn?...). Unless it was a declaration of "we're coming to get ya" that you received.

At any rate, unless the admins come along and get ya, tomorrow with decent speed doesn't sound too unreasonable in light of others flat out leaving.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    If it's a first turn declaration, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be actually attacked so early (first turn?...). Unless it was a declaration of "we're coming to get ya" that you received.

At any rate, unless the admins come along and get ya, tomorrow with decent speed doesn't sound too unreasonable in light of others flat out leaving.
    No he was not attacked, but is facing aggressive show of intent.

Well he passed his 48h already, but I think we can turn a blind-eye this time because he came in late and didn't develop a strategy yet, whereas the rest of us have had the time to read the rules and think ahead of the start of our turn.

But it would be better if we all stick to the rules otherwise it'll be very difficult to continue.

It's the admins call.

Current Hotseat:

So will LordPureLegacy be subbed ? What is happening ? This is painfully slow.

Current Hotseat:

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

First turns tend to be. He had promised me he would upload about two days ago, so not sure what happened. Subbing tonight, if still not played.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

I'd say, let's be patient with first turns. He probably needs to establish some diplomatic relations as he just got in.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Some writing might be in the woodworks. I'd wait for communication today, possibly a direct poke if possible. This isn't the easiest sort of hotseat to sub, conceptually, so I'd avoid that option if possible >.>

Though I must say that the delays are less than optimal.

Oiii guys I can do it today and its not a declaration of war that I had on me but of course you will see it in the rp.

England Up!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing

In the beginning of the Baron's Alliance General Aston spotted a large sized Scotland army on the borders of the Barons and Scotland, Aston knowing that Scotland could be a valuable ally to their Enemy England. With this info Aston set out with his army and defeated the Scottish mocking us for not putting a proper General to lead the army. Lord Simon marks this battle as a warning to all nations in the Isles that though we may be anew and fight for independence we are not one to be trifled with and we await for Scotland to send a message to us stating whether do want war with the info our spies uncovered that England planned a secret alliance with Scotland and hoped to take out the Wales with their mockery of a peace. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing)

Sorry for the long wait guys I am most of the time reliable I have just been busy with other turns and school recently. In all honesty I was going to take less time on the turn but then Scotland had to plant an army there I can see his strategy in doing that and possibly baiting me but it would be stupid because he would beat my army anyway if he did something with you know what the admins know. Good luck everybody hopefully this hotseat will start moving at a natural pace.

England Up!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing

In the beginning of the Baron's Alliance General Aston spotted a large sized Scotland army on the borders of the Barons and Scotland, Aston knowing that Scotland could be a valuable ally to their Enemy England. With this info Aston set out with his army and defeated the Scottish mocking us for not putting a proper General to lead the army. Lord Simon marks this battle as a warning to all nations in the Isles that though we may be anew and fight for independence we are not one to be trifled with and we await for Scotland to send a message to us stating whether do want war with the info our spies uncovered that England planned a secret alliance with Scotland and hoped to take out the Wales with their mockery of a peace. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing)

Sorry for the long wait guys I am most of the time reliable I have just been busy with other turns and school recently. In all honesty I was going to take less time on the turn but then Scotland had to plant an army there I can see his strategy in doing that and possibly baiting me but it would be stupid because he would beat my army anyway if he did something with you know what the admins know. Good luck everybody hopefully this hotseat will start moving at a natural pace.
    Finally, good job.

I just didn't understand the part in bold.

Current Hotseat:

You just gotta look at Scotland then look at the move he could've made.

You just gotta look at Scotland then look at the move he could've made.
    Unfortunately I can't look at Scotland the way an admin can.

But anyway, first blood is spilled. No turning back now.

Current Hotseat:

The people of scotland are unforgiving, but the king believes the only way to correct what the barons alliancehave done is demand payment for the slaughter of its soldiers. 1000 gold would be more than fair to keep hostilities at bay. if not, then may god have mercy on the baron's alliance and its people.
    Last edited by ScotlandIsBest; November 01, 2017 at 12:10 PM.

This may be unforgiving but you still hold the truth on why you had such an army close to our borders and you mock without leading it with a proper general. Only then we will consider even reconciling you if you give us a valid response.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

1259 is a year of great intrigue in the English court. Rumours go around on with secret messages with the Scots against the Barons and other sorts of events threw the kingdom into a tumultuos state. Some group of brigands and bandits appear in this year also, but nothing that the crown couldn't handle it. However, greater issues were appearing on the north and west.

JACOB:
    Your Majesty, i'm afrait that the secret message to the Highlands has been leaked out. Surely by the Scottish King himself.

:KING HENRY
    WHAT!!!
    Those treacherous Scots!
    It simply shows that those northern savages are not to be trusted.

JACOB:
    Worse yet is that Lord Simon is marching with his army to our northern borders.

:KING HENRY
    Not suprising, really.
    Send a messenger to Nottingham and warn Prince Edward to assemble the Royal Host!

Meanwhile, Walter Giffard marched with another English host to meet the Welsh armies that were being raised by Llywelyn.

WALTER GIFFARD:
    Hurry, men. The Welsh won't wait for our good manners. Hurry the pace!

At this time a messenger came with the response from the Welsh King accepting the request.

WALTER GIFFARD:
    So it seems that Llywelyn is as his title suggests. Very well boys, let us stop near Shrewsbury. After that we face the Welsh in battle!

While at London the Royal Host was being assembled, with many lords joining the ranks.

KING HENRY:
    In a matter of a few days we must be ready to depart and join Prince Edward's forces.

:HUGH DE VERE
    I would hope to see an end in the hostilities, but what the Scots did has just probably ended any type of reconciliation.