Page 18 of 84 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Hey guys can't do my turn till tomorrow afternoon. Was a blizzard here and won't be able to get home to u computer with the mods on it. Staying at a friend's house till tomorrow

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Sounds fine to me, should be within time as well.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

And the video series for this thread is off, it appears.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

NORWAY UP http://www.mediafire.com/file/vr26et...C_Norway_9.sav

none of my roleplay should effect anyones turns and i have a couple turns to do and im late anyway so ill do rp in a couple hours

There is word of the farmers being fearful of Prince Patrick being so close to their lands and its causing tension. He was originally sent there as punishment for being disobedient to his King, but would be relocated and replaced with a more noble and respectable general, one to calm the nerves of the nearby peasants.

The Scots enjoy a peaceful year but yet they never let their guard down. They actively patrol their borders and scout the surrounding areas keeping tabs on neighboring faction forces. Nothing they see is too threatening or worrisome. The Baron's have warned us they are building an army to take care of some rebels near our border. We appreciate and honor that they gave us fair warning. But if the rebels come on our land your soldiers do not have permission to enter our lands, per the Highland King. Anything on your lands will be more than acceptable with no stress on our front.

At Inverness Castle, King Haakon IV received a message from High King Brian.
    He smiled while reading the words of the Irish ruler.

"Brian is as smart as I thought he is. He is no fool" said Haakon to his war council.
    "It seems he too is tired of playing politics. Send word to our Scottish allies and to King Henry III. We are done fooling around.
    Also dispatch a messenger to Wales. If things are going to turn ugly, let them know what to expect"
    , ordered the King as he nonchalantly sips his wine...

"Oh and tell Inge to hasten the pace and alert the western isles. The Irish sea must be patrolled 24/7."

At Castletown Prince Magnus was furious.
    All his efforts to maintain peace seem to have been useless: with the Irish refusing to sign the tribute treaty, he has nothing to use as a negotiating tool to convince his father that the Irish mean no harm.

Rumours were circulating on the Isle of Man that the King will call men to arms.
    It is said that they will be sent to Wales, other say they will be dispatched to Ireland while more rumours claim that they will be mobilised to defend against any Irish agression.

Eventhough Castletown was heavily fortified and extremely hard to assault, the men were nervous.

They were not fearing any attack.
    They were fearing the orders to come. Orders from the Prince or orders from the King?

Or maybe orders from both...

Northern Shires next: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zplws4...C_Barons_9.sav
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

By the way, the Northern Shires and the Kingdom of England are still enemies in the game.

Maybe they should make peace in-game to reflect the new situation, or even making the Northern Shires vassals of England.

Current Hotseat:

I am currently building a townhall which should provide some diplomates , for the barons[it should be finished this turn..i did have all the trappings of war , but none of peace it seems

Simon de Montfort had been summoned to speak again with the current Archbishop of York , Godfrey Ludham , who greeted Simon , and gave him a slight blessing of the Lord , so he could further the Lord's Will...

"in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti!"

The old priest was looking splendid in his robes of office , and Simon stood after the blessing was given and they walked , talked awhile , of the churchs news, which had ears throughout the land. The Cathedral at York was perhaps the second most important office of the church in England, with perhaps the exception of the Office of Canterbury, where the Archbishop there , stood in service of the King. The two keys of the office[on the coat of arms] , stood for the promise of Christ to Peter, "I will entrust to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven.". With the one key signifying that the power reaches to heaven and the other, that it extends to all the faithful on earth,and the handles of the key being at the base to symbolize the power being in the hands of the pope. Godfrey spoke of the many actions of the king to Simon , impressing on him , the news at the court of Henry, as he had previously done , in the previous months, and Simon spoke in return, at his concerns of some of the nations to the west mobilizing and parliamentary matters.

A hour passed quickly , and then Simon had to depart to return to the commons , as there was a important vote on the horizon , which he didn't want to miss , to add his voice to the discussions. Exiting the cathedral , in the light of the day, he turned to take one more look at the mighty church , which was also called "York Minister" or as it was otherwise known ,The Church of Saint Peter in York.

The church had been a wooden structure built hurriedly in 627, to provide a place to baptise Edwin, King of Northumbria, it was soon turned to a stone structure which was completed in 637, by Oswald and was dedicated to Saint Peter. The attached school and library were established and by the 8th century, were some of the most substantial in Northern Europe.The church was damaged in 1069, during William the Conqueror's harrying of the North, but the first Norman archbishop, Thomas of Bayeux, arriving in 1070, organised repairs. The Danes destroyed the church in 1075, but it was again rebuilt from 1080. Built in the Norman style, it was 111 m (364.173 ft) long and rendered in white and red lines.The Gothic style in cathedrals had arrived in the mid 12th century. Walter de Gray was made archbishop in 1215 and ordered the construction of a Gothic structure to compare to Canterbury.

Turning away from the impressive building to the Glory of God , Simon returned to the Parliament , which was bustling with activity. The debates had already began , and indeed there had been another message from the Scottish representative , saying that the border forces had been "withdraw" a little from the border, but no crossing into Scottish terrority was permitted , even in the event of harrying the bandit forces . The Earl of Leciester , took his seat , and proceeded to catch-up with the current talking points, before the votes would be cast.

Currently Arthur of the House of Lancaster, was speaking for a case to keep the military recruitment to a minimum , so that not to much burden would fall upon his estates.

"We hope that we can keep this levee of troops to a minimum , for we doth have the harvest to worry about , and manpower will be sorely missed , but for the lack of hands.",He then sat down confident that he had made his point. The Honourable Lord Aston of Carlisle stood to speak.

"It is better to have force of a adequate size ready to use , and close at hard, when we need it , rather than waste time for recruitment when danger threatens? Let us raise the tax's on our estates to secure this funding .........for if we tarry , then gold could be taken from our dead-hands, when rather it should have been put to use beforehand!", the older man bristled in outrage to what he saw was Arthurs, penny-pinching.

The speaker of the House , Lord Henry of Chester, banged his gavel hammer down several times , bringing the commons to order, for he had decided that the time for talking was over , as he called a sign that the votes should proceed, and Simon frowned in annoyance , that his voice , would not be heard on the subject[although most of the lords here , knew which way , he would vote]and he looked around the parliament to try and judge the general mood , whether the vote would succeed..

Bang, Bang , went the gavel again , and hands were asked for those in the accent of the recruitment bill being passed....

"All those , who agreed with the bill , say "Aye!" and give me a show of hands..", announced the Speaker , and the Hall was filled with a cast of hands , and voices crying "Aye!".The clerk started counting the hands , and a number was passed to the speaker before he announced.

"All those , who disagreed with the bill , say "Nay!" and give me a show of hands.." , announced the Speaker , quickly those voters in support put down there hands, and number of lords raised there hands and shouted "Nay!" , which was again counted by the clerk.

[Admin rolled a 1 with a +2 modifier giving a result of 3]

A slow murmuring of quiet conversation was broken again from the gavel hammer of the speaker as he gave the results of the vote.

"The count has been finialised ! Forty-Seven Nays' and thirty two aye's ....which means the Nay's have it! The motion that a second army will be formed is defeated!", announced the Speaker with a flourish before sitting down , as the benches erupted with fierce argument.Simon stood and the arguments began to fade as they listened to who, was perhaps the most important member of the House.

"This is indeed a setback ... although we do have a large capable reserve to defend our borders! But I have received this day , letters given to me from both the welsh representative and the King himself . I did pen a letter to the welsh hoping for a peaceful settlement , but they have replied with a short statement..", Simon paused before trying to get his tongue around the strange welsh words..

"Yna , nid oes dewis! Which translates , if I have understood correctly [ he grinned at the other members of the house ,who also laughed at his differicultes at pronouncing in such a language] to we have no choice then!.......It seem that our nations are pushed to war , and the King calls for aid , of our house , to defend our southern kin."

Simon took in a look at the house members, it seemed that the majority still followed his words, but a large segment of the house ,were gathered around Godwine Herbert of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, sat in a huddle , talking with a small party of followers , who had there own agenda.

"The king requests that we send some troops south, to support the defence of the southern counties and so I present to the house on behalf of the King, a emergency vote , to quickly provide our brethren to the south , a force of troops to secure their lands against welsh provocation!", upon setting this vote , in the commons , he sat down, as the speaker announced a few minutes for other members to speak , there was not many people, that wished to challenge Simons, position , but after a minute or two , Godwine Herbert stood..

"We here of the north , have observed King Henry's, harrowing of the welsh , after his victory over king Llywelyn at the Montgomery bridge, did we not? Why should we believe that the Welshmen , wish to invade , English terrority ? Did he not preach peace and wish for terms? Perhaps it is the case that our English King overreaches himself , for I for one ,think we have nothing to fear from the sheep herders in the west!", replied Godwine, and simon spoke next in response...

"I have it on the Kings own authority , that the Welshmen wish Englishmen harm ! This fact cannot be denied ! Our king calls for arms to support our brethren in the south , are you so craven that you will not help your own kin ?" , Many of the lords , gave shouts of hear , hear , in response to Simons riposte.

"I of course , will bring down my troops and personally lead such a force if one was required! , but has any welsh trooper bearing arms , moved upon English soil ? I don't hear tales of Welshmen , burning or raiding English lands? If they are doing so , they are surely keeping damage to minimum , perhaps it is ...that they steal English sheep , for such might be called a prize ! {there was much guffawing at these comments} .....But surely my lords , we cannot set a double standard here today? Can we refuse ourselves more troops and then mobilize others for the English King , when there is no obvious combat to be fought! I for one , vote "Nay" until I can see a clear and present threat to english lands...", Godwine sat down to much applause , and Simon frowned at his obvious support . There were no other speakers so the vote was quickly called ..

{admin rolled a '6' - result from Table1,England calls for aid :- Parliament is concerned about the King's Request and will watch the situation closely . If the situation deteriorates and the kings reasoning is seen to be coming true ,then they will have another session of parliarment voting with a +2 to the roll }

The speaker announced that the House will watch the situation closely but no forces will be sent at this current time, and if the Welsh , cross or buildup forces , or commit any act ,which shows aggressive intent to the Southern Counties , then another Vote will be held [with a +2 modifier]. Simon left the parliament in a slow anger , as he had been thwarted, in both votes , and he would have to pen a letter to the king , telling him of the Barons decisions.

Turn to England

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6upa9muks...nd_10.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 08, 2018 at 08:15 AM.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Heavy air is sorrounding the isles of chaos. Threats of war sorround the nations over some alliances. Such trivial matter should not matter. But with one allying with someone's enemy make you uneasy over that someone's intentions. People murmur what shall happen in the next months. Already tired of war they are. But the intentions of mankind are twisted and cruel. Truth in his desire, King Henry is, to retrive the lost Irish provinces. An uneasy neutrality exists within the two nations; with trading occuring fairly often. Major unrest exists in the border in the West. The West allied to defeat the noble and just. Hosts march back and foward. No idea of what lies ahead. May God judge the afairs of men.

High King Brian's Letter

Chancellor Hugh de Vere's Reply

Moreover, over at the sea that separates them, more threat arises. Whend a delegation party was sailing over to the north to conclude negotiation with other nations, it discovers a welsh fleet; packed with an army; headind for uncertainty. Such message quickly reaches the king's ears. Something that he doesn't enjoy listening to. More now that the parlamient of the north is not willing to deliver a relief army right away.

King Henry III Letter to Wales

Next Turn: Ireland

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Indeed i ended, because i was not liking it. If all goes well with the hotseat, whend it is over i might so something more special with it for my channel, since i am saving all of my turns.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    And the video series for this thread is off, it appears.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Tensions have been high in the Isles as of late in these troubled times, a huge recruitment drive as begun throughout the country to strengthen our military which has been expanding rapidly alongside our navy these past years. Now that the Irish sea is secure and Wales is safe from a coastal invasion the King looks south as rumours have been heard of a English fleet and army amassing in Cornwall and orders the Admiral of the southern fleet to to deploy cogs to scout the surrounding area for the English fleet that will surely come. Meanwhile High King Brian was informed of the English response regarding the Merchant exploiting our lands to which he sat down with his advisers and sought advise on the best course of action, after back and forth debates on how to handle the issue they ultimately came to the conclusion that in these times with war fast approaching the English merchant can only be seen as a foreign agent and a spy. The King grants his advisers authority to deal with the issue as they see fit which results in the castle guard being ordered to arrest and interrogate the merchant to learn the truth of the matter but things go awry and the merchant is killed, who knows what this will bring?

Meanwhile even after the recent and current increase in Naval/Land forces the Royal coffers are still full with gold coming in each week, so the King decides to fund his Welsh friend and King in these troubled times.

Pic of assassin (assassin was used as RP for the castle guard) - https://gyazo.com/19f2280ac92d625ec1e2f50fe14969f7

Wales up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/hebl2p...C_Wales_10.sav

Damn those Irish are ballsy

Current Hotseat:

The Scots have admiration for the actions of the Irish

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

King Llywelyn admires the bravery of the Irish, though he is not fond of the escalation of events. The actions of his brother, one of the co-rulers of Wales, is not primarily his concern - Llywelyn's primary interest is to maintain the peace as long as it may be continued.Those with knowledge of Dafydd's activities insist that he journeys to Ireland.

Llywelyn seeks for as much peace as he can get on the Isles, and so he makes a request to England. Abstain from glory and conquest of Ireland for the current King's lifetime and focus on improving homeland infrastructure, leaving the next ruler to decide if seeking glory is worthwhile or not. If it is agreeable, Llywelyn will marry the daughter of King Henry, and by doing so, hopefully form a longer lasting alliance and unprecedented peace.

Onto the Scots,
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...cotland_10.sav

Scotland notices the increasing tensions among other nations and the King wants to solidify his relationship with the Norwegians in the North, he asks them for military access to their lands in return they offer safe passage of their troops through our lands as well.

Also in another move to ease conflict, he orders Dougall back from the Southern Border, and constructs a watchtower to scout the areas. For now The King resides in Perth with his wife and will hopefully have a true son in the near future. Alexander is still young and is optimistic for the future of Scotland.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perth.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	712.9 KB 
ID:	350240

Onto the Norwegians! http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0ia8y..._Norway_10.sav

Bjorn, a diplomat from Bergen, was sent by King Haakon IV to meet with the Barons of the Northern Shires.
    They had formed a new Parliament and he wanted to establish trade with them and enquire about the new political system in place and see how the interests of the Noregveldi can be preserved with the voting system.

As he left the court, another diplomat from Scotland arrived.

A new treaty was signed between Norsemen and Highlanders. A military treaty. The alliance is solid and the peoples of the Highlands seem to like the Noregveldi presence and the fear of violence between the two proud nations is gone...

"Skip, jeg ser mange skip!!!"

The Viking warrior standing on the cliffs of the western coast of the Isle of Skye, called his commander and pointed to the horizon: a whole lot of ships were moving in pack, blocking the narrow sea passage in the Irish sea.

"Can you see their banners??

"ja...Irske bannere!!"

Coat of armes of the Lordship of Ireland.

Barons next: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5uw71uk2g1q2vh2/TIOC_Barons_10.sav
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; January 10, 2018 at 05:22 PM.

Current Hotseat:

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I should note, gents, that due to distaste with forum administration and general incompatibility with the culture of the hotseat forum, I will have no intention of playing hotseats on TWC after the 20th. This is the one hotseat I may stay in, but the position of Wales is basically open to any interested observers should they wish to participate.

Oh no, I'm sorry to read that Commodus. I always look forward to reading your RP and you really seem like a good guy.

What happened? Is there anything we can do to solve the problem?

Current Hotseat:

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Not without the ability to do things far above the capacity of a regular user, alas.

If a new site pops up with the more desirable parts of the hotseat community, I may be tempted to giving that a look - otherwise, it's largely the presence on TWC that does it in for me.

Two factors - one, the nostalgia of hotseats has worn off rather quickly, resulting in me playing with a community that I don't think I will fit into, and two, a distaste with some of the Gaming Staff that makes me reluctant to play here so long as the particular staff and users still preside over hotseat activities and especially branch out beyond their little dens into this section, with one of those results putting a very bad taste in my mouth.