Thread: How do I make peace?

Default How do I make peace?

So what are the conditions to make peace with another faction?
    I notice sometimes they will just offer it to me but I want to know what the triggers are. As high elves I tried attacking Saphery for just 1 province but I don't want to conquer the rest of them. But they won't accept peace, even when I conquer them to their last city and just keep sacking that city over and over. They still don't want peace.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How do I make peace?

Some factions may have diplomatic penalties between them so you'll need to bribe a lot (which is not worth it).

For major factions, I think depending on their ritual stages are no longer able to initiate any diplomacy.

I usually will destroy all settlements except 1 and all field armies, and then just let them to fate if they dont want to accept peace.

I usually only accept peace if they also accept trade.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Some factions may have diplomatic penalties between them so you'll need to bribe a lot (which is not worth it)

I usually only accept peace if they also accept trade.
    Ya, that's the issue I'm having. I want to build my lothern trade empire but it just doesn't seem possible.
    I got the mod that lets you liberate a faction if it died and it becomes your ally. Really useful for cities I don't wan to bother holding that are in bad climates and don't have a resource. AND it gives me a potential trade partner.

Most of the major race factions will not accept peace even before much ritual progress is made but often the peace offer has to come from the AI. I've had situation where I offered the AI 20,000 for peace the turn before and been denied then during its turn the AI offers me 4000 for peace.

Otherwise peace is almost entirely about relative power- if you have lower or similar relative power as the AI it will not accept peace unless it is on the other side of the map and in several wars. If your relative power is higher than the AI the higher it goes the better than chance of a peace deal barring specific things like High Elves hating Dark Elves, a faction being a vassal of another faction, or ritual progress preventing diplomacy.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by The Peacemaker View Post
    Ya, that's the issue I'm having. I want to build my lothern trade empire but it just doesn't seem possible.
    I got the mod that lets you liberate a faction if it died and it becomes your ally. Really useful for cities I don't wan to bother holding that are in bad climates and don't have a resource. AND it gives me a potential trade partner.
    I havent play any HE factions yet but I guess it depends on which you start. The one that start in Ulthan should be easy to get trades as you'll have same cultural factions all nearby.

Playing DE, LM and now Skaven, I dont rely much on trade though I acveoted which ever trade offers in the beginning just to get things going.

After Queek is done, I'll start with the HE one in Lustria and see if I can buikd a trade empire from there.

Problem is, even if HE can have good relation earlier with Lizardmen, there will be a time when you'll be in inevitable war due to Vortex. Playing LM earlier, I disnt send any intervention force when Ulthuan started their rites because I want to keep the trade going.

I hope, at least for HE, sending intervention force will not automatically declare war if you use the intrigue currency (is that already a thing?). Or maybe give 50-50 chance your act of 'betrayal' being discovered.

In my campaigns, I usually start sending intervention forces only by the 4th or 5th ritual because by that time I usually have spare money and I most if the time already at war with the said factions.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I played HE on Ulthuan and have good relations with Lizardmen from fighting Naggarond- the first 2-3 rituals the Lizardmen kept peace but on the 4th declared war which also meant war with the Last Defenders in Southlands which controlled half that continent. So I think the AI will always declare war if you progress far enough in the rituals but you can delay the 3rd and later for a bit to prolong trade.

Also Teclis has 4 'natural' strong trading partners in the south- Dwarfs, Dawn/Dusk Elves, Tor Elasor. Then can usually use influence and get at least 1 Lizardmen to trade as well- usually Itza or Xenhotec as they will compete with Hexotl and slow their ritual progression down. Tyrion has to spend more influence to get trade going but is in a richer starting position with richer trading partners. Teclis in fighting Lizardmen and Skaven usually gets good relations with some factions without spending influence though those factions aren't as rich as those Tyrion on Ulthuan eventually can gain.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

"illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP