Thread: Skaven VS Lizardmen Help

Icon5 Skaven VS Lizardmen Help

I'm pretty far into my first campaign (around turn 75 or so), playing as Clan Mors. I've been doing pretty well so far, but I can't seem to get an edge on the damn Lizardmen. Even when I outnumber them 2-1, I can barely beat them. From what I've read so far, the standard tactic to apply in this case is to simply spam cheap units like Clanrats in order to overwhelm the Lizardmen with sheer numbers. However, I would prefer a more "tactical" solution, as this seems sort of gamey and lame. Any ideas?

Default Re: Skaven VS Lizardmen Help

Lizards die pretty fast to Stormvermin Halberdiers and Poison Globadiers. Plagueclaws do lots of damage to slower Lizardmen as well as Gutter runners can take out almost any Lizardmen units. Clanrats are usually mentioned so often because early on vs Krok-Gar that is the main unit you'll have and it does work even on higher difficulty levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Lizards die pretty fast to Stormvermin Halberdiers and Poison Globadiers. Plagueclaws do lots of damage to slower Lizardmen as well as Gutter runners can take out almost any Lizardmen units. Clanrats are usually mentioned so often because early on vs Krok-Gar that is the main unit you'll have and it does work even on higher difficulty levels.
    Thanks. I currently don't have the facilities to recruit Globadiers, but all of the other units you recommended do seem to be helping. I've also found that Rat Ogres can more than hold their own against the Lizardmen (then again, Rat Ogres can pretty much hold their own against anything​.)

Rat Ogres are ok- they can hold against most Lizardmen but Cold Ones and Caurnosaurs be careful with. Cold Ones that are anti-large kill Rat Ogres real quick. I also tend to try and use units which are useful vs more than 1 enemy and I've had issues using Rat Ogres vs High Elves and Dark Elves... have to wait so long for their ranged to be focused elsewhere they feel absent 1/3 of the battle.

Stormvermin Halbadiers are definitely the easiest to use- the first time Lizardmen summoned the all Dinosaur army via rite I only had Stormvermin Halberdiers and Night Runners but they handled it surprisingly easily. Also Rat Ogres are the 3rd favorite target of autoresolve after slaves and doomwheels... late campaign I get lazier and autoresolve more battles and find it hard to keep certain units alive.