Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post

Over in 1260 AD, Lord Simon's campaign against the English Crown had begun with tremenduous, catching the English by surprise. The royal host marched in haste to save Prince Edward that was being sieged at a fort. Altough the northern shires rebelled against english rule, there were some barons that were not happy with Lord Simon's strategy regarding his war policies. Such was with the case of Auncell Frankline, Lord of York.

AUNCELL FRANKLINE:
    How dare he, Lord Simon, to go and engage the English without the consempt of the other Barons!
    He just do as he pleases. Doe he think that he his the king over all of us. I wont stand for this!
    Those who are with me, let us take York dor ourselves and reject Lord Simon.
    If we turn to King Henry he shall thank us for the support and give us benefits of great deeds. Away with Bloody Simon!

York's Rebellion to the English

With the rebellions of the Lords of York, Lord Simon founded himself trapped in enemy territory. King, Henry, however, wanted to see if an end to hostilities could be avoided. However, the agressive behaviour of Lord Simon was letting to gaps for such a compromise to occur. Still, King Henry tried to speak to him.

While such events occurred the battles against the Welsh was almost underway. Sir Walter Giffard already waited in the bridge.

Here's Next Turn: Ireland
    So did York rebel?
    Did you use agents for this to happen?

That's a massive blow for the Barons.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Yes, I'm curious as to how that came to be O.o
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

After a long mobilisation High King Brian shouts his orders to his men "Onward men! today we march to reclaim what has been stolen from us!".

His son the Prince Domnhall sits eagerly awaiting orders and is disappointed that his father gave his dear friend and noblemen Connor O'Brien the honour of being second in command to the King. The Prince has sent the King a message informing him of his displeasure and demands a more prominent role in the Kingdoms affairs than governing a settlement which is more suited to the many nobles the King has at his command. The King sighs when he receives the message and knowing the importance of bond between father and son aswell as King and heir has promised a fair share in the spoils and a command of his own in the coming months but the Prince is known far and wide for his reputation as a mean leader and will have to prove himself.

Meanwhile a dignitary has been sent to Norway after rumour that the King has adopted a son bypassing the noble Prince Magnus in hope of securing trade agreement and a nonaggression pact and to the Welsh King informing him that we will welcome his dignitary with open arms.

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/8gf2x...OC_Wales_3.sav

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

wow I just realized in the picture he has York wow, also even with a rebel or riot it still would not be enough I had about two or three units and a spy inside York so I am unsure how exactly he got it and how he has an army behind me when I used spies to scout.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Chronicles of the Welsh Revolution, Volume 1, Chapter 3

A historical account of Wales has become a historical account of my trip to Ireland. I sit below decks on a rather dismal little ship, best suited for merchant's work than naval duty. Indeed, it would look like a merchant's ship, were it not for the well armed crew and the captain's insistence on flying the Welsh green. I tried to tell him that it would be wiser to pass off as an English ship, but the stubborn fool insisted upon the green. If we're attacked, I'll simply make it clear that I was kidnapped.
    Chronicles of the Welsh Revolution, Volume 1, Chapter 3

Before my departure, I heard of a new biographer tasked to the Welsh King for the purposes of covering the inevitable battle between an English Lord and the Welsh King. I wish I could have been there. Alas, it is not meant to be. I also heard of Dafydd's abrupt departure from his base of operations. Apparently, he has decided that Llywelyn is doomed, and that he will raise militias from the various provinces. He doesn't say such things, of course. But I suspect the man ambitious. The rumors grow every day of his activities - in particular, the rumor that he has eyes cast over every region of southern England. I can't say if this is true or not, but I don't doubt that his spies are abundant. Perhaps one sails with me, at this very moment, with the goal of securing my writings. Such a spy will not see them that easily. I will strive to make accurate accounts of what I come across in coming days, as long as the ship does not flood, and the journals are not lost, and any spy is kept at a healthy arm's length away.

The Battle of Montgomery Bridge, Prologue

This is the first entry in a small series to detail the events of the battle between The King of Wales, King Llywelyn, and the English oppressor, 'sir' Walter Giffard. The generals have agreed on the place to meet, and it is only a matter of time before the battle begins. I have the honor of sitting near the King himself. He seems to be in fairly good spirits, though he has confided in me regret for sending people to their deaths. I, as well as others who advise him, reassure him that this battle is for a good cause. He will win. He must win. Such an honorable man cannot fall to an Englishman.

A small message has arrived at the Isle of Man.

Llywelyn prepares for battle, fielding the following troops:

x1 General's Bodyguard (1 rank, Llywelyn)
    x1 Teulu (1 rank)
    x2 Saethwyr (1 rank)
    x1 Saethwyr (1 weapon upgrade)
    x1 Helwyr
    x4 Gwent Raiders (2 ranks)
    x1 Gwent Raiders (1 rank)
    x1 Welsh Militiamen
    x8 Meirionnydd Spearmen (1 rank)

against the English host. Wales sports a slight edge in experience, speed and raw fighters, yet the English sport more professional troops, superior armor and ranged ability. In a turn not far away, we shall see who succeeds (though events shall continue in the meantime). Welsh understanding of the scenario says that knights from both sides will meet on the bridge in a duel until one side routs. The winning side in this small skirmish will be able to pass uncontested to the other side of the bridge, and form an army on the other side. From there, the sides will await confirmation of the opposing general that it is time to engage. From there, battle will commence. Assuming the English agree to the proceedings, of course.

Onto the Scotsmen.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rX...x1IuYk-w1rJ4Lx
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

will have my turn up tonight, dont have m2tw on this computer but will be back on my comp tonight

nothing really RP wise for this turn, Norway up https://www.mediafire.com/file/b8kqk...C_Norway_3.sav

Norway Notified please do to remember to notify you will get use to it once you start doing it. (not to be a hypocrite since I would always forget to notify)
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Inge of Lokken is a nobleman from mainland Norway.
    His title is the only noble thing about him.

A cunning, ambitious and mean leader, he managed to con his way into the royal family and he got himself adopted by King Haakon IV.

The king was disappointed by his only son and heir, Prince Magnus, who refused to answer the call to arms by King Henry III of England, with whom he was friends.
    The English Crown requested Norse intervention in Ireland to help dent the Irish rebellion.

King Haakon wanted a warrior son. Just like himself.

Inge managed to win the king's trust and the liege made him his adopted son and ruler of the North of Britannia.

Surprisingly, Inge agreed to Prince's Magnus plan to avoid invading Ireland and impose a tribute instead.
    Magnus' arguments were logic: getting involved in Ireland would stretch the Norse troops too thin.

Instead getting tribute from the Irish will fill in the coffers and keep the army strong.
    Ireland agreed to the Norse terms and a treaty was sealed by Prince Magnus himself in Castletown.

The Prince was happy and proud of his work. He knows his time will come to rule the Norégveldi, and his diplomatic actions will not be forgotten when it will be time to permanently turn the Viking page and transform Norway into a modern Monarchy.

However, Inge is a dangerously ambitious man. He is also older than Magnus.
    He came to Britannia with a huge army posted now in Inverness. The men think little of these lands and only see them as an opportunity to loot and plunder.

The Irish gold will stay in the Isle of Man and the Northern Army is still dissatisfied and wants blood or gold...or both..and it is growing impatient by the idleness.

Inge must act now.

It's in these circumstances that a Scottish diplomat was received bringing a trade treaty, maps and some gold.
    King Haakon and Inge accepted the Scottish terms at first.

But when the Scostsmen in charge of delivering the gold never showed up, Inge went into a rage and pulled his sword on the scottish diplomat (Note: Scotland offered a single payment but it seems they didn't have the money anymore after playing their turn and I couldn't accept the offer ingame)
    Haakon had to personally intervene to avoid a declaration of war.

The King offered the Scots another treaty. And he warned them that if they don't accept and pay the tribute, he will not intervene to stop Inge and his bloodthirsty men again.

Rumors were already circulating however, that Inge's men have ambushed the scottish gold wagon and stole the money.
    Inge want the Scots to appear untrustworthy.
    And it seems King Haakon fell for this.

But those are only rumors travelling in the windy Highlands...

High Admiral Edmund was ordered to scout the Welsh coast for some information after Prince Magnus received news that the Welsh King is going to face a huge English army somewhere in Wales.

Magnus, a young noble lord himself, thought that the Llewelyn of Wales was crazy and his excessive show of nobility will be his doom.

"He shouldn't fight fair. It's a rebellion not a duel!" said Magnus to his advisors.

Admiral Edmund stopped near the port of Lancaster, held by the rebel Barons who are defying the authority of the English Crown.

He sent a messenger to the Lord of Lancaster asking him for supplies for his strong Dragon Ships fleet and maybe try to get some more info regarding the rumors that the Barons had lost York due to treason in their ranks.

"Rebels, traitors and plotters everywhere..." muttered Magnus.
    "Thank God I managed to avoid an Irish front. I am surprised myself how easily my father and that Inge accepted my plan...too easily I would say..."

The Barons next: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eoc6m2...C_Barons_3.sav
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; November 13, 2017 at 05:44 PM.

Current Hotseat:

Will do tomorrow or the next for tonight is too early and I have work and I plan to do good rp on my turn when I post it or later.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post

Siege Mechanics
    Siege Equipment Prerequisites
    Ballista can take out anything with wooden walls, provided there are two of them in the besieging forces.
    Catapults can take out wooden walls and forts solo; two catapults must be used to breach castle/city walls.
    Trebuchets can take out all walls up to fortress solo; two are required for a fortress and a citadel.
    It is possible to use catapults in place of trebuchets, if the numbers are doubled. Thus, four would be needed for a fortress and citadel.
    Stone level cities use the same rules as a castle; only one catapult required to breach the walls.
    Riabults can only knock down the simplest level of wooden walls.
    Bombards follow the same rules of use as catapults. They can replace superior cannons in the same way that catapults can replace trebuchets.
    Larger cannons more advanced than the bombard (not monster riabult, see above) follow Trebuchet rules - however, only two are needed for a citadel.

A siege weapon can only participate once every two turns. That is, you cannot use it for one siege, and turn it around to be used in another siege the following turn or during the current turn.

In addition, defending forces may include siege equipment in their own cities. If that is the case, you must match their siege equipment, as their equipment cancels out your own. If they have a catapult, you need to have one more catapult. If they have two catapults, you need a trebuchet to counter them and then use the amount of siege equipment required to breach the walls.
    I have been reading the rules again to stay up-to-date on everything and I found that the Siege Mechanics rules are not so clear after all.

>>Catapults can take out wooden walls and forts solo; two catapults must be used to breach castle/city walls.
    >>Stone level cities use the same rules as a castle; only one catapult required to breach the walls

If stone level cities use the same rules as a castle, then TWO catapults are required to breach the walls.

>>Trebuchets can take out all walls up to fortress solo; two are required for a fortress and a citadel.
    >>Larger cannons more advanced than the bombard (not monster riabult, see above) follow Trebuchet rules - however, only two are needed for a citadel.

I think the part in bold above is redundant as already two trébuchets are needed for a citadel. It may only cause confusion.

>>In addition, defending forces may include siege equipment in their own cities. If that is the case, you must match their siege equipment, as their equipment cancels out your own. If they have a catapult, you need to have one more catapult. If they have two catapults, you need a trebuchet to counter them and then use the amount of siege equipment required to breach the walls.

Since the defender's equipment cancels out the attackers', then if they have a catapult, you need to have one catapult PLUS the adequate extra number number of catapults to knock down the wall (one if wooden wall, two if stone wall...).
    If they have two catapults then you need two catapults (or one trebuchet) PLUS the the adequate extra number number of catapults to knock down the wall (one if wooden wall, two if stone wall...).

I think this is better phrased to avoid confusion (unless I got confused myself and didn't really understand what you mean)

Current Hotseat:

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Specific amounts of units needed to knock off walls was something that shifted every so often originally. I'll hit the redundancies in favor of what the rules say things are equivalent to; stone cities with one catapult to knock them down. The Trebuchet vs Cannon bit was a carry over from when it actually took three trebuchets to take out a citadel, which was swiftly and rather sloppily edited out later on.

I'm not sure what the edit you made at the end was supposed to do, as both versions of the rule read as basically the same to me. I'll wait for others to comment and see if they find it confusing, or the admin.

Specific amounts of units needed to knock off walls was something that shifted every so often originally. I'll hit the redundancies in favor of what the rules say things are equivalent to; stone cities with one catapult to knock them down. The Trebuchet vs Cannon bit was a carry over from when it actually took three trebuchets to take out a citadel, which was swiftly and rather sloppily edited out later on.

I'm not sure what the edit you made at the end was supposed to do, as both versions of the rule read as basically the same to me. I'll wait for others to comment and see if they find it confusing, or the admin.
    You're right about the last edit I made, it says basically the same, now that I have read it again.

However, this part still seems wrong to me:

>>Catapults can take out wooden walls and forts solo; two catapults must be used to breach castle/city walls.
    >>Stone level cities use the same rules as a castle; only one catapult required to breach the walls

You need TWO catapults to knock down city walls, if we refer to the rules above.

Current Hotseat:

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

"Catapults can take out wooden walls and forts solo; two catapults must be used to breach castle/city walls."

This is all I see in the rules. Ctrl + F does not yield "Stone level cities use the same rules as a castle; only one catapult required to breach the walls"

"Catapults can take out wooden walls and forts solo; two catapults must be used to breach castle/city walls."

This is all I see in the rules. Ctrl + F does not yield "Stone level cities use the same rules as a castle; only one catapult required to breach the walls"
    Ok I see you have updated the text, so it's good know.

I still have one detail which needs clarification (I know I'm being a pain but I can smell the first battles soon and I want to make sure we get this straight)

>>In addition, defending forces may include siege equipment in their own cities. If that is the case, you must match their siege equipment, as their equipment cancels out your own. If they have a catapult, you need to have one more catapult. If they have two catapults, you need a trebuchet to counter them and then use the amount of siege equipment required to breach the walls.

If they have two catapults, you need EITHER two catapults OR a Trebuchet to counter them.
    Unless you strictly require one trebuchet to counter two defensive catapults?

Current Hotseat:

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Ok I se you have updated the text, so it's good know.

I still have one detail which need clarification 'I know I'm bein a pain but I can smell the first battles sson and I want to make sure we get this straight)

If they have two catapults, you need EITHER two catapults OR a Trebuchet to counter them.
    Unless you strictly require one trebuchet to counter two defensive catapults?
    Far better to clarify during turn downtime than to do something that would make people go "wait, but the rules..." some time after something wrong happened, eh?

The rule means that two catapults and a trebuchet, for the purposes of rules, are interchangeable. If you need a trebuchet to knock something down, but only have a pair of catapults, that works. If you want to counter someone's catapult that sits in a settlement, but you only have a trebuchet, then the trebuchet will count as that catapult plus one.

Far better to clarify during turn downtime than to do something that would make people go "wait, but the rules..." some time after something wrong happened, eh?

The rule means that two catapults and a trebuchet, for the purposes of rules, are interchangeable. If you need a trebuchet to knock something down, but only have a pair of catapults, that works. If you want to counter someone's catapult that sits in a settlement, but you only have a trebuchet, then the trebuchet will count as that catapult plus one.
    Yea I understood the rule the way you just explained it.
    It was just that the initial text can be confusing and can make a player think that to counter two defensive catapults you MUST have a trebuchet.

Whereas two catapults can clearly counter the two defensive catapults.

Current Hotseat:

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Yea I understood the rule the way you just explained it.
    It was just that the initial text can be confusing and can make a player think that to counter two defensive catapults you MUST have a trebuchet.

Whereas two catapults can clearly counter the two defensive catapults.
    I'll give a go at rewriting it, integrating that explanation.

Play This If You Wish: https://youtu.be/dvgZkm1xWPE
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Fire I saw as I heard distant mothers crying for help as their babies dying pressed against their mothers chest. Fights broke out between the streets of York for something so petty as whether King Henry's actions were right or wrong. Hundreds of once so called neighbors kill each other just over one dispute. Who knew that one man could cause such chaos although these are the isles. Many leaders can call their actions just but good often gets confused with bad as those in the shadows cloak their evil. Men rebel by throwing torches into wood houses at night some women and children dying unaware as the scorching fire slowly burns. In the end does it matter whether we are ruled by the Barons or Henry for what does it matter are we not lynched for our words or actions whether a King decides he does not like it, are we all jesters in this game of life and the Kings all pawns to some kind of entertainment.

Words spread throughout the land of the Barons in question of reaction to the rebellion of York and others begin to think whether it is right under the rule of Barons. Lord Simon receives word again from King Henry for peace as he starves Henry's son and his men and also receives the news of York and knows that he must soon react to all this news.

The people of England may be enraged by this denial of peace but these are the words announced for the ideals of the Barons may god have mercy on all these men who die on these beliefs for we are his creations and are given the will to do as we want - Reaction of a Welsh Politician

Lord Aston continues his defense of the norther shires of Barons no word is still received from the Scottish Highlands no reply to our demands nor peace but rumors spread of an army of 2000 men marching towards Baron shires may god bless Aston with limited men and supplies the fight against the Scottish seems to be a loss.

Lord Simon receives a message from a Norwegian messenger he is pleased to hear of the letter of Prince Magnus' and hopes to create better relations with them and respond accordingly to their offers.

Rumors in London spread throughout the streets of elite forces of Barons sacking a Large English Town near in the name of those killed in the Rebellion of York.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

English General attacked with overwhelming odds near King Henry and the Sack of an English Large Town With Overwhelming odds. We await for Wise Coffin on his turn to battle me between our Fl leaders so we may continue our war without wait.

England Up!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-qi...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by LordPureLegacy; November 16, 2017 at 08:25 PM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Battle screens?