Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

If te barons take the fort, then they must show screenshot of their spy's percentage and of the gate opening.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Subbed, England up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/f2irc7..._England_4.sav

The English king and prince defeated in open, as well as another smaller force north from the battle PICS

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

Really I was waiting for approval from jadli to do my turn how I asked nobody responded to it.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Gaming Emeritus

Approval? I told you to replay several times. If you can play quikckly, you ofc can...

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

1261 is an eventful year in the British Isles.

Two important battles take place over the wars against the Northern Shires and Wales. One a success and one a failure.
    The armies of the Northern Shires, commanded by Lord Simon, went to battle against the royal host of King Henry and his heir, Edward; while in the west Walter Giffard commanded the English host against king Llywelyn the Honourable in Montgomery bridge. Over at the side of King Henry his forces were overrun by the superior quality of the forces of Lord Simon, that sended the English into a rout. While at Montgomery the situation was the opposite. With Walter Giffard scoring a tremenduous victory for the English. Before each of these battles individuals duels took place, so to show the might of each faction. With the Welsh knights winning and the Northern Shires knights losing the duels. Ironic that the result of the main battle was quite opposite to what this first encounters predicted.

BATTLE OF NOTTINGHAM FORT

KING HENRY:
    How can this be?
    This common peasants from the Shires are beating up the royal host of the most sublime?!
    Fight to the last man! Do not let them take the honour of your king! Fight! Fight! Fight!

:HUGH DE VERE
    Please sound the retreat, your Highness!
    Our forces can't handle them at the moment.
    Let us regroup and call upon our other forces threw out the kingdom!
    If we stay here were any longer going to be shot down by a rain of arrows!

KING HENRY:
    Curses! I shall have my vengeance against this upstartes of royal authority!
    RETREAT! FALL BACK! FOLLOW YOUR KING TO SAFETY!

BATTLE OF MONTGOMERY BRIDGE

WALTER GIFFARD:
    Hip Hip, Huzzah!
    We have them at a rout!
    GET BACK HERE! Do not follow pursuit the enemy!
    I won't be allowing any attrocities against a fair opponent!
    Alas, we never know what might lie ahead of the woods.

Of course that after such an eventful year,
    manny messengers are sent to the different kingdoms to discuss the politics behind these chaotic battles.
    Not so to discuss wars, but also to build new relations and possible friendships between the kingdoms of the British Isles.

Last edited by The Wise Coffin; November 24, 2017 at 05:42 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Acknowledged, I'll play my turn tomorrow.
    Last edited by PeaMan; November 23, 2017 at 05:50 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

RP will be up later when I get the time to write something.

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/hieey...OC_Wales_4.sav

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

"Have you betrayed us, brother? Or have the English taken your senses?"
    "I fought with honor, as did my men. We are free, and we have told the English such. This is a good outcome. I ask for your support."
    "Free? We are not free, Llywelyn. I will not fight you, but I will not fight for the English dogs either."

The Battle of Montgomery Bridge, Battle & Epilogue

The battle seemed to be going well, at first. Our knights slew their own, and we had a few good men to spare. Then their foolish knights came back, and we slew the rest of them. It was all going so well. Our men crossed the bridge, formed a battle line. The King made a speech. And then they attacked.

We seemed to be doing well. Their cavalry didn't get past our lines. But slowly, it buckled... and buckled... and then the left flank and the middle gave out. The right flank kept the honor of Wales. Llywelyn tried to get the men back in line. Some of them did. But by then it was too late. He signaled the retreat, and the battle was lost. So much time to prepare, and then in a couple of hours, it was all over.

The King of Wales met with the English knight in a tent on our side of the field. They made a treaty, which King Llywelyn told his men about minutes after the English general left. I didn't give much thought to what would happen if we lost. Based off the faces of many others in the camp, I don't think anyone did. At least the King seems to be taking it in stride.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with Wales, now. The English have at least been a little more civilized than usual, and have no plans to advance to Montgomery. I've already heard rumors of Dafydd's anger, though. I hope he won't do anything too rash. I am an independent Welshmen, and the battle's agreement doesn't sit easily with me, but Llywelyn is king, and I do not wish to see dispute between them.

Llywelyn brings the rest of his men to Montgomery; I have been sent to finalize terms with the English. God willing, I won't bop one of them in the nose.

Chronicles of the Welsh Revolution, Volume 2, Chapter 1

I step off the accursed ship, and what do I hear? Of Llywelyn's defeat. Well, I can't say that was entirely unexpected. What is unexpected is the fact that apparently Wales won't be much worse for wear. That is, the English aren't currently burning down Montgomery, and Dafydd isn't marching from the mountains in retaliation. Yet. I can't speak for the man's actions, but from what I heard, he's far from pleased at the result of the battle. It's a new chapter in Welsh history, so let this be the beginning of the next journal.

Still, I have my mission, and I've received no orders to cancel it. I shall accomplish my task, then head to Norway, and hopefully return home after that...

Llywelyn wishes for the people of Wales to live in peace, at least for now. He sends messages across his lands, asking for volunteers who have a desire to fight and are willing to fight alongside English forces by the Treaty of Montgomery. He will force no man to fight that does not wish to do so.

Dafydd, angered at the defeat and surrender, returns to his Castle. He retains control over a unit of veteran soldiers and the few cavalry Wales has to offer; it was from his castle that the cavalry used in the Battle of Montgomery came.

Rhodri, one of the Welsh Nobles, has volunteered to be a lord operating under the treaty. He recruits true people of Wales and Gwent raiders to his banner.

The Rebellion of York is a matter discussed over evening meals, when the Battle of Montgomery isn't the source of conversation. In general? People laugh, and dismiss it as another example of so called "English Unity". They then return to their dinners, happy for their own independence and lack of issues such as those that England faces.

The Welsh people have a mixed view of the treaty, though the people generally remain in support of Llywelyn's decision. The only public figure who has been known to directly express dissatisfaction with the current affairs of Wales is Lord Dafydd, brother to the King.

Onto the Scotsmen;
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z_...ABDMgUFKJ1ThgC
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Did Wales sign a treaty of Surrender to England, if I understood correctly?

Also it's a shame to have the Welsh RP before the English and Irish RPs...it kinda breaks the flow...
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

My previous post has been edit so to have the RP of this turn.

Hey Scotland, what's up?

Current Hotseat:

Gaming Emeritus

Posts like this are useless. Send a reminder to the player instead, or inform admin. If he doesnt play soon, he will be subbed.

sorry boys, wasnt able to get on this weekend, gonna do my turn now

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Almost forgot. I made a assassination against a Barons Assassin. Here's the image.

Hey guys, I have bad news: i spilled water on my laptop and I just sent it for repair.
    I should receive a call tomorrow and be informed if it's salvageable or not.

In case it's dead, I'll need to buy a new laptop immediately as it's also my work laptop.

This means that my turn will be delayed a couple of days until my laptop is repaired.

Or my turn will be delayed for more than a week if I have to buy a new one.

In all cases, I'll inform you tomorrow on the status of my laptop and see if I'll need to be substituted for the next turn or not.

If I am to be substituted, I hope that by the time my next turn arrive, I would have my new laptop ready.

I am still within my 48h window as Scotland played their turn yesterday so it's ok for now and I hope I get my laptop fixed tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.

Current Hotseat:

Hey guys, my laptop was unfortunately unsalvageable.
    However I have just bought a new one now.
    I need of course to configure it, update it and install what I need.
    I will be able to play my turn either tomorrow or Saturday.
    If the admin thinks this delay is too long, I can be subbed. If not, I'll do my best to get the turn done as soon as possible.
    Cheers.

Current Hotseat:

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Won't complain on my end about the delay, though I can't speak for the admin. Just as long as it comes along and we're well informed...
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Gaming Emeritus

Well, if no one has an issue with the wait, we wait

Thanks for you patience. Unfortunately, I am returning the laptop as it's too slow.

I have ordered another one that I should receive early next week.
    I don't want you to wait that long so, admin, please sub me for this turn.
    In order to make it easy for you, admin, don't do anything. Just press next turn. It's my problem so I'll take the consequence of it.
    To the other players, if you sent me in-game messages, please send them again in PM here.
    I know England did as he showed it in his RP.

Thanks all.

Current Hotseat: