Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

At the king's hall, in Bergen, capital and seat of power of the Norégveldi, or Norwegian Realm in the Old Norse language:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diplomat_info.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	349033"My King, words have come from Britannia. It seems your son, Prince Magnus, has received a letter from your friend, King Henry III of England, asking him to intervene in Ireland to quell the Irish revolution.

It's a great opportunity for us to further expand our realm, which is already the biggest Norway has ever been !"

Name:	180px-Kong_Haakon_Haakonsson_PI_III_1.jpg 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	349034
    "Great news! My son, as the governor of Britannia, has my instructions on how to carry our policy in the isles. We will finally retake Ireland and use it as a base to colonise Iceland.
    Muster an army at once and send reinforcements to Prince Magnus!"

But then, a voice appeared from the corner of the Great Hall.
    A cloaked man came out of the shadows.

Name:	819119509_preview_med2spy3a.png 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	349035"I wouldn't be so sure about that, your majesty".

"Who are you, identify yourself or your head will end up on a stake!" shouted the king.

"I am sent by your spymaster on the Isle of Man, your majesty. He wishes to inform you that Prince Magnus has already sent a messenger to the English Crown, and his reply might not be the one you would be expecting. It seems your son is not keen on joining the English. He speaks of peace and shows a disdain to the old Viking ways of raids und plunder".

"This is nonsense! I knew it. I knew Magnus was too young to govern such a vital territory by himself."
    Prepare my fleet, muster the army, I shall sail to Britannia myself and take command of the situation."

A few weeks later, king Haakon IV lands in Kirkwall, in the Orkney islands. He changes the capital of the Norwegian province of Britannia from Castletown, on the Isle of Man where the Prince has established his court, and moved it to Inverness. The king is in control now. But he is an old king with a fragile health...

Name:	HakonTheOldAndSkule-Flateyjarbok.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	349036

The Baron's Alliance is next.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/axg43y...C_Barons_1.sav
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; October 23, 2017 at 08:21 AM.

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Hey guys,

do you know if the Barons player, Gen Stonewell Jackson, checks this thread and forum? He only has two posts on his account.
    I know he goes by another name on Steam (LegendaryGiraffe) but his account is private and I can't contact him.

It's his turn and it's been more 48hours since my last turn.

Cheers.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

I think you should add him on steam. People that aren't used to the forums usually don't get on too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    I think you should add him on steam. People that aren't used to the forums usually don't get on too often.
    I am not going to run after him so he can play his turn.

I posted the link in the thread, I sent him a PM here. He is part of the HS taking place in this forum so he must check the forum.
    I am not active on Steam and we are hosting the HS in this forum and not on steam.

There are rules that must be followed.
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; October 25, 2017 at 02:02 PM.

Current Hotseat:

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It is his obligation to check in, but Jadli or I can try to poke him at some point today or so. I haven't met the fellow, so Jadli would likely be better for the task.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

I agree if someone is going to take part of a hotseat in the forums then their obligated to check in and keep up with it. This includes making sure his enemies did not break rules or what exactly has happened. Regardless of time it is every person's responsibility to play their part in the hotseat this includes keeping up with diplomacy and other things.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

I ve already talked to him in the morning, hes on it

Having a little trouble downloading the mod

My anti virus cerps blocking it.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

An alternate browser might help with it. If it's machine resident, like Avira, you might need to utterly turn it off for a while.

I can personally verify that it is not a virus >.>
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

So, any update on the situation?

Current Hotseat:

Sorry for the delay. Playing my turn in about 10 minutes once the download is complete for the mod

I cannot get the save to load. It crashes to a blank message and takes me desktop when I click ok. Single player seems to work fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.Stonewall Jackson View Post
    I cannot get the save to load. It crashes to a blank message and takes me desktop when I click ok. Single player seems to work fine though.
    Is your Kingdoms version from Retail (CD) or from Steam ?
    If it's retail, it probably is not patched to 1.05.

If so, you can downloaded from Steam using the CD key you have and it should be adequately patched.

If yours is already from Steam, then you should apply what CommodusIV advised in a previous post:
    - Going back to the start menu page sounds like there's something buggered up in the configuration, possibly in the vanilla installation. I'd delete the modded folder, restore the vanilla british_isles directory to where it was before being modded, verify your game cache via steam, and proceed from there.

Current Hotseat:

I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. I'm going to save myself the stress and just quit this. I never get on TWC anyway as I don't like it so it's for the best.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Sigh 'ere we go again...

i had the same problem general, was really annoying for me but i figured it out and its pretty simple if u use steam. let me know ill send u instructions

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Feel free to post them here for future reference. At any rate, replacement procedures have already begun.

Jadli, can you perhaps create the opening in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...w-HotSeat-here

Current Hotseat:

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Ramble asked if I would join (or at least he asked if I was interested which I already was but I assumed he meant if I wanted to join) since i have been just watching the hotseat. I prefered to watch this to simply see mistakes you guys would make and how the isles would conduct differently and to see the different kind of role play. I have read the rules seems good to me the only problem I have is the win conditions and I did not mention because I did not really read the rules because I was just watching. I am not gonna ask for anything to be changed I just see in ways it would be flawed for example it would give no benefit for a faction to simply attack a specific faction for one it does not help them win and if you prefer to not attack a faction simply because their not on your win conditions but they betrayed you or attacked you.

In the end I will join since this hotseat has been on hold so many times and to be honest some of these problems should've been fixed or planned beforehand such as making the giraffe person on TWC simply because they were unreliable in the start for not checking on TWC often you can say you can't judge a person whether they can join a hotseat because of that but their simply just unreliable by default for mainly being on steam and not checking TWC often. The other problem was jouster honestly I met him first when I was looking forward to start hotseating but then Jadli came along but from the way he just is on TWC from what i have seen he is unreliable. Other reasons I am joining is to simply seeing how some people play such as wolf and commodus (mainly commodus) and because I wanna see how I do facing wise coffin and if I would be able to help out some people with strategy and stuff be like how cow was to me not really a help but somebody to talk to about hotseats (this man talks about westeros all the time but I do the same as him with my hotseats so I guess were even).

Will start on my turn today and I am looking forward to improving my rp.