Page 17 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: [Britannia Expansion - Custom Submod] The Isles of Chaos (Roleplay Hotseat)

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

The great Island of Ireland has been prosperous these past months and have begun construction on Citadels and improving roads throughout the Kingdom. High King Brian has sent word to the Barons of the Northern Shire in hopes of gaining trade rights and improving relations while a renewed offer of tribute has been sent to the mighty Vikings in hope to keep the peace.

Wales up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/jccz56...OC_Wales_7.sav

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [HS] [RP] Britannia: The Isles of Chaos [Vanilla, Britannia Campaign]

Chronicles of the Welsh Revolution, Volume 2, Chapter 3

The trip to the Isle of Man was fairly uneventful. The place itself has a fair charm to it, but the primary features are the cliffsides, the great mountain, and the castle sitting in the rugged terrain. I woe anyone who would wish to besiege this - it is a naturally defensible position. It also bears uncanny resemblance to a prison. Not that I would say such to my host, the Prince.

The prince appears to be an amicable man. In him, I see traces of Llywelyn, though if I may say so, he appears to be a little more even and calm. Not that Llywelyn is prone to anger. But I should not continue on this, as I would be speaking much about nothing.

The prince was agreeable and a fair host from the outset, and I am fairly confident that we will reach a fair agreement. I cannot speak for the leader of the Norwegians, but I can say that they have a solid offering in Prince Magnus. I would wish to see them together on the field. Certainly not against each other.

International affairs seem to have reached a state of calm, unheard of for many years on the Isles. I do not trust it. It is a false peace, a peace that reeks of backroom dealing and armies amassing out of sight. The worst has not come. May the common people of the Isles make the most of this time of peace, for I do not think it will last much longer.

Madoc has finally arrived at the Isle of Man, and conducts the business of securing trade with Prince Magnus.

Rhodri continues to move north, and is now firmly in Dafydd's territory. Where he goes from there is uncertain.

King Llywelyn has the possibility to marry with not one, but two high ranking members of English nobility. It seems he must make a decision who he intends to spend his life - and a portion of his diplomatic value - with, the noblewoman from a powerful parliamentary group, or the princess from true English nobility. Neither marriage would prove particularly popular to the Welsh people, though perhaps the lesser noble would be easier to swallow. There is a young man that Llywelyn wishes to make noble, despite him not having 'royal welsh blood' - Maelgwyn of Cydweli. Perhaps he will take one of the two proposed marriages. For now, Llywelyn would prefer to delay the moment to make his decision. To those that know him, it is likely that Llywelyn will make a marriage for the sake of the Welsh people.

Maelgwyn, currently the Lord of Pembroke Castle in Lord Rhodi's stead, has begun renovations on his castle - unaware of his potential role as a suitor.

Onto the Scots,
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vr...2CpdkcbbDqxU_3
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Celebration rang through out Perth as King Alexander was joined in marriage with Mor of Sutherland. His mood has been friendly and outgoing since the big day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alexander.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	350112When word comes from Norway of their intent to accept our proposal of alliance, Alexander brings out bottles of an old fancy wine from England. His men drink to these past few days and months that have been glorious and filled with happy memories. Lets send our Norwegian brothers their gold they desire and some of our best, most potent wines! Maybe one day we will be able to drink together and show each other our cultures.

Our People are happy and our neighbours seem happy. Let us cherish these days and pray for the long lasting peace our people desire.

Prince Magnus was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Welsh representative.
    Ever since the defeat of the Welsh king in the "honourable" battle against some English general, he has been worried that Welsh king will be under extreme pressure, both internally and externally to take a stance on the English matter.

When the Welsh diplomat finally arrived, the Prince welcomed him personally in his castle.

They spoke long about politics, history and art.
    Business was also conducted and maps were exchanged.
    Both men shared the same ill feeling about the sudden peace and they can smell the winds of change...

King Haakon and Inge were busy looking over maps and army reports.

Logistics were still underway as troops were receiving new orders and baggage trains were being filled.

It is in the midst of this chaos that a scottish diplomat arrived at Inverness with the treaty and terms that king Haakon offered to king Alexander.
    The Scottish King had accepted the terms and both realms were now officially allied.

The Scots will keep their border castle but will pay tribute to the Vikings.

But the Scottish diplomat was not the only messenger to enter the courtroom.

Prince Magnus sent word to his father regarding the Irish matter.

"Dear Father,

I received word from Ireland.
    High King Brian himself assured me that they have no bad will and are in favour of prolonged trade and peace with the Noregveldi.
    In order to show good faith, they will renew the tribute treaty for 5 turns.

I sure hope this will convince you that the Irish are not our ennemies and that both our kingdoms can profit from trade and extra gold.
    Awaiting your reply,

Your son,

Magnus."

BARONS next: http://www.mediafire.com/file/skw5he...C_Barons_7.sav

Happy new year everyone!
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Simon de Montfort , observed the discussion within his manorhouse regarding the new information from the Scottish border. The current peace between Scotland and the Norwegian's had created some caution particularly from the borderlords , who always had problems with Scottish raiding. To some of the Scottish clans , raiding and taking the lifestock of the English settlers , on the border , was a test of courage , if not a sport. It was in this vein , that some of the sheriffs of the northern countries had setup patrols managing the borderlands, to deter such raids. One such patrol had spotted a rather large Scottish army , trying to hide within the trees , but ultimately failing, as some of the Scottish levies , had setup large campfires which had been spotted from some of the high hills on the border. A English spy had been sent in for a closer look, and hiding behind a old Yew tree , inside the Scottish border, had taken notes to the large armies composition , to report back to parliament.

Simon de Montfort , was not phased by such reports , and he asked a "request" [rather an order ] to have the Scottish diplomate who wandered the lands, of the northern shires , around York , to come to York and answer to the Northern Shires Parliament , to explain the proximity of such a massive army , which appears to be trying to be hiding in the forest , close to the border?

Another message was sent to England , to finally tell them of the success of the ending of the siege of Norwich , it was unfortunate that there [Parliaments] messenger had been delayed in the "fens" ,which was the half-marshlands of eastern England, which similar to Holland , had various periods of flooding due to its low-lieing area. Being such a area , with various marshlands , it was always hard to traverse and that had delayed the news of the peace ,to that cut-off army group. Once they had received the news , that peace had broken out, the heavily armoured foot withdrew to the coastline , to board a prepared vessel which took them home...

[The Fenlands ]

Various other messages were sent to the king , where one such note , was of known "murderer" for hire , who had been known to be in the King's pay , had been spotted , southwest of York. It was requested that he should be withdrawn to the kings own estates to the south , for there might be some in the north, who would wish him harm , and the parliament couldn't "guarantee" his safety , if he remained in the north.

turn to England

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf6rp1bjbe...and_8.sav?dl=0

sources : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fens
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 01, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Major changes were occuring in the British Isles. New alliances were being formed, and the union of the North and South was complete.
    This, however, did not sit well with the monarch. Many clouded ambitions were being nurtured in this times of relative peace.

KING HENRY:
    How is this possible?!
    Wales allies with Ireland!
    Norway allies with Scotland!

Send immediate messages to our supposed friends and inquire them of this actions!
    Such unions are against our own sovereignty and authority. Danger lurks in this moments.
    Send immediate word to the Northern Shires, for war against our neighbours might be a reality.

Prince Edward
    We must secure a better friendship with the north. For it seems that our neighbours resent our union.
    Ready our hosts and prepare our engines of war. Hopefully it wont get that far, but we never know.
    We must inquire Llywelyn of his moves. He doesn't seem trustworthy as we originally tought.

Moreover, several agent movements have been spotted by the English authorities from Welsh agents.
    His Hugh de Vere, the Chancellor of the realm immediatly send a decree to remove this unwanted guests.

HERE'S NEXT TURN: IRELAND

Last edited by The Wise Coffin; January 02, 2018 at 08:00 AM.

Peace continues throughout the Isles for the moment.. but word has reached the high council that our alliance with Wales has angered the English which is answered with a uproar in the throne room, the High King stands and the hall falls silent "Prepare the men in preparations to aid our Welsh ally if war does erupt". Men retreat from the throne room to raise the country for the coming storm while High King Brian personally writes a letter to his dear friend the Welsh King to assure him that we will stand with to the end.

Wales up - https://www.mediafire.com/file/aoeyy...OC_Wales_8.sav

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Chronicles of the Welsh Revolution, Volume 3, Chapter 1
    I step foot back on Wales for but a single day, and I hear of aggression from angry (thankfully local) soldiers! From what I heard, the English were planning to invade in a fortnight, and their plan was to stop it. I can only hope that was a work of crazed minds. Thankfully, I heard a much more rational story when I was able to speak with a more sane officer. Apparently, the English want the alliance with Wales broken. The alliance I sealed in ink. It is up to Llywelyn, of course, but if I know him, I can say but one thing - that will not happen. Level headed as he may be, I can only imagine the look on his lordship's face upon hearing this. Dafydd must be rolling in joy at this provocation. I fear of another war, a much more brutal one. It seems to be looming closer than I thought. Hopefully, peace can be maintained for a short while. I'd advise his lordship against sending an immediate reply, but knowing him, the letter is probably on its way to the English court even as I write these words. I will have the... questionable pleasure of witnissing events first hand from now on.

King Llywelyn's anger is not what you would expect. He does not erupt in fury, as perhaps his brother might. He does not even raise his voice. Instead, he sits at his old wooden desk in his Montgomery home, takes up the pen... and writes.
    He has released the contents of his letter to the public in the interests of total transparency about his position, and the people are both angered by the news of England's next outrageous demand, and pleased by their King's response. Unity is high, though effective manpower is low as of late. Still, men from Caernarvon, Pembroke and Montgomery, including Dafydd's knights, have met in the middle of Wales. While there is no official talk of war, it seems that the Welsh people are very displeased. Official statements regarding marriage proposals and trade have been neglected as a result of these recent events.

An additional letter has been sent to Ireland, assuring King Brian that there is not even a faint chance of breaking the alliance. Dafydd has sent his own letter to the Northern Shires, asking in somewhat rude terms for them to bring King Henry to his senses.

Onto the Scots,
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Scotland_8.sav
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

The Northern Shires of England have sent their demands as to why we have a large force in the forest. King Alexander wishes to keep peace but his adoptive son and heir Prince Patrick demands we take the fight to them, avenge our lost soldiers from the previous years that were slaughtered with no repercussions or remorse for their actions. They get into a heated argument

The result is a rift between Prince Patrick and King Alexander. The King says "You care so much of fighting the people's in the south, i will send you to defend the fort at the river crossing. This way if they do come you can be the first to fight since you are so eager! My unborn son will be the true heir to Scotland! Not you!"

Prince Patrick has fallen out as the King's favorite. The King tasks Dougall Brechyne with commanding the forces that patrol our southern borders. In regards to responding to the Baron's demand of intent, he tells his representative in their lands to inform them that our people patrol for defensive purposes. We can disperse our troops quickly and easier to anywhere in our Kingdom from this wooded location. Now that your men know our spot we may have to find a new camp, but will continue with the same strategy and tactics.

As a last order, King Alexander wishes to test his new navy's capabilities and orders they set sail and hunt down the pirates that have been raiding trade ships along the coasts. When they return in record time with little damage and a successful mission he promotes the fleet Captain Aidan to Admiral. Now hopefully he can get back to trying to have his heir.........

Norway up ! http://www.mediafire.com/file/t22d9n...C_Norway_8.sav

King Haakon IV:

Is this a threat? That's not a way to talk to the King of the Noregveldi let alone a friend...
    Let my scribe send a message to King Henry III.
    I am tired of playing politics. In the old ways we talked with our axes and spears and we were feared everywhere our ships were spotted...

Speaking of ships Sire, admiral Emund and his Dragon fleet have arrived and are ready.
    The High Admiral is loyal to Prince Magnus but our friend here managed to convince him to make the voyage North or else...

...or else I pay his family a visit...

King Haakon: Very good.
    Now send word to my son Magnus. Tell him to prepare his troops to assist the English in case the Irish land in Wales to join the war, should it happen.

And what about his message regarding the treaty with Ireland?

King Haakon: I have already sent him a messenger about that. He's on his way to him as we speak.

Current Hotseat:

by the way everyone this hotseat is allot of fun and i feel like we are just getting started!

I agree, we have a nice flow now and the players are really making good efforts at role playing.

Current Hotseat:

Simon de Montfort held tightly to the side of the "skiff" [or "wherry" later derived to "ferry"] as the mariner sat at the back of the boat , using his single scull to oar there ways up the River Ouse into York. The Skiff was one of the many items the danes had given over to the native inhabitants after there conquest of York and the surrounding lands during the Danelaw with there origins of the viking boat building . [The method of over-lapping timber planking known as clinker construction and many of the terms, used for parts of the skiff are of Scandinavian origin – "tholes", "thwarts", and "sax". ]

The boat glid over the water , sliding past the now slowly awakening city , in the early hours of the day. Parliament had been called to receive the scottish diplomate , who had arrived the night before to answer questions about there army to the north, and all the local nobles had been called to hear out his words. People within the city began to already started work , and the clammer of voices rangout clearly over the water , highlighting the peoples of York, conversing before the starting of the days work, passing on the news and current affairs . As the light of the sun began to lighten most of the outlieing City , Simon began to muse on what his teachers had told him of this fair city and its incredible ancient history.

------------------------------------------------

York itself , was perhaps one of the most important settlements in England , and definitely the most important in the north of England. It had been formed when the romans had fought the original owners of the lands who were called the Brigantes. These peoples were originally friendly to the Romans acting as a client state , but things soon turned hostile and the romans sent in the Ninth Legion to cross the Humber River and sort out these barbarians . The city of Yorks origins date from this time , in 71AD when finally they had conquered the Brigantes [pushing them north] and constructed a wooden military fortress on flat ground above the River Ouse close to its confluence with the River Foss. The fortress, whose walls were rebuilt in stone by the VI legion , covered an area of 50 acres and was inhabited by 6,000 legionary soldiers .
    The romans first addressed this fortress of Vindolanda in Northumberland, in letters but the area was later called in latin as "Eboracum" derived from the Brythonic word "Eborakon", a combination of eburos "yew-tree" or meaning either "place of the yew trees".

The site was close to rivers which was a traditional position for roman fort building, as it provided both defence and a precious water supply , and soon a town grew around the protection of the Garrison. The town grew and many a Roman Emperor , [Emperor Constantine the Great ,Hadrian, Septimius Severus and Constantius I] had all held court there , and the town soon expanded to a incredible City with the original roman fort , being built over to make the foundations of York church , which became a prominent place of worship , with a bishop to conduct worship.

As the Romans Empire collapsed [as all empires do] so did the fortune and wealth of the City , the population soon thinned and the town was taken over by the Angles[saxons] in the 5th century. The Town received a brief revival in the 7th century under King Edwin of Northumbria, and York became his chief city and soon he and further rulers , modified and bettered the church at the centre of the town , making it one of the prominent places of worship. In the following century, Alcuin of York came to the cathedral school of York. He had a long career as a teacher and scholar, first at the school at York now known as St Peter's School, founded in 627 AD, and later as Charlemagne's leading advisor on ecclesiastical and educational affairs.

But Fate had not played its last card on the growing City , as the dark ages descended ,Vikings raided and captured York. When the Danish army conquered the city in 866, its name became "Jórvík"[To the saxons, it sounded as a 'home rich in boar'. As is common in Saxon place names, the -um part gradually faded;and so the Saxons called it "eoforic", therefore the conversion by the danes.] , and this is why later it derived the name of "York" over time , but under Viking rule the city became a major river port, part of the extensive Viking trading routes throughout northern Europe. The last ruler of an independent York, Eric Bloodaxe, was driven from the city in 954 AD by King Eadred in his successful attempt to complete the unification of England.

Now , we had finally reached the most recent history where In 1068, two years after the Norman conquest of England, the people of York rebelled. Initially the rebellion was successful but upon the arrival of William the Conqueror the rebellion was put down. William at once built a wooden fortress on a motte. In 1069, after another rebellion, William built another timbered castle across the River Ouse. These were destroyed in 1069 and rebuilt by William about the time of his ravaging Northumbria in what is called the "Harrying of the North" where he destroyed everything from York to Durham. The remains of the rebuilt castles, now in stone, are visible on either side of the River Ouse.

The first stone minster church was badly damaged by fire in the uprising, and the Normans built a minster on a new site. Around the year 1080 Archbishop Thomas started building the cathedral that in time became the current Minster. In the 12th century York started to prosper. In 1190, York Castle was the site of an infamous massacre of its Jewish inhabitants, in which at least 150 Jews died (although some authorities put the figure as high as 500).

-------------------------------

A nearby young boy threw a stone into the river , counting the number of times the rock , skipped on the water , and the sudden noises , woke Simon from his daze , as he gathered his thoughts. They where nearing the near bank close to the place, he wished to disembark, into the City which was now humming with life . The boatman slowly altered his oar and direction , the skiff gliding in the water to the side of the bank ,the small watercraft hitting the edge with a slight bump , and the Earl gathered his belongings. The scruffy unshaven boatman, in his poor clothes held out his hand for his payment , and the Earl , placed a few coins in his palm . Seeing that the Earl , had given him more than the prescribed fee , the boatman pocketed the money , bowing in respect to the noble lord, before setting his rivercraft adrift to return back to his station. Earl Simon did not begrudge giving the boatman more than his due , as the rivermen were a vital service in the land and had formed a guild , licences were now required for sailing on the Thames , which had been commissioned by King Richard back in 1197, but they hoped to expand the control of the vital travel routes throughout the land , so wisdom called for keeping such a guild on his side.

[pic:Old Ouse Bridge and St. William's Chapel ]

The bank was flat and Simon moved down easily down its side observing the new "Old Ouse bridge" which was near and had some famous history to its name ,the original Roman bridge over the Ouse had been eventually replaced by a wooden bridge, built further downstream by the Vikings. A previous Archbishop of York [William of York] had made some ecclesiastical reforms, and became popular with the people of York, but he had done these reforms without permission of the Pope , and so he travelled to Rome to get papal agreement. Bernard of Clairvaux, [the famous Cistercian abbot and religious leader] , had exerted all his influence to ensure William's suspension, which was dully given and he[William] was suspended and another Dean of York was appointed. William stayed with his friend, Roger II, King of Sicily [It's good to have friends in high-places ] , whilst some of the people of York rioted, damaging the Fountains Abbey and destroyed many of the buildings. But the pope was adamant there should be a new archbishop and set about conducting new elections whilst William returned to York. King Stephen rejected the popes/elected choice appointment of Murdac, and prevented Murdac from taking up residence in York.

Stephen probably wished to trade recognition of Murdac for support for his son Eustace, to get approval for his coronation to appoint him successor during his own lifetime, so he could defeat the rival claims to the throne of Henry of Anjou. Within a few years, however, both Murdac and the pope had died, so William travelled to Rome [again] to plead with the new pope, Anastasius IV, for restoration to his office. The pope concurred, and William's reappointment was confirmed on 20 December 1153.

But in 1154, the Old Ouse bridge collapsed under the weight of a crowd which had gathered to greet St William of York on his return from exile. It was replaced by a stone bridge{In 1367 the first public toilets in Yorkshire, and likely England, were opened on the bridge} which still had St. William's Chapel nearby.

But there was not a good end to this tale , as however, after less than a month back in York, William died, on 8 June 1154, allegedly due to poison administered in the chalice at Mass. One of William's clerks accused Osbert de Bayeux, an archdeacon of York, of the murder, and Osbert was summoned before the king to be tried at the royal court. Before the trial could take place, however, Stephen died, and the trial never took place.

But I meander in my tale , that was happening , as Simon had made a poor turn of direction , and had to pass through a street, where various carcass's of meat, were held on hooks, throughout the street. The butchers occupied the whole length of the street ,and began to carve the joints in preparation of the days trading, others were pulling the guts, offal and blood out, which fell into the cobbed streets without care. Simon moved quickly and carefully through this carnage, unphased by the horrors none should see ,as he navigated that famous street, which he later learned was called the "The Shambles" as he sort to keep his clothes free of detritus [ It was once known as The Great Flesh Shambles, probably from the Anglo-Saxon Fleshammels (literally 'flesh-shelves') & was an open-air slaughterhouse and meat market. Streets of that name were so called from having been the sites on which butchers killed and dressed animals for consumption]

Some after some careful adjustments he moved at a easier pace , and he began to collect his own thoughts for addressing the parliament. He had received a messange from one of the spies , the parliament retained , that a small bandit force had occupied Inglewood Forest [so called because of its meaning of the "Wood of the English or Angles"[Yngil], I think most of the woods were connected in those days running down the centre of the country]. He remembered back to the legends and recalled that wood was once thought to have contained the legend of the Robin-Hood, which even he, had of heard of in fair France and began to recite, some of its words, to remind him of the task at hand.

"Lytil Jhon and Robyne Hude
    Wayth-men ware commendyd gude
    In Yngil-wode and Barnysdale
    Thai oysyd all this tyme thare trawale."

----------------------------------

He soon arrived at the Parliament building and took to his place as the scottish delegate was given a prominent place in the proceedings to plead his case [see scottish RP turn -before].

After the Scottish diplomate had given his statement he bowed and left , and the lords of the north began to discuss matters of state.

Lord Aston of Carlisle spoke first , and well known as a generous and gentle lord , from his estates on the west coast.

"My Lords... Have we not already seen our fullness of war , that we should again seek it out to the north? ......{pauses} This scottish diplomate speaks well enough of the situation , can we not keep this uneasy peace?"

There was great mummur from the essembled lords, and the tall , heavy set lord,Godwine Herbert of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne ,address the chair.

"Pfah ! , I for one , did not think , the scots have learned there many lessions from the english! Do they not still, raid our estates and take our cattle? Let us have done with these Scottish louts in the north and ask the King for help. I myself, think the job half-finished!" , there was a slight approval from the throats of the barons, as many approved of the stout barons approach, but Arthur of the house of Lancaster rose to speak next, and such was his families position, that the halls quieted to hear his voice.

"Let us, not be too keen , to wet our blades ! For doth not history teach us , that he who starts war, finds that they do lose control of it!" , The proudman turned and pointed at a few of the more rowdy barons who clambered for war with the scots.

"The cost of war is both deep and painful , and those, whose land's were untounched from the hand of war , had not been burdened by its costs,......... unlike my people who bour the burden of it! I like any Englishman, will again do my part, if it is required, but let us not walk blindly into war, without responsability of action?"

He sat down on the benches , and there was a slight clapping of approval for the wiser barons words, but again the parliament halls became hushed, as Simon rose to speak and all were eager to hear his words.

"My Lords of the House.Some speak for war , others for peace and both are things, that the Houses of the North can provide. The King has written me a letter, explaining his mind to me and he does not yet entreat us to conflict........... yet! But equally our neighbours both in the North and the west have gathered great forces on our borders..."

Simon paused for effect , to let his words sink in to the barons before continuing...

"But we are comforted by the words of the scottish emissary {he pointed to where the scottish diplomate had departed} ,but equally his council doth show that our neighbours are not in full control of there subjects and therefore there is dire need for arms. I have also received reports of banditry in Inglewood Forest , which interfere's with our trade to the north, which also must be dealt with by force of arms.", he again , paused to read the reactions of the lords , sitting in the house and then continued...

"Thus I present to the house, a Bill to form a Second Army of the North ! We however, do not build such a army for use in a attack on our neighbours, but solely for the defence of our homeland!. Such a force is to be kept , until such time as our neighbours have less troops on our borders , and then such a force could be disbanded! I Call upon the house to vote us, the monies and supplies possible ,to build such a army at the shortest possible time...."

After he had sat down , others lords added there voices to his request and the discussions continued. ,Many of the barons erupted in a fierce argument, as many where loath to give there monies to recruit more levies, which would equally have to be maintened. The arguments of the house went long into the day, and others had noted that Simon had to retire , as he was summoned to address the Archbishop of York , who was eager to give his council in the matters of State.

[For Admin:-]
    [The commons will vote [for next turn] a Bill to provide monies to build a 2nd Army Group for the defence of the Northern Shires [The vote will be table 2...with a +2 modifier as the king has promised aid[if we need it] but the results will be rolled by admin on a d10/10 digit random number, where the results will be as follows:-,
    [1-4] no monies are passed, so no army is formed ,
    [5-8] the commons are uncertain about the requirement for more troops, some monies are passed and a half-strenght army group can be funded ,
    [9+] the commons give as much monies as required, a 2nd fully formed army group will be assembled]

Turn to the English :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8mvymu8ssz6mq9/TIOC_England_9.sav?dl=0

sources:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_of_York
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shambles
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglewood_Forest
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterman_(occupation) - It needs to be copied and a "_" added between Waterman and (occupation) for correct link.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_skiff
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 03, 2018 at 07:07 PM.

I love all the effort and dedication you put into this, Paladinbob.

Cheers.

Current Hotseat:

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

A Scottish representative appeared in English lands to appease the rumors that were being spread about an attack in the Northern Shires by Scottish and Norwish raiders. Moreover the diplomat offered trade rights and map information; along with some coin to easy the process. Satisfied with the delegation from scotland, the Parlament of the South agreed along with the King with the terms. So appeasing the minds of the army and the people.

Altough the situation of the north had been silenced, an issue was growing in Wales with their position of allying with Ireland. Such a target that the King himself proclaims that eventually will reclaim it's lost provinces. Wales knew such a deal and yet allied with Brian. Only a fool would not know that it would create a high reaction in the Northern and Soutern parlamients of the court. Yet, many nobles do not wish to restart a war with Wales, so the High Chancellor, Hugh de Vere sended a message to the court of King Llywelyn.

HUGH DE VERE:
    As your highness know a huge grudge exist between Henry and Brian.
    You, that we shown mercy upon and allowed freedom and autonomy, now ally with an enemy of England.
    Minor messages were sent about negotiations of a non agression pact, so that in the future if a conflict goes against
    the forces of the Lordships of Ireland, you can mantain your realm in a neutral state of affairs.
    Yet you showed disregard for our honest requests. Let it be know that with that occurs we have to take actions
    for any type of attack that you envision upon english land. Even if that means total war upon your lands and people!

Many months have passed since the High King gave the order for his men to mobilise for the storm will soon sweep across the Isles sparing none. Long has the King feared war would erupt again on the Isles but he hasn't been idle quite the opposite. High King Brian ordered his son the Prince to build a mighty fleet in secrecy and is now complete! The Prince has deployed the fleet in the Irish Sea to repel any would-be Invaders to Ireland and Wales. While he assembles the mighty cavalierly army of nobles, knights and squires. Now that all is ready if war does break out, High King Brian retreats to his chambers and writes several letters including one to Noregveldi, England and our noble ally Wales.

Wales up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/6uz3ub...OC_Wales_9.sav

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The southerners of Wales are most notably alarmed at the vast English camps sighted on the southern border. Maredudd has authorized the recruitment of levies and hardy Welsh defenders, while Maelgwn of Cydweli has taken control of a respectable host that desires to counter this aggression. Llywelyn's official comment is simple - the troop deployment is threatening, and if it persists across a few more turns, it will be taken as an active threat against Wales. In the midst of all this, Dafydd officially travels to Southern Ireland, and has left his castle in Rhodri's capable hands.

Onto the Scots,
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Scotland_9.sav

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

This flow though and out of respect for pb com you need to fix the thread to where he is the baron player and not me and while your doing this I suggest you do anything else out of date.
    Study Strategy Over The Years And Achieve The Spirit Of A Warrior. Today Is Victory Over Yourself Of Yesterday; Tomorrow Is Victory Over Lesser Men.- Miyamoto Musashi

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Aye, haven't checked up on it too recently.

There we go, the OP actually stands as accurate for 2018.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; January 04, 2018 at 06:11 PM.