Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1667

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

Default Re: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

i would advise perhaps then that turkfinwe keeps his RP then , as i think most of his RP doesnt involve the welsh front , and then he can amend his troops movements on the welsh front then , send the replay on..and we can continue?
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

I'll try and play my turn tomorrow and send it to PeaMan as soon as possible. My RP will indeed remain the same as the only difference will be that my troops haven't moved yet instead having already moved.

I apologise for the delay my mistake has created.

Content Emeritus

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It's far too late and noting this is probably pointless, but at long last I have succeeded in making this mod work with the latest saves... through linux.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    It's far too late and noting this is probably pointless, but at long last I have succeeded in making this mod work with the latest saves... through linux.
    Huzzah! ..although with linux ? that sounds painful

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post

Congrats!!

Looking forward to the next HS with you and the crew here!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    Huzzah! ..although with linux ? that sounds painful
    Oh, mildly. There are adjustments to make and things to learn in order for the config to be serious. But it exists and seems to work, so I stand by it :p

Regardless, it did what three windows-derived setups did not in one swoop on the same hardware and approximate drivers the original windows used, so there we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Looking forward to the next HS with you and the crew here!
    I'm not in the running for a convetional hotseat; that said, now that I actually have access, I'd be willing to pursue a 'continuous hotseat' concept and polish up the rules from the alpha-level implementation they are here so they can be used in a sequel when it becomes time, either directly or as a new concept with a similar premise.

My largest posthumous issue with this hotseat's basic config is that the dates are just plain off, and now we're far beyond a time I'd call comfortable to continue without making the next thing smaller scope. We'd be in the modern age by the second hotseat if it was a sequel configured in tune with this one. But I digress, any more ideas on that I'd discuss in the Valhalla thread.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Scotland up:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...cotland_70.sav

Welsh expansion continues as Shrewsbury joins our lands.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...97814312/1.jpg

And Lancaster falls along with Lord Henry. We hope death of Henry will calm the Isles.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...81159936/2.jpg

Naval battles:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...79038978/3.jpg
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...56435968/4.jpg

At the royal camp, near Carlisle...
    --------------------

"They were like possessed madmen..and they call US savages?? I have never such disregard to personal safety!"
    Alexander, limping back to Carlisle with the remnant of his battered highlanders was cursing loudly.
    His army has been viciously attacked by the militiamen of the Cornwall clan and the knights of Hugh, maddened by the murder of Lady Cornwall.

"Now you know why I attacked Lancaster in the way I did it! The blinding rage and lust for revenge does this to you!"
    Prince Dougall the banned, feels for Cornwall.

"Enough with this. I also lost my two adopted sons in wars. Yet I remain calm. Cornwall must be destroyed, utterly crushed.
    But first we regroup at Carlisle. The men are exhausted.
    Any news from Lancaster??"

The King, trying to raise morale in his men, was anxiously waiting for the messenger he sent to oversee the Welsh siege of Lancaster.
    He needs the good news, as his army, which was almost completely destroyed, is at the brink of desperation.

Nevertheless, new clansmen are coming from the north as nobles and chieftains, empowered by the Welsh actions, flock down south to join the army.
    ---

"Report!!!!"
    The messenger arrived, covered in snow.

"Is he dead?"
    Alexander jumped to his feet.

But as the cloaked man removed his coat, Alexander did not recognise him.
    "Who are ya lad? Speak up."

"My name is Edward MacDougall. I command the force stationed in the castle north of Lancaster. I received a letter from general Nectan of Edinburgh.
    He just arrived from the North with a band of mercenaries to join your army but learnt of the attack by Cornwall.
    He sent for me as I served under his banner in Edinburgh, to attack the Cornwall camp.
    I led my men and joined forces with Nectan.
    Cornwall is badly defeated and is hiding with Hugh and a few survivors in a castle in the east.
    I rode all night to personally report this news to you Sire!"

"You dare leave the Castle near Lancaster in the middle of a siege?? You were supposed to protect the rear of the Welsh army besieging Lancaster! How dare you disobey my orders???"
    Alexander was furious!

"Lancaster? But Sire, the city fell two days ago. Henry is dead! I thought you received news by now!"
    MacDougall was smiling like a small child. He was only 20 years after all.

Alexander, pale and tired, had to support his heavy body by resting his arms on the shoulders of the young man.
    It was done.

Henry is no more.

Alexander knew that this event is the beginning of a new era.

Suddenly, he stood upright and lifted MacDougall in the air, like a small child.
    "You lad, you are a true Scotsman!
    Bring me my sword now!"

The king lifted his large sword and towered it over the head of the young man.

"Kneel before your king or I'll chop yer head off!"

MacDougall, in disbelief and sheer panic, jumped to the floor and knelt.

"Edward MacDougall, protector of the King and pride of Edinburgh, rise a Knight, rise, General MacDougall!!.
    And General Nectan, he will be promoted to command the Prince's army!
    Now give me ink, I need to write to Lord Goldwine...and when I am done, all sober men will be hanged! Tomorrow, you wretched lot will march back to the Highlands to shag your wives and play with your kids!"

-----

In the northernmost isles of the Kingdom of Alba, in the freezing waters, Scottish sailors led by Norse admirals broke the long-going blockades of the Shires ships.
    The Englishmen, not used to manoeuvre in icy waters, were sunk, and trapped under ice.

----

Barons next: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bnpkus...ns_70.sav/file

Current Hotseat:

PS: I did not move any units which were defeated in the previous turn. I merged or disbanded some of them though.

Current Hotseat:

Henry of Lancaster had fallen! The taste of success was sweet thought Lord Godwine of Newcastle , who savored the victory the welsh had given him , but he was under no illusions about the quality of his erstwhile allies , and their own private ambitions. The Scottish were heady with the victories in the north, finally uniting their own kingdom , and pushing back the threat of the Norwegians from across the sea , sought , ever further power, and land , using the excuses of war against the english crown , and newcastle , had suffered in that conflict before! The Godwine's had suffered in that conflict , and nobody had come to help , support or save his people then , as now.

Henry was a fool to think that wales would honour their pledges of help , in helping fighting the english crown , perhaps delighting that englishmen fought englishmen whilst the welsh gained much, ..so much english blood split over what? All so that those welsh barbarians would turn , and stab him in the back , such was their version of honour . As for the irish , Henry sent his own personal men of lancaster to fight at their side , at welsh coast, against the english forces, and again for the capture of Castletown.....So much mindless support , and fighting at the side of a ally , who would burn the english fleet protecting his flank ....So much for their promises of peace, and support , which had as much weight as the sodden and peat , that was their irish ground .

Pfah! Godwin spat on the floor , thinking back to his youth when the scottish clansman , sacked and looted Newcastle, seeing the desperation of the people , and never forgetting the signs of Scottish power, whilst allies stood idly by and knew that he would protect his own people from such suffering, that had stamped its mark on the memories of a young boy[back then] , who then hid in the corner of his house , whislt the victorous scottishmen took their spoils of victory that day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	messages.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	359824

Godwine's advisor a grey faced tall man arrived and proceeded to give the news on the rise of his house of Godwin, to being the most prominent Lord of the northern shires, with a fair few of the council members dying with Henry at Lancaster and more than a few dying to scottish assasins , and his own followers in York .

"Sire, as you predicted their was a only a few members at York that still supported Henry , and with the rise of your own councillers, most have either fled or remain silent at the switch of control to your command!", the grey main intoned., "Also Henry's wife, and daughters unfortunately were found by some of your supporters in a friends house south of York , which was surrounded and burnt to the ground, a few nights back with no survivors"

"Most of those at York saw the writing on the wall , when many of your followers , scuttled and set fire to what was left of the northern shires fleet , reducing the admirals that still supported Henry to having no power, that was perhaps the final act of resistance that broke the support of Henry there" , continued the advisor with his report

"What of those that resist?" , snarled Godwine , determined that all resistance , to his rule , would be destroyed, and that total command of the northern shires would be his .

"Hugh of Lancaster , and Paul Cornwall have retreated to Barnard Castle , after being broken by Scottish forces, that will certainly pursue them , and they have not the forces to escape!", said the grey face man

"Excellent! " , announced Godwine , rubbing his hands at the delight of having his one rival house for the control of Newcastle exterminated.

"....As for the south thou , there are several nobles , who where led by John de Warrene , the so called commander of northern shires, but there are rumours he died of a broken heart, once he heard the news that Lancaster had fell, but the rest of his forces lay south of York near Conisborough castle, which they are using a base of operations, and that they have a small force of consequence , for which they wish to resist the welsh advance, but Pontefract castle remains in Yorkish control , and is ours to command, somewhat blocking the retreat of the Protector of England who is still trapped at Skipton after being broken by the forces of the Welsh......" ,the advisor finished his information of the current sitaution.

Godwine , sat back at his chair at the news, comfortable that with the demise of the northern shires fleet, there would be little to trouble the scottish troops or agents heading south, apart from perhaps Waylander, who had failed to report at York , as it was rumoured he was in the western border near the welsh. Thinking for a bit with his fingers forming a point , for some minutes, he came to a decision.

"I will notify the scottish of these rebels that refuse to submit to what are now our Scottish overlords, .....and i will broke no dissension from my rules, All of our forces must remain inside the city's of Newcastle and York, so it will be clear to the Scottish who is friend and who is foe! ..and that the scottish must be obeyed here in all things, for I don't want any trouble with them. Let them finish off Cornwall and his dreams , and fight the english crown for their own delight. For eventually it seem , the two main power brokers of these isles are now the scottish and the welsh...and let them fight for dominance if they wish to."

"What of the irish?" , queried the advisor

"What of the irish!.....Let them stew in their own pot, as either the scottish or the welsh take command here....i care not", replied Godwine as he stood , stretched and then yelled for a servant to prepare his scribe for a message before striding from the room.

-----------------------------------

Just South of Nottingham , Paul Cornwall sister had'nt yet heard the news of her brothers defeat at the hand of the scots , as she continued in the carriage heading towards the city of London , expectate at her meeting with a English Lord and General Walter, who had a estate there. Letters had been set , and after arranging a place to stay nearby , it was allowed that she could visit this fighting man , to see if she met his expectations, and if she would be favourably met, then the possibility of marriage might be a option, to further strengthen her family with the english crown , for Walter it was rumoured was related to the english crown , although in what relationship status , she could not say....

Name:	marriage alliance.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	359825

-----------------------------------

Waylander worked glove in hand , with the other northern shires agents on this western boundary presenting the two agents with false papers , that they should render all assistance and to ignore all communications from anybody other than him or Henry . To this end , one agent, helped bribe the lax guards at the gates of the city of Chester, enabling the provocateur to join a merchant caravan entering the city. It took him more than several days for him to secure a suitable escape route and secure his target , which was the garrison's guardshouse that secured law and order within the city.

He had however secured several large bags of gunpowder which he jerryrigged at the side of the building which had a quiet side down a narrow ally way , and it took little effort, in these unstable times, during that night to stuff the bad of podwers against the wall , wedged in by some barrels, to secure the effect to explode inwards against the wall. Leaving a sufficient fuse, on the gunpowder pile and using some flint and tinder, he made a small flame, lighting his pipe , and took a few pulls of his pipe , enjoying the strong flavour of the weed, before expelling , relaxing himself in the cold of the night , before dumping some ashes onto the fuse, and disappearing into the night..

Later , in the middle of Chester, the City Watch building exploded, in a giant flash of light and flame, hurling peices of rubble into the air, with the supporting walls holding the three story building falling , as the building collapsed into itself in cloud of dust and flame, killing all guards inside. Panic fled into the streets then, as church bells began to ringout , and cry's of alarm filled the air , as the citizens called for the forces that remained, to putout the fire ,which had started from the blast,as smoke belowed out of the ruined area and stop it spreading , as in the confusion , a non descriptive man , whistled a small tune , and disappeared into the confusion.

Name:	sabotage.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	299.2 KB 
ID:	359826

----------------------

Francis spill had been given orders by waylander to cause what hardships he could to the welsh invasion , but with very little resources there was little he could do against armied men. Perhaps the only thing he could , after consulting some nearby villagers , was to talk ....so talk he did, to one of the billman companies hired to defend a river crossing near Montgomery . The billman were english troops dis-satisfied by the english crown against the welsh invasion , and had turned to being mercenaries but the current duty was so boring that they sought employment elsewhere , and with very little coin , the company was "persuaded" to leave welsh service and look elsewhere for work.

Name:	bribe.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	341.0 KB 
ID:	359827

Turn to England
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez50htfup3...nd_71.sav?dl=0

---------------------------
    Barnard Castle {between Newcastle and York where Paul cornwall is]

The land now occupied by the castle was owned by the church as early as the 9th century, but in the 11th century the Earls of Northumberland seized it. The Earl then rebelled unsuccessfully against William II and the crown seized the land, and in 1095 granted it to guy de Baliol. The church argued that William had no right to grant the land, and this dispute over ownership simmered on and off for centuries.

Guy de Baliol did not hesitate, and shortly after taking possession of the land he began construction of a ringwork defense that now forms the Inner Ward. In 1125 his son Bernard rebuilt and expanded the original wooden structure. Bernard also founded the town outde the castle walls, and granted it a charter.

Later members of the Baliol family fell on hard times, possibly due to the expense of maintaining the castle, and in 1190 the Bishop of Durham held the castle as security for a loan to the current Baliol owner. In 1212 King John ordered the castle to be returned to the Baliols.

In 1216 Scots under Alexander I invaded the north of England and beseiged Barnard Castle briefly. A defender within the castle fired a crossbow bolt that killed Alexander's brother-in-law, Eustace de Vesci. The castle survived that seige, but in 1264 was taken by barons supporting Simon de Montfort's rebellion against Henry III.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves. John de Baliol succeeded in 1228, and he became one of the richest men in England when he married Devorguilla of Galloway. John was a stern character, and he kept his wife's illegitimate brother Thomas imprisoned in Barnard Castle for over 60 years in order to hold his Scottish lands. When John died in 1269 Devorguilla founded Sweetheart Abbey in his honour. She also had John's heart embalmed in a casket, which she kept with her. At mealtimes food was served as if John was present. His portion was given to the poor afterwards.

One of John Baliol's sons, also named John, became a claimant to the vacant crown of Scotland. Edward I was called in to adjudicate among the various claimants, and selected John as the rightful king. As soon as John Baliol ascended the throne of Scotland he foreswore his allegiance to Edward, with the result that Edward invaded Scotland, seized John, and threw him in the Tower of London. He also confiscated the Baliol lands. In the meantime, however, the Bishop of Durham saw the chance to reassert the church's old claim to Barnard Castle, and occupied the castle. It was only in 1306 that Edward II reclaimed the castle for the crown.

After Edward I's death in 1307 the castle was granted to the Beauchamp family, Earls of Warwick. The Beauchamps left Barnard Castle to decay, and the outer wards were abandonned.

The bishops made another attempt to seize the castle in 1440, when Bishop Nevill occupied the site, but the king forced him to return it to the Beauchamps. After the Beauchamp line in the north died out the castle was granted to Anne, wife of Richard Nevill, Earl of Warwick. Nevill is known to history as 'The Kingmaker'. After Nevill's death in 1471 the bishops once more claimed the castle, but it was granted to Richard, Duke of Gloucester, later Richard III. When Richartd became king he made great plans to enlarge and strengthen the castle, but these came to naught as his brief reign was brought to an end by defeat at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485. The castle remained in royal hands following his death.

In 1569 the castle was at the heart of events in the so-called 'Rising of the North', a rebellion that sought to depose Elizabeth I in favour of Mary, Queen of Scots. The castle was beseiged by 5000 rebels, but the commander of the defenses, Sir George Bowes, organized a stern defense. The rebels took the Outer Ward and the Town Ward, and Bowes was forced to surrender. But the delay in taking the castle meant that the rebellion was doomed, and it ended shortly after.

In 1630 the castle was sold to Sir Henry Vane, who dismantled many of the castle buildings to use the stone for rebuilding his main home at Raby Castle. A descendant, Lord Barnard of Raby, gave the castle to the crown, and it is now in the care of English Heritage.

Vane decided to make Raby his principal residence and Barnard Castle was abandoned and its contents and much of its masonry was removed for the maintenance and improvement of Raby.

{bridge over the River Tee's below the castle}

There are four right of entryways, known as gates, to the town; Bridgate, Galgate, Newgate and Thorngate. The main route is Galgate, which for the most part follows the old Roman Road, which leads to Scar Top hill and the Castle itself. From there it follows the castle wall into Horse Market, which is the main street.

The Butter Mart
    A cobbled section known as Market Place is where a weekly market is held each Wednesday and a Farmer's Market on Saturdays. This is where the Market Cross is located; this is an octagonal building, which was erected by Thomas Breaks in 1747.

It is also known as Butter Mart - the name derives from the fact that farmer's wives sold dairy produce on the ground floor, which protected both the women and the produce from sunshine and rain!

This building has been used for several purposes over the centuries, such as a court house on the upper floor and even a fire station.

Ancient Duel
    Observant visitors today can see two bullet holes in the weather vane on the Market Cross, which was being used as target practise by the Earl of Strathmore's gamekeeper and a local man named Taylor, one of the Teesdale Squad of Volunteers, who were attempting to show who was the best marksman.

The men stood outside the Turk's Head and each fired one shot at their target, the weather vane on the market cross, the bullet holes still visible today show how well matched these men were. This took place back in 1803 when there were fears of a Napoleonic invasion.

Left of the market place is Newgate, where you will find the Parish Church of St. Mary's which also serves the village of Whorton. St Mary's owes its foundation to Bernard Balliol who built the Castle. The church is mainly Norman and Transitional. The west tower is a replacement of 1874.
    Last edited by paladinbob123; October 26, 2019 at 12:30 PM.

This is getting very interesting.

What are the accepted odds for a pricess to marry? And can she marry a King or prince?

Current Hotseat:

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    This is getting very interesting.

What are the accepted odds for a pricess to marry? And can she marry a King or prince?
    the chance is 44% [which is shown on the screenshot below the script..... i dont think walter is a king or prince thou..but he certainly is presented as "family member" which would perhaps give him a claim for newcastle if he marries
    Last edited by paladinbob123; October 26, 2019 at 12:23 PM.

Content Emeritus

England

“All hail his Majesty, Geiles the First, King of England!”

The people rose from their seats and the cathedral was filled with applause and cheers. Geiles turned to face his people and smiled. He was finally king. After the Lords of England had deposed Lewes of his position of Lord Protector, Geiles had not wasted long to arrange his coronation. He beckoned for silence.

“Countrymen, England has a king once more!” he roared which was answered in kind by the audience.

“I have only one thing to say: Death to the Welsh invaders; Death to the Scottish instigators; Death to the traitors from the north!”

Thus began the reign of Geiles the First, King of England.

Lewes was staring at the campfire, his small detachment of men camped around him, no more than a hundred men in total. Men who had fought years and years beside the former Lord Protector. They had been as fervorous as him when they rooted out the traitors to the crown under Mad Edmund's reign. They had slogged through the Welsh lands, fighting bitter battles in the first war with the Celtic Alliance. They had stuck with Lewes through the hardships of an ill-gotten peace and had charged without abandon at the Scottish lines at Lancaster and even now after his demotion they still followed him in his war against the Welsh and Scots. Hard and loyal men. It made a smile tug at the old man staring at the fire. His thoughts flashed for a brief moment over to Pickering, who was marching the battered northern army back home, his army. Lewes sighed. No more my army he thought. One of the men brought him a cup of warm spiced wine and Lewes thanked the man and his resolve returned, shaking of the former weakness. He was not done fighting. Not yet.

“I am the master!” I slurred at the maiden sitting on my lap. I resided in a grimy disgusting inn, a haven for men like me I bitterly thought then I looked at the fair maiden and I conjured a smile. At least the women are pretty here or I'm very drunk. I laughed loudly, startling the young women yet she was firm in my grasp so she couldn't run. Either way it didn't matter. This produced another bout of laughter from me. I could feel the women stiffen on my knee, uncomfortable with me. A flash of anger washed over me but I suppressed it inward. I gave her a lovely smile and she seemed to relax a bit, but only a bit. I started rummaging in my pocket. After a painstakenly long fight with my buttoned jack I produced a gold sovereign. The girl's eyes went wide open, it was probably the greatest amount of money she had ever seen in her entire life, and probably would see. I had taken the purse of my previous victim, some Scottish noble. Not stolen, no you can't steal from the dead.

“Care to go upstairs.” I whispered in her ear, probably spitting in her ear. She did not waver for a moment and promptly took me to my room upstairs. How easily people are persuaded by the glint of gold. I stumbled upstairs where she helped me get out of my clothes. With a grin on my face I fell on the bed and let her do her work.

“I am the master.”

Assassination chance

Ireland up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xhjdbm...nd_71.sav/file

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/yucfi0oadj3b16n/TIOC_Wales_71.sav/file

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

"They are trapped, the end is nigh. Death to the traitors!"
    MacDougall gave the order.

The clansmen stormed the last bastion of the Henry-followers.
    Local Newcastle faithfuls have opened the gates for the Scottish to enter the castle where Cornwall and Hugh have been hiding.

It was a massacre.
    But as MacDougall came to face to face with Cornwall, having slashed his way through his bodyguards, he stopped.

"Lord Cornwall, I am sorry for your sister's death. But know that she was never the target. And it is YOUR FAULT the mistake happened, because she was wearing YOUR armour and followed by YOUR bodyguards.
    You are nothing but a coward and you have no sympathy from me!"

Cornwall, enraged by the arrogant young general, charged him like madman. But as he came inches from the Scotsman, he fell like a dead-weight on the ground.

"Young Edward MacDougall, your arrogance will be your demise"
    Nectan of Edinburgh, Edward's mentor, cleaned Cornwall's blood from his sword and turned his back on the young general.

Lord Goldwine of Newcastle now stands unopposed as the ruler of the remaining Shires: York and Newcastle.

However, the newly crowned King of England, Geiles, is not pleased with the Scottish-Shires newly found peace and amicable relationship.
    English troops have been seen marching towards York.

"York must not fall to the enemy. Send word for Nectan and his men to deploy in the area."
    Alexander was keen on protecting the Shires of course. But he also wants to prevent the English from gaining the rich city of York.

It is time to press the attack on the Crown, as the Welsh march eastwards.
    Even the Irish, having being gifted Lancaster by the Welsh, now have a foothold on the mainland. If Goldwine had hopes of retaking Lancaster, or being given Lancaster back by the Welsh, well those hopes were gone.
    Alexander did not even consider giving back Carlisle.
    "Too many Scotsmen died in the Carlisle fields for us to give it back...", so was the King's firm response when his counsellors advised him to gift the city back to the Shires...

----

"He has been spotted...now move carefully and stay in the dark. You are not his match..."

----

Barons next: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7fpasto2vidfi2p/TIOC_Barons_71.sav/file
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; October 29, 2019 at 06:57 PM.

Current Hotseat:

It was the summer of 1328AD and the newly named "Scottish-shires" was on a spell of rebuilding , as the newly self appointed Duke Godwine , was improving the docks with a extra wharf , and improving the diplomatic facilities within York to show that his government would improve things for the populace . The english forces had moved from skipton castle, heading southwards to escape the scottish and welsh threat . The castle and city of Lancaster , had been given to the irish , in a reason unknown to the duke , and the welsh forces had fallen back to Chester.

The irish offered the province of Lancaster to the Duke , but Godwine knew the people of Lancaster viewed him , with particular hatred, so he had no need for such a land, which would bring him trouble, and he recommended to the irish , that they offer the land to the scottish instead, to perhaps show his loyalty to his new liegelord as a sign of his trust.

----------------

Waylander grinned as he left the city of Montgomery , knowing that the delayed fuse he had made, was sure to finish its job soon , and it was just as he left the city , when the massive explosion could be heard , as the main garrison building within Montgomery brew apart , a explosion massive in its scope, destroying all chances of rebuilding welsh forces, until it was repaired. Waylander began to whistle a dainty tune, as he disappeared into the nearby welsh countryside , happy with his new projects with the strange black powder, and its destructive effects.

Name:	explosion.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	305.9 KB 
ID:	359870

----------------

Lady Cornwall , was heading to london when she escaped , her escort, and returned to Nottingham , where she met her secret love, were perhaps motivated by the loss of her brother in the north, she sort some comfort , with Godwine Lewes , the son it seems of the now retired protector of england, lewes . With perhaps news of his father uncertain , and lady cornwall's loss, they gave in to their passions , and were wed in secret, and before most in the city knew about the situation both of them departed nottingham in the night, with the young lad, declaring himself to help the northern shires rebels, to the north, to help his father if he lived, and to give lady cornwall some measure of revenge on Duke Godwine with the ultimate goal of securing Newcastle .

Name:	marriage.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	359868

------------------------------

with some of the welsh trade disrupted on the border, the northern shires diplomat had little issue with a few warriors securing a small sum , which he bribred the welsh spearmen holding a castle , protecting the welsh homeland border....

Name:	bribe.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	359869

Turn to England...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2j4kw0cykd...nd_72.sav?dl=0

---------------------

In memorandum of Mad King Edmund

Last edited by paladinbob123; October 31, 2019 at 08:24 AM.

Content Emeritus

England

The war in the south has found itself to a standstill with the Welsh halting their advance, as they consolidate their forces. The Kingdom of England is split in half, one half controlled by the Celtic Alliance and the other by the still proud and independent kingdom. With the death of Henry of Lancaster, England stands without friends; One against all. Some supporters of the late Duke of Lancaster remain loyal to their lieges' pledge and do not recognize the authority of Godwine who pledged fealty to the Scottish Crown and see him as the traitor he is. These honourable gentleman continue to fight the unjust Welsh invasion of their once sovereign state. Cooperating with them is the former Lord Protector Lewes, who still conducts a guerilla war against the invaders. They might not be of great use in grand battles against large armies, but together they might yet deal some damage to the accursed Celtic Alliance. Our Lord, Geiles the First, King of England is determined to fight to the bitter end, for there is no honour nor honesty left within our enemies. They are all agents of deceit and they sow lies like a farmer sows seeds in the spring fields.

Where are the Irish now as peacekeeper? Where are their promises of refraining to join the conflict? Given Lancashire like a bone thrown to a dog merely to keep it pleased and its mouth shut, a dog on a leash. Betraying allies and neutral parties alike. When will the first invading parties enter English soil?

Or the Welsh with their unending ambition and missplaced hatred? Words mean nothing to these people, no less treaties with former honourable enemies or their own friends and allies for that matter. The Northern Shires do not forget the betrayel, that is why some still fight.

And then the Scots, the snakes who started it all. Finding excuses to invade neutral territory in their so-called path to justice. Nothing is as dangerous as a fool who believes his own delusions and Alexander surely is one of those. How many need die before his need for 'justice' is satisfied? When all English bow before his big head? When all Englishmen are dead and every Englishwoman is raped by Scot barbarians? When the memory of England is but a footnote in history?

God, give us the strength to defeat our enemies and put them in their right place!

- excerpt from Walter Wolram's diary

“SOUTH?! What do you mean south?!” I yelled, shaking my informant his head bobbing back and forth. I released him and started pacing. The spy's hands went to his neck as he regained his posture.

“With the fall of the Northern Shires' our orders are to relocate our base of operations further south.” the informant said, his voice cracking slightly. I eyed him up with my bloodshot eyes. I was having a tremendous headache. Must've been the wine yesterday. I sat myself down with my head in my hands trying to calm down. My mission was in the north, bringing the fear into the Scottish heart not down south where the terrain was unknown. I knew the north like my pocket, but the south was entirely unknown to me, contact with its intelligence networks vague. Yet orders are orders. I spat on the ground. The spy was turning his head nervously towards the door while I fought against a wave of nausea. Breathe in, breathe out, steady on. I raised my head, my face like thunder and nodded. My informant hastily got out of my quarters, happy to be somewhere else as fast as possible. Probably also frightened of the advancing Scots and their new found allies in the Northern Shires. As I made ready I wondered which side Waylander, the infamous assassin of the Northern Shires, was on. Word on the street was that he was operating in the south. Perhaps two masters would meet. This produced a wry smile on my face as I kissed the fair maiden farewell.

The road is long and full of dangers, no longer could you be certain that an Englishmen was your ally thus the trip south would be long. As I made a wide berth around Barnard Castle I suddenly remembered of a young MacDougall residing there. I grinned. My orders stated I should relocate my base of operations further south. That was all. Plenty enough room to have some fun on the road. Another MacDougall will fall.

Assassination chance

Ireland up: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dw70ct...nd_72.sav/file

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/5emal2qcwvx32fu/TIOC_Wales_72.sav/file