Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    1) No
    2) You cant combine their percenatages. You can send more but it doesnt change much
    3) Yes. As well as as entering their lands

EDIT Seems we responded in the same time
    What do you mean by combining the percentages?

Let's say one spy has 45% chance of opening the gates. If I put another spy in there, the percentage jumps to 70%. So are the percentages combined in this case? Which means I can't consider the door open since neither of the 2 spies has 60% by himself?

Another question:

What are the bribing rules?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

As I said you cant. I said it as I assumed thats what you meant by using more spies

You can bribe

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

I can already tell this hotseat is gonna be a handful for you Jadli good luck I will answer questions every now and then that i see unanswered when i check up on this hotseat good luck to all the new players.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordPureLegacy View Post
    I can already tell this hotseat is gonna be a handful for you Jadli good luck I will answer questions every now and then that i see unanswered when i check up on this hotseat good luck to all the new players.
    We'll be sure to keep him quite busy, worry not >.>

Gaming Emeritus

Its time to start, England up! https://www.mediafire.com/file/fd5ug..._England_1.sav

Ramble12 will be my co admin, so when Im unvailible, contact him.

As some of you are used to play on steam, I deem it worthy to say a thing or to. Saves are to be posted in this tread, and you always notify next player in turn order that its his turn. 48 hrs turns limits are pretty long, so if you cant play on time make sure to contact me to ask for an extension, otherwise you would be subbed/skipped very swiftly.

Rule are relatively complicated and some of you might not be used to them, so maybe give them one more read.(or two)

I suppose thats all for now, Good luck to you y'all!
    Last edited by Jadli; October 17, 2017 at 12:54 AM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The games have begun.

Would it be worthwhile in anyone's mind if I uploaded a version of this hotseat's files, including the hotfix into the installation, onto google drive?

I would say yes for the sake if other people join I don't exactly see what your saying but from what I can tell you plan on keeping it handy for later situations.

Also a piece of advice about the rules since I have made multiple mistakes on my error but if your making a move that involved a spy or just something is always involved with rules I would pull up the page for it because remembering thing is hard so I try to keep it handy for certain rules also to prevent rule breaking at the end of your turn to make sure I would check everything I did before ending my turn checking it with the rules.
    Last edited by LordPureLegacy; October 17, 2017 at 04:22 PM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

My "best practices" policy is to run through Steam and use the steam overlay to have the game's rules easily accessible at the push of a hotkey, and then use that as a reference for most decisions.

And again, if there's ever ambiguity, a point where you go "maybe... but maybe not" always best to post in this thread so the admin can take care of the question before the situation potentially becomes an issue.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos - England Turn 1

1258 was a year of great troubles for the Kingdom of England. Many enemies were beginning to rally against the might of the crown, while many non standing nations pondered the advantages and disadvantages. King Henry called many lords to a royal feast, full of merriment; however he intended to find out the solutions for such predicament. Not all could come to the festivities, such was the fragile situation of the kingdom, that many lords had to stay in their domains against hostile nations. Knowing all of this, after the eating and drinking of the feast, the king inquired upon his subject on what should be done.

KING HENRY:
    So this is my plight to the gentlemen here present. We face many dangers on our borders, and going against them at the same time might prove to be difficult. We must show the strenght of the blessed Crown of England, but without jeopardize our internal stability. What counsil do you utter?

:WALTER GIFFARD
    Nonsense, your highness!
    There is no one who can contend against our might!
    Please allow me to command the righteous armies of your highness, and along with my men we shall crush all opposition!

FRANCIS OF OXFORD:
    Your virtues in the battlefield are commendable, sir Walter, but such rude approach will lead for all nations on the isles to turn against us.
    One must show restraint and mercy to be looked with honour and respect by others.

What could a man without a sword and armor know about facing a deadly opponent?!
    If you show weakness they will smell it a mile away and tear you appart!

HUGH DE VERE:
    Calm down. I understand both positions of the argument, but i believe to have a better solution that surely our highness will concur.

:KING HENRY
    Oh?
    Due tell, Sir Hugh. Bring my mind to an ease.

HUGH DE VERE:
    What we must do is a mutual agreement of treaties with different nations to contend against our foes.
    The Kingdom of Wales and the Lordships of Ireland i see that they can't yield without a battle, but for others, like the Barons Alliance, there might be a chance of a momentary ceasefire for the time being. If they agree to such terms they we can worry our war effors to deal with Wales.
    On Ireland i believe that we could procure the assistance of the Prince of Norway that he's on the Isle of Man. Requesting from them military assistance in the northern domains of Ireland, so that we could then obtain other portions of the land.

That is an excellent idea!
    We must send for messengers right away.
    Our most relevant concern is in the North. Sir Francis, i request that you go to the Barons in the Northern Shires to inquire about their intentions.

FRANCIS OF OXFORD:
    Your wish is my command, your highness!

Several messages were sent right away to the different kingdoms on the isles. Some to inquire friendly relations, while others declare hostilities.

Here's Next Turn: Ireland

(Hope this was good RP from my part)

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

You know, Coffin, this seems like an opportune OLB scene popping up. By that, I mean a live scenario where we recreate our ingame armies when they meet via multiplayer and then determine the victor in true combat.

It's not in the rules, and would need the confirmation of the admin, but if we could work out a schedule for it, I think it could be an interesting prospect.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    You know, Coffin, this seems like an opportune OLB scene popping up. By that, I mean a live scenario where we recreate our ingame armies when they meet via multiplayer and then determine the victor in true combat.

It's not in the rules, and would need the confirmation of the admin, but if we could work out a schedule for it, I think it could be an interesting prospect.
    I would be up for them. Right now i have the time for them.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, Im all up for all this stuff, but we would need to figure out how to do it (=transport the result of online battle into the hotseat). Any specific suggestions on that? Of course, it would also require all players to be very active, otherwise it would the delay the HS greatly...

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't think it would be necessary for every situation, just something for players to agree on in case they think it fits and in case they can organize it between each other. In regards to results, I'd say screenshots possibly and/or a ref who happens to be on at a good time. Firstly, I suppose, that depends on what is a good time.

Right now, aka morning, I'm operating on my PotatoLaptop, which is hardly capable of operating an online battle. Certain times I might be able to schedule it, but in my case, it can get pretty tight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post

1258 was a year of great troubles for the Kingdom of England. Many enemies were beginning to rally against the might of the crown, while many non standing nations pondered the advantages and disadvantages. King Henry called many lords to a royal feast, full of merriment; however he intended to find out the solutions for such predicament. Not all could come to the festivities, such was the fragile situation of the kingdom, that many lords had to stay in their domains against hostile nations. Knowing all of this, after the eating and drinking of the feast, the king inquired upon his subject on what should be done.

KING HENRY:
    So this is my plight to the gentlemen here present. We face many dangers on our borders, and going against them at the same time might prove to be difficult. We must show the strenght of the blessed Crown of England, but without jeopardize our internal stability. What counsil do you utter?

Nonsense, your highness!
    There is no one who can contend against our might!
    Please allow me to command the righteous armies of your highness, and along with my men we shall crush all opposition!

FRANCIS OF OXFORD:
    Your virtues in the battlefield are commendable, sir Walter, but such rude approach will lead for all nations on the isles to turn against us.
    One must show restraint and mercy to be looked with honour and respect by others.

What could a man without a sword and armor know about facing a deadly opponent?!
    If you show weakness they will smell it a mile away and tear you appart!

HUGH DE VERE:
    Calm down. I understand both positions of the argument, but i believe to have a better solution that surely our highness will concur.

Oh?
    Due tell, Sir Hugh. Bring my mind to an ease.

HUGH DE VERE:
    What we must do is a mutual agreement of treaties with different nations to contend against our foes.
    The Kingdom of Wales and the Lordships of Ireland i see that they can't yield without a battle, but for others, like the Barons Alliance, there might be a chance of a momentary ceasefire for the time being. If they agree to such terms they we can worry our war effors to deal with Wales.
    On Ireland i believe that we could procure the assistance of the Prince of Norway that he's on the Isle of Man. Requesting from them military assistance in the northern domains of Ireland, so that we could then obtain other portions of the land.

That is an excellent idea!
    We must send for messengers right away.
    Our most relevant concern is in the North. Sir Francis, i request that you go to the Barons in the Northern Shires to inquire about their intentions.

FRANCIS OF OXFORD:
    Your wish is my command, your highness!

Several messages were sent right away to the different kingdoms on the isles. Some to inquire friendly relations, while others declare hostilities.

Here's Next Turn: Ireland

(Hope this was good RP from my part)

Beautifully done, I'm enjoying this already and being part of it makes it even more interesting.
    However, do you think it's wise to show the messages you sent to every faction, in public? Also you shared your whole strategy also in public...

Finally, I thought the Baron's Alliance was next after England, not Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    I would be up for them. Right now i have the time for them.
    Me too, this is a grand idea, a REAL hotseat. But logistics would be a pain (time differences, availability...)but we can give it a shot !

A question for admins regarding diplomacy:

- How are negotiations conducted? Is it only ingame, by replying to a message from the messenger, or is it also allowed to be done via the forum by PM?

Regarding assassins, and since the rules allow only one assassin per faction plus one for every 10 territories, is it normal that Ireland starts with 2 assassins or is my game not updated ?

Thanks.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Beautifully done, I'm enjoying this already and being part of it makes it even more interesting.
    However, do you think it's wise to show the messages you sent to every faction, in public? Also you shared your whole strategy also in public...

Finally, I thought the Baron's Alliance was next after England, not Ireland.

Me too, this is a grand idea, a REAL hotseat. But logistics would be a pain (time differences, availability...)but we can give it a shot !
    It did seem like a lot of detail, but I respect the effort. At any rate, he didn't reveal just everything :p

After all, he has no obligation to reveal plots and tricks behind the scenes... what was given in the post is content that might end up making its way to other factions. I'll also be fairly transparent in some ways, though I certainly feel no obligation to share the darker collections of information or plans right up to when they are executed :p

For all we know, he's sent a secret missive to the Scots making an offer to keep the Baron's "occupied"...

I would think Baron's Alliance comes after England if we had a customized turn order, but that depends on how the game is set up, and apparently it was not customized in the turn order. By default, if you throw Baron's Alliance in without making an active effort to look at the turn order, it becomes one of the last factions (if not the last one before rebels). It's not a critical point in my mind.

Logistics, indeed, would be a pain. It's just an idea I threw out for scenarios where the involved parties would have the time/availability to truly complete a battle in a fair way, but it's an idea that I came up with after we started. I originally dismissed it as the standard rule, for the sake of keeping this moving. In my mind, it would only be used for truly major battles, and even then, we'd still have the option for an auto resolve that is justified by the rules if scheduling does not work out. It depends on where our times end up falling, and I'd approach it as a case where we see how it goes and act accordingly.

The trick with battles would be to make it somewhat informal, but have it also properly organized. My preliminary idea is that a screenshot would be taken of the army on the map, then the composition in the army setup before the battle, and then a screenshot of the results. It would be a boon if one of the parties was making a video at the time of the engagement. I'm not much for videos, but I think Coffin would be well equipped for that, as an example.

Pardon the spam replies but I want to suggest something before the real hostilities begin:

Since this is a RP hotseat with AR only, would you consider a rule that every army going to battle be led by a general?
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; October 18, 2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Gaming Emeritus

A question for admins regarding diplomacy:

- How are negotiations conducted? Is it only ingame, by replying to a message from the messenger, or is it also allowed to be done via the forum by PM?

Regarding assassins, and since the rules allow only one assassin per faction plus one for every 10 territories, is it normal that Ireland starts with 2 assassins or is my game not updated ?

Thanks.
    As far as Im concerned its completely up to you where do you make diplomacy.

You are right about assassins, disregarded that Ireland starts with two. Moved the assassin to an isle. They are not allowed to pick him until they have 10 regions. Ireland, please use this new save https://www.mediafire.com/file/v5s2j...Ireland_1a.sav

Pardon the spam replies but I want to suggest something before the real hostilities begin:

Since this is a RP hotseat with AR only, would you consider a rule that every army going to battle be led by a general?
    We have already started, would be best to not add new rules. Anyway, as I have already told you in the other thread, such rule is not necessary. Every solid hotseater knows to put a general in lead of armies. If you dont, you put yourself at risk of loosing the army due to bribes/revolts etc.
    But no big deal for me, if a majority wants it, we can have it...

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post

Logistics, indeed, would be a pain. It's just an idea I threw out for scenarios where the involved parties would have the time/availability to truly complete a battle in a fair way, but it's an idea that I came up with after we started. I originally dismissed it as the standard rule, for the sake of keeping this moving. In my mind, it would only be used for truly major battles, and even then, we'd still have the option for an auto resolve that is justified by the rules if scheduling does not work out. It depends on where our times end up falling, and I'd approach it as a case where we see how it goes and act accordingly.

The trick with battles would be to make it somewhat informal, but have it also properly organized. My preliminary idea is that a screenshot would be taken of the army on the map, then the composition in the army setup before the battle, and then a screenshot of the results. It would be a boon if one of the parties was making a video at the time of the engagement. I'm not much for videos, but I think Coffin would be well equipped for that, as an example.
    Could be worth of shot, however something huge like this would definitely first require other players to agree, so we should wait to see what do they want
    Last edited by Jadli; October 19, 2017 at 04:36 PM.

Whoa, hold up a second, i did not see the whole auto-resolve only. I dont do those types of hot seats. Sorry boys

Visceral you simply can't join a hotseat and not look at the rules the most important rule you should look at is whether its a auto resolve or manual hotseat shame.