Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

The mod should work fine make sure you verify your game files but be careful because it can mess your mods up so i would say moving it to another folder then verifying. It should be pretty simply just get winrar download the mod and click extract here on it then just drag it into the folder then its done.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

My installation procedure went like so. I'd verify game files if you think your base Britannia game is busted. If it still doesn't work, I'd delete and reinstall the folder (via verify game files for the reinstallation).
    >Copy the vanilla Britannia files into a directory called british_isles_vanilla
    >Extract the files found in the first downloaded RAR right into the british_isles folder (if you get prompts to overwrite things, you have done it well, if not, ctrl + Z to undo)
    >Download the selected file and stick it into the directory indicated in the OP.

From then on, no verified files, no messing with them, until you want to use vanilla, in which case add something like "_mod" to your british isles folder and rename the vanilla folder to the proper name.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

ok i am doing all this now will keep you updated

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Ill update my entire folder for you if it doesnt work

nice i got it, had 11 files needed to be reacquired. Norway is up https://www.mediafire.com/file/lk3l3...C_Norway_1.sav

I was looking to reading your RP since you are my (Norway's) closest neighbour...

I am having technical problems myself:

- I have the M2TW Gold Edition in French, CD version.
    - I copied the vanilla Britannia into a directory called british_isles_vanilla.
    - I downloaded the RAR and extracted everything in the british_isles folder. I accepted to overwrite everything.
    - I did the same with the hotfix and extracted it where it should as indicated in the OP.
    - I copied the save file in the "save" folder in the british_isles directory

When I launch the game, I can see the new factions (ie the Baron's Alliance), I can enter each faction as a SP.

However when I click on "continue campaign" the page loads but then it goes back to the starting menu page.

What did I do wrong ?

PS: this is the configuration of my "medieval2.preference.cfg" file:

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 0
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; October 22, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

CD version is harder to troubleshoot, for me. If it was steam, I'd tell you to do this:
    Going back to the start menu page sounds like there's something buggered up in the configuration, possibly in the vanilla installation. I'd delete the modded folder, restore the vanilla british_isles directory to where it was before being modded, verify your game cache via steam, and proceed from there.

On the CD version, I think it's more likely your version is buggered up.
    I'd say to backup your game saves and mods, reinstall medieval 2, and then find / install a patch to make medieval 2 be in the 1.05 era (if you didn't do that yet). In particular, this patch (picked from the list here) installed to make your game updated along the same lines as the rest of us. Then, do the standard installation process for the mod, and the game should work normally.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    CD version is harder to troubleshoot, for me. If it was steam, I'd tell you to do this:
    Going back to the start menu page sounds like there's something buggered up in the configuration, possibly in the vanilla installation. I'd delete the modded folder, restore the vanilla british_isles directory to where it was before being modded, verify your game cache via steam, and proceed from there.

On the CD version, I think it's more likely your version is buggered up.
    I'd say to backup your game saves and mods, reinstall medieval 2, and then find / install a patch to make medieval 2 be in the 1.05 era (if you didn't do that yet). In particular, this patch (picked from the list here) installed to make your game updated along the same lines as the rest of us. Then, do the standard installation process for the mod, and the game should work normally.
    The patch link says "file not available for download"...bugger.

I think I'll buy a fresh ENG version from Steam now and install it.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

You don't necessarily need to buy a new key. You can register your existing key with steam (and, I believe, still have the same ability to access the cd version).

Guys, I never used Steam before, and upon checkout (after adding M2TW to my shopping cart) I get this message:

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms' which requires ownership of 'Medieval II: Total War™'. Please correct the error and try again".

Is this normal?

EDIT: ok I'll see if I can use my existing CD key.
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; October 22, 2017 at 01:48 PM.

double posting delete.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Edit: Well, that bugged. >.<

Steam probably wants you to buy the base version of medieval 2 before getting kingdoms. I'm not sure if they fixed it, but there's also an issue that happened for quite some time where two copies of kingdoms were floating a round.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    Edit: Well, that bugged. >.<

Steam probably wants you to buy the base version of medieval 2 before getting kingdoms. I'm not sure if they fixed it, but there's also an issue that happened for quite some time where two copies of kingdoms were floating a round.
    I registered my CD Key with steam and I am now DL the game off steam (it's very slow). When it's done I'll see if both the CD and the steam versions can coexist on the same PC.
    I'll keep you posted.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    I registered my CD Key with steam and I am now DL the game off steam (it's very slow). When it's done I'll see if both the CD and the steam versions can coexist on the same PC.
    I'll keep you posted.
    The installation is in different directories, and I dual ran a steam and cd version for a few years, so I doubt it would be an issue.

Slow is unfortunate, but alas... welcome to my potato world...

At least you'll be more likely to get a successful "out of the box" installation that you can then do the main install steps for without anything extra.

Gaming Emeritus

Just download the cd patch from this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Download-Links should be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Just download the cd patch from this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Download-Links should be enough
    This is what Commodus suggested, but the patch file is not available for download.

But the problem is sorted out. I have it on steam and it works, I am about to start my turn.

I have a question regarding Unit size: how is it determined? I usually set it to Large but it is Medium by default.

CommodusIV: do you wish that I publish a screenshot of the message you sent to Norway, since you wanted to do it on your post?
    Jadli: The Norwegian king Haakon sits in Kirkwall. That's odd as he is supposed to spawn with a strong fleet and army at turn 10.
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; October 22, 2017 at 04:48 PM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

This is what Commodus suggested, but the patch file is not available for download.

But the problem is sorted out. I have it on steam and it works, I am about to start my turn.

I have a question regarding Unit size: how is it determined? I usually set it to Large but it is Medium by default.

CommodusIV: do you wish that I publish a screenshot of the message you sent to Norway, since you wanted to do it on your post?
    Jadli: The Norwegian king Haakon sits in Kirkwall. That's odd as he is supposed to spawn with a strong fleet and army at turn 10.
    I believe unit size is already determined with the game save. I didn't make a change to it and I'm doing fine - I haven't modified it to see if it would affect anything. I don't think it will, but if you change it and it does, reverting should be pretty easy.

At this point, while it's a nice offer to publish the screen, I don't think it's really relevant at this point :p I'm half inclined to see if that segment of the rules can just vanish as it's lately struck me as just plain unnecessary, to have that distinction between "official" and "unofficial".

Gaming Emeritus

As you can assume, he will not spawn. Scripts dont work well in hotseats...

Anyway, whenever you join a hotseat, always check if your mod is working and whether you can load the save, before you are up, so the hotseat avoids further delays. Not having 1.05 is a common issue for newcomers, I should have thought about that tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    As you can assume, he will not spawn. Scripts dont work well in hotseats...

Anyway, whenever you join a hotseat, always check if your mod is working and whether you can load the save, before you are up, so the hotseat avoids further delays. Not having 1.05 is a common issue for newcomers, I should have thought about that tho...
    I checked before that the map is fine, but didn't think about loading a save.
    However I have not delayed the HS since I am still not even 24h in after the Scotland turn.

Regarding scripts in Britannia, I understand that they might not work well in HS, but I've seen a couple YouTube HS with Britannia and the scripts didn't cause any issue.
    Part of the Britannia campaign is preparing and using the events happening in the game and it is a shame to do without, especially since I have prepared the RP around those.

So no more William Wallace, no more Crusaders, no more Welsh militias joining the revolution?

I guess this is an important detail and should be mentioned in the OP.
    Anyway, I'll post my turn shortly.

Cheers.