Thread: Lord Perhaps's Realistic Army Build

Lord Somewhere Out In Space's Avatar Civis
    Lost in the wide savage country of the Franks.

Icon10 Lord Perhaps's Realistic Army Build

/!\ NOT COMPATIBLE YET WITH MORTAL EMPIRES UPDATE /!\

Tired of elite full stacks ?

I heard many complains like that :
    No I can't believe there was a full stack of tier 4/5 MUUUUH DINOSAURS rampaging all allong my lovely skaven town, killing rats plundering rats ***** rats *sob* N00B GAME NO MORE.
    Well, I understand that feeling.

What does my mod do ? It adds a campaign recruitment cap for elite units. Both player and AI are concerned, for all New and Old World factions. Once you activate the mod, you'll only have access to ONE Black Dragon during the campaign with the Dark Elves. Only 2 Swordmasters of Hoeth as the High Elves. And so on. Lords are not concerned, as well as heroes (who are already limited by buildings). Of course, Chaos and Norscan invasions aren't affected, because it's their purpose to be stupidly powerfull as the campaign goes forth ! I didn't change anything for multiplayer btw.

I have also worked on factions to make them feel more unique. For example, Elves are few and are almost elite warriors regarding to other faction. So the most part of their roster is restricted to recruitment. In an opposite way, Skavens, who are many-many, will have a more comfortable pool of elite warriors to recruit (by the way they NEED more elite units for balance). Dwarves are such great engineers that some basic artillery pieces aren't restricted at all. And Greenskins have such various units coming from different species that all the factions don't have the same restrictions.

Suscribe on Steam here : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1166912176

How exactly does it work ? Go in data/db/main_units_tables, and check for campaign_cap. Change the values as it pleases you for each unit, lord or hero in the game.

What's going on next ? 1 - Sooooo, first of all, I'll make the same for Warhammer I.
    2- When the Mortal Empires campaign will become available, I'll sure have to bring adjustements.
    3- When Radious will edit new units, I'll take the time to make a rebalanced version with the cool new stuff.
    4- When new Regiments of Renown will arrive in the game, unbalancing all the work I've done, I'll sure rework it.

Besides that, I'll still be looking for new mechanics. One I'm amazed about but have currently no idea how to achieve is only allowing elite recruitment to high level Lords on campaign. After all, who would give the most precious units of his faction to a level 1 unexperimented Lord ? Also, Regiments of Renown units have special features I really would like to apply to other units. More of my WIP ideas can be checked out here !

Why is it called 'Lord Perhaps's' ? Well, it's one of my many stupid accounts names, and that's mine on Steam.

COMPATIBILITY
    : Edits the data/db/main_units_tables, so try it better with graphical or UI mods. Also, language pack are compatible, as my mod does change anything to text or audio stuff. Later, will be Radious-compatible.

Give it a try if you want another dinosaur extermination and comment below .
    Last edited by Lord Somewhere Out In Space; October 26, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

Default Re: Lord Perhaps's Realistic Army Build

Interesting.. There may be some problems with this mod however:
    1) The AI is already disapointling stupid and as such will almost always bring armies made out of crap. I'm using the Better Aggresive AI mod (CAI) to make them more potent. If you limit their recruitment options even more they'll be a total walkover.
    2) As the Lizardmen you have the chance to perform the Rite of Primeval Glory (I think) which spawns you an army of 1 Feral Carnosaur, 5-7 Feral Stegodons ad 3 Bastilidons. If I'll use your mod will I still be able to get this rite performed (it has other bonuses to it)?

Lord Somewhere Out In Space's Avatar Civis
    Lost in the wide savage country of the Franks.

Default Re: Lord Perhaps's Realistic Army Build

1) AI will always be stupid facing an experimented Total War player. But yet you'll have a more lorefriendly stupid AI. <br>2) Spawning armies have not the same limitations than regular armies :<br>- Norscan &amp; Chaos invasion aren't limited, so that they will still be a threat in late game<br>- Aventurers armies aren't limited, because their strange composition is why we love them<br>- Intervention armies are limited as regular armies<br>- Your Lizardmen Rite won't crash or anything, but if you reach or go over an unit cap, you won't be able to recruit more of the limited unit. Blessed units aren't concerned anyway, it's all bonus