Page 44 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849505152535469 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign] - SCOTLAND OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Wow, King Alexander has superhuman marching distance! How did he reach the fort in one turn in winter in the mountains? I thought he couldn't reach it. I guess I am still not experienced enough...
    Yeah, he does have very high extra MP (I think a drillmaster ancillary and some good traits too). You can try looking at a general with a spy to see his traits/ancillaries, or you can attack him and then right click on his portrait to take a look. But it is important to look at the traits of your enemies. If you can see the traits/ancillaries, then you can estimate his movement or you can make a test game for yourself using the give_trait and give_ancillary commands.

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign] - SCOTLAND OPEN

Quote from Håvamål -- The High Ones Speech, Poetic Edda

Døyr fe, døyr frender——————————————-Cattle die, kinsmen die

Døyr sjølv det sama——————————————--You yourself will also die
    men ordet om deg aldreg døyr——————————but the word about you will never die
    vinn du et gjetord gjevt—————————————--if you win a good reputation

To my first-born son, Geilir Haakonson, fallen as a true Norse Warrior at the young age of 20, I let the Fires of Death take you to the Afterlife, to enter the realm of Valhalla and dine with our Forebears on the table of the Fallen.

To The Mad King of England, fallen by the dirty swords of Plebs, we salute you as a True Leader and friend of the Norse.
    May your Christian God accept you in Heaven.

I, Magnus Haakonson, pledge my life to bring Alexander of Scotland and his descendants as Sacrifice to the Blood God.
    My Sons and their Sons after them, will keep that promise till the end of Times!

Burn the Ships!

Hvem skal synge meg—————————————Who shall sing me
    i daudsvevna slynge meg———————————-into the death-sleep sing me
    når eg på Helvegen går————————————When I walk on the Path of Death
    og dei spora eg trår er kalda, så kalda—————--and the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

Eg songane søkte——————————————-I sought the songs
    Eg songane sende——————————————I sent the songs
    då den djupaste brunni————————————when the deepest well
    gav meg dråper så ramme——————————--gave me the drops so touched
    av Valfaders pant——————————————-of Death-fathers wager

Alt veit eg, Odin———————————————--I know it all, Odin
    var du gjømde ditt auge————————————where you hid your eye

Hvem skal synge meg—————————————Who shall sing me
    i daudsvevna slynge meg———————————-into the death-sleep sling me
    når eg på Helvegen går————————————When I walk on the Path of Death
    og dei spora eg trår er kalda, så kalda—————--and the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

Årle ell i dagars hell—————————————-early in the days end
    enn veit ravnen om eg fell——————————--still the raven knows if I fall

Når du ved Helgrindi står ———————————When you stand by the Gate of Death
    og når du laus deg må riva———————————-And you have to tear free
    skal eg fylgje deg———————————————--I shall follow you
    over Gjallarbrua med min song—————————--across the Resounding Bridge with my song

Du blir løyst frå banda som bind deg!———————--You will be free from the bonds that bind you!
    Du er løyst frå banda som batt deg!————————--You are free from the bonds that bound that you!

Døyr fe, døyr frender——————————————-Cattle die, kinsmen die
    Døyr sjølv det sama——————————————--You yourself will also die
    men ordet om deg aldreg døyr——————————but the word about you will never die
    vinn du et gjetord gjevt—————————————--if you win a good reputation

----------

Barons next:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/exrrs5owl7obm49/TIOC_Barons_48.sav/file
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; April 29, 2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

hey guys just checking in! yeah king alexander had become a beast thats why i took him out to lead the armies :p hows everything going?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandIsBest View Post
    hey guys just checking in! yeah king alexander had become a beast thats why i took him out to lead the armies :p hows everything going?
    Hey, why did you not take the chance when you were given Scotland again?

Current Hotseat:

It was the winter , and the weather as it tended to be , was rather cold , this season , and with most of the cities of the northern shires , suffering under the plague ,and there was little respite for the men of the northern shires. Henry of Lancaster , heard the news that Carlisle had also fallen to plague , and as he had recovered somewhat from his own pains at the plague , and was transported northwards by house and cart , arriving to secure the old city , to help out the law and order, with his own retinue. Carlisle had suffered much under the plague , and the old city was locked up to restrict movement of the populace.

Letters had been gratefully received about ireland offering the town of Chester to the northern shires , but most of there northern diplomat's had either been murdered by the Norwegians [in the north] from previous years and had'nt been replaced. But the northern shires breathed a sign of relief at least, that the Mad King , had indeed died, and looked forward to diplomacy with there southern neighbours , with at least a rational man. What was left of the black brian's company had slowly faded away , happy in the relief that the persecution they had faced , had ended, moving back to farmstead and town houses to resume trades.

In the South however, the recent strike by the Northern shires , at Winchester, was halted , as the newly elected king [or regent i think he might be :d] Lewes returned to the South to put the City undersiege. But another northern shire noble [another from London] hired mercenary crossbowmen and struck at the Castle at Arundel which had barely a garrison. It took little effort for the spies to open the gates, and the peasants that were the garrison were shot to pieces from the crossbow, forcing them to surrender in short order netting the Northern shires another province in england [abet another settlement were the plague still flourished] . In the vein of this event , the northern shires sent a note to the new king/regent that if surrendered historical welsh terrorities back to the welsh , they would have no issue in returning captured English throne settlements ,and giving a long term peace deal...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battle at arundel.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	377.5 KB 
ID:	358037

-------------------

Arundel Castle

Arundel Castle is a restored and remodelled medieval castle in Arundel, West Sussex, England. It was established by Roger de Montgomery on
    Christmas Day 1067. Roger became the first to hold the earldom of Arundel by the graces of William the Conqueror. The castle was damaged
    in the English Civil War and then restored in the 18th and 19th centuries.

From the 11th century, the castle has served as a home and has been in the ownership of the family of the Duke of Norfolk for over 400 years. It is
    the principal seat of the Howard family, whose heads have been first Earls of Arundel and then Dukes of Norfolk.

Roger, who was a cousin of William, had stayed in Normandy to keep the peace there while William was away in England. He was rewarded for his loyalty
    with extensive lands in the Welsh Marches and across the country, together with one fifth of Sussex (Arundel Rape). (For other reasons, the
    generally accepted first creation of the title Earl of Arundel lies in the year 1138 with William d'Aubigny, confirmed in 1155.)

After Roger de Montgomery died, the castle reverted to the crown under Henry I. The King, in his will, left Arundel Castle and the attached land to
    his second wife Adeliza of Louvain.[citation needed] In 1138, three years after Henry's death, she married William d'Albini II (aka d'Aubigny, the
    first Earl, of the d'Aubigny family of Saint-Martin-d'Aubigny in Normandy). William was responsible for creating the stone shell on the motte, thus
    increasing the defence and status of the castle.

Arundel Castle and the earldom have passed through generations almost directly since 1138, with only the occasional reversion to the crown and other nobles
    for a brief time. Since the Aubigny family first received the castle, changes have been made and the castle has been re-structured to meet the
    requirements of the nobility at the present time.

In 1139, the Empress Matilda was invited to stay at Arundel for some time during her travel to press her claim to the English throne upon Stephen.
    The stone apartments constructed to accommodate the Empress and her entourage survive to this day.

In 1176, William d'Aubigny, 1st Earl of Arundel died and Arundel Castle then reverted to the crown, under Henry II, who spent a vast amount of money
    re-structuring the building, mainly for domestic needs. When Henry died, the castle remained in the possession of Richard I ("the Lionheart"), who
    offered it to the Aubigny family line under William III Comte de Sussex. The last in the Aubigny male line was Hugh, who died at an early age in 1243.
    When his sister Isabel wed John FitzAlan of Clun, the castle and earldom were turned over to him. The FitzAlan family enjoyed an uninterrupted
    hereditary line until 1580.

[Arundel Castle - motte and quadrangle]

Upon the death of the seventh Earl in 1272, Arundel Castle and the earldom passed to his five-year-old son Richard. Thirteen years later, Edward I
    granted Richard the right to hold two fairs per year at the castle as well as the power to collect taxes. This grant provided funding for the much
    needed renovation of the castle, which, by this time, had fallen into disrepair.

Once sufficient funds were available, FitzAlan added the well tower and re-constructed the entrance to the keep. After Richard's death, his son
    Edmund was executed for his part in the rebellion against Edward II. Arundel subsequently passed to the 6th son of Edward I who was also executed.
    The castle and titles passed back to the FitzAlans four years later.

The tenth Earl, Richard, fought at the Battle of Crécy with Edward III and the Black Prince. FitzAlan was also responsible for the building of the
    FitzAlan Chapel, built posthumously according to his will.

The eleventh Earl, Richard, was treated harshly by Richard II. At the funeral of the Queen Anne, the Earl was beaten for arriving late and asking to
    leave early. Richard II eventually grew tired of his treachery and executed the Earl before confiscating his property. Arundel was given by the
    crown to John Holland, 1st Duke of Exeter, but when he was executed by Henry IV, Arundel was returned to the FitzAlan line once again. The next Earl,
    Thomas, married the daughter of John of Portugal. The couple eventually became the first members of the FitzAlan family to be buried in the chapel
    built by Richard FitzAlan, the tenth Earl.

The FitzAlan line ceased when Mary FitzAlan, daughter of the nineteenth earl, married Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk. The crown seized Arundel
    upon his execution for conspiring to marry Mary, Queen of Scots, in 1572. The castle was later returned to his heirs, the successor Earls of
    Arundel.

Turn to England

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcp916zouc...nd_49.sav?dl=0
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

England

The King is dead! Long live the King!

Edmund, King of England and Wales was dead, crucified by the cruel Irish. Philip Stratford, hearing of the vicious punishment the Mad King had been given by his foes marched swiftly north to exact vengeance on the Celts. When he reached Chester it was abandoned but for one small company of Irishmen. Pulling the spynetworks from the surrounding regions he snuck into the city and captured without a single drop of English blood being spilled. He ordered his men to hoist the three lions of England from the keep while he himself climbed with them but for a complete other purpose. While the men lowered the Irish harp Philip looked up and saw the decaying body of his former liege lord. A truly sorry state they had left him in, condemning him to die a slow and horrifying death. Stratford ordered the cross taken down and the King removed from it. He finally saw the wound leading straight to the King's heart. A small act of mercy. Philip sighed. The King had had his flaws, many in fact still Stratford had always been a loyal subject and the King had never done him wrong during his reign.

"Prepare the body to be buried here in Chester where the King lived, gamled and died." he proclaimed.

Now to send messages through the entire kingdom heralding the King's death.

Lewes sat idly at his siege camp near Winchester when the message reached him; the King was dead. That meant he was now Lord Protector of the English Crown, or well once he was acknowledged as such in London but such formalities would have to wait. Soon after, messages of condolences from the Norwegian King Magnus came which were received happily. Many would rejoice in the death of Mad Edmund but not Magnus who had been a firm friend and ally of the King in his struggle against the Celtic alliance. Lewes replied that the friendship between the Norsemen and the English would continue. The King was dead but the struggle remained the same.

Ireland up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vub1ca...nd_49.sav/file

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

High King Griffon takes council with his allies to determine what path they should take next..

Fort taken -

https://gyazo.com/bbf850572e02fb30ec1b98c7f8cede13

https://gyazo.com/2fed58ccb8b90847f4f26b91d51740a7

https://gyazo.com/aba8d7c401557625be61e3a549e902dc

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/ejll5jos47dolwi/TIOC_Wales_49.sav/file

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Reminder sent to the admin, to play Scotland's turn.

Current Hotseat:

This is so weird.
    How did King Alexander reach Aberdeen in ONE FREAKING turn; he was near the fort up in the North near Inverness.

This is unbelievable. He may well have extra MP but this is just ridiculous...
    It took Prince Inge TWO turns to reach Aberdeen from Inverness taking the short route in the East, travelling on roads (yes he had artillery which slows him down, but even without, he could barely reach the city in one turn).

Yet Alexander teleports through the lands...

I baited him with an army near the fort near Inverness in the North, sacrificing it in the process so I can take Aberdeen unopposed yet he defeated both armies by jet flying everywhere.

Have you seen the map and the distances?

Current Hotseat:

Citizen

Yes, he has ridiculous extra MP, from before I took over. That's why I posted this above:

Yeah, he does have very high extra MP (I think a drillmaster ancillary and some good traits too). You can try looking at a general with a spy to see his traits/ancillaries, or you can attack him and then right click on his portrait to take a look. But it is important to look at the traits of your enemies. If you can see the traits/ancillaries, then you can estimate his movement or you can make a test game for yourself using the give_trait and give_ancillary commands.
    I was kind of trying to hint that you shouldn't siege Aberdeen without making sure it was clear first.

--------------

Barons > https://www.mediafire.com/file/yd2dyrx101jv984/TIOC_Barons_49.sav/file

Current Hotseat:

The plague still reined supreme in the area of the northern shires , with no signs of abating , causing all those unfortunate to be infected, to suffer the effects of disease and have there own lifes judged by priests and the will of God. Those with money secured what foodstuffs they had to see out the plague before the normality will return to the northern shires at such dire time . Lords , ladies , peasants or even those of the church have been effected and the administration of the shires comes to a halt , in the panic , as some that ran the countries were strike down.

Henry on the other hand was at Lancaster was filling a little better, writing some letters to the Protector of England , asking him to submit welsh's lands back onto there rightful owners,....at the same time , the northern shires armies cease attacking England , as they worry more about there own families in the current crisis and Henry hopes for talks of peace, whilst equally worrying about the apparent rising strength of the irish , which seems to be overwhelming at this time. A ally they might be for now , but the northern shires , feel threatened with the strength of irish men at arms , whilst understanding such strength is perhaps the only force capable of facing down the crown. But for all that , they do not wish to replace english overlords, for irish ones, and so are warily judging the situation ..at least those personnel that are capable of doing so , in this time of sickness.

Turn to England
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/spag4xrvoy...nd_50.sav?dl=0
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

England

A sigh of relf. That was what the people of the English Crown collectively took. It was only a brief release of the constant war that was raging all around them, they knew it all too well. They had grown accustomed to it. A tiny light in the dark was the improving relations between the Lord Protector and Henry, Duke of Lancaster. Both leaders of a nation that was ravaged by war, famine and disease. Though trust was thin between these two factions who had been at war for so long. Could they work out their differences or would the decade-long conflict continue and the Isles ripped asunder? What would the future bring? What lurked behind the horizon? Well on the Welsh coast, the Welsh fleet was lurking on the horizon ready to recapture their native homeland with the help of the ever eager Irish, who seemed endless in number. Lewes wondered if he could hold them off indefinitely and the first thoughts of losing started to creep into his mind, an unfamiliar thought that was. What was familiar was the endless struggle around Castle Flint. Again the English lion banner waved on top of that war-torn castle.

Ireland up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jkjuy8...nd_50.sav/file

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

https://gyazo.com/632e117685e3f209fe1379d7ac292150

https://gyazo.com/752db08964e762d9b91caaed2143a408

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/idluzbcetnurl7l/TIOC_Wales_50.sav/file

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Pembroke has been sieged.

Scotland up:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...cotland_50.sav

Reminder sent to Admin.

Current Hotseat:

Citizen

The final two battles are fought, and Norway is destroyed - the King is killed inside Inverness, while Prince Inge succumbs to his wounds outside the walls. With no family members left, the vikings descend into chaos and cease to function as a united faction.

North Shire:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OYl...ew?usp=sharing

Battle outside Inverness:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZr...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oxK...ew?usp=sharing

Capture of Inverness:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DfJ...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gNp...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UJr...ew?usp=sharing

Longships can be seen by the dozens, sailing easttwards towards Scandinavia.

The death of King Magnus and Prince Inge was a devastating blow to Noregveldi overseas colonisation plans.
    A new King took the throne in Bergen, in mainland Norway.

With the war against Denmark raging, chieftains and warlords lost interest in Britannia.
    No more colonists took the sea to populate the Isles.

The remaining Norse in Scotland were on their own, forming independent clans, without any support from the Viking King.

And so ends the Viking presence in Britannia after many years of trade and cultural exchange, wars and blood.

The warriors have left, but the cultural heritage of the Norsemen will forever remain part of the history of Britain.

---------------------------------

Scottish warriors, jubilant after their victory at Inverness and having retaken the last bastion of Viking military might, stood proud and defiant.
    They have freed their lands from occupiers and reclaimed what was theirs.

They now can turn their eyes South and further expand their dominions...after they assimilate the remaining Norsemen who claim independence from both Vikings and Scotsmen.

But until then, the Scottish battle cries fill the air!

King Alexander on his mighty warhorse, leads the celebrations:

"I am Warrior,

Here I stand, I am naked and bloody,
    My fists are clenched and my body is ready.
    I grip my sword, I pray to my God,
    I touch the Earth, I can feel its life.

My task is clear, to defend my land,
    To rally my men, to lead and command.
    My strength is hatred for these flaxen men,
    Who invade my country again and again!

I am Warrior, ready to fight!
    I am Warrior, ready to die!
    I am Warrior, noble and true!
    I am Warrior, Ceitheirn Abu?

Black is the colour of my heart today,
    I see their armies, I hear their cries.
    Sailing forth in their mighty ships,
    They are not men, they have no pride.

They came to my land in search of spoils,
    To take my women, my home, my wealth.
    Today we stand, united we fight,
    Our Gaelic blades shall now be felt!"

PS: I know Cruachan are Irish, but this is to celebrate a victory for the Celtic Alliance.

------------

I want to thank each and every one you, present and past players and admins for those cool 18 months in this HS. It was my 1st HS experience and I enjoyed every second of it.
    I will definitely take part in more HS.

And of course I will keep following the Isles of Chaos to see how things evolve now that England is on its own against the Celtic Alliance!
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; May 22, 2019 at 09:45 PM.

Current Hotseat: