Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Default Re: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    You can upload it here on the Forums. With any host you find likeable.
    cool! LIke I said, I just gotta find a happy medium. I like coming across factions and cultures as I turtle my way through the campaign but right now, nobody is attacking anybody else. hehe Peace in our time makes for a boring total war

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    cool! LIke I said, I just gotta find a happy medium. I like coming across factions and cultures as I turtle my way through the campaign but right now, nobody is attacking anybody else. hehe Peace in our time makes for a boring total war
    Sure take your time.

Question: If I copy out the lines for this script as the old GrandCampain.LUA seems to me to have completely changed and now let this run as a stand-alone script. Should this then work theoretically?

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sedulus View Post
    Question: If I copy out the lines for this script as the old GrandCampain.LUA seems to me to have completely changed and now let this run as a stand-alone script. Should this then work theoretically?
    External scripts needs to be loaded.
    If you plan to rename ptrust.script you must enable it it in
    Campaigns/mainrome/scriptinglua

-- start of ptrust script
    local ptrust = require "lua_scripts.ptrust";

It is on bottom.

if you are renaming lua.scripts

WRONG THREAD - but it can sty
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; August 13, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@Sedulus: check #189 post inside testudo, and check how I did things for testudo opening a pack, quite simple to understand.
    Otherwise, simply copy and paste PTS sript into DeI's gc_scripts

Think I'll make a revised version with UNOFFCIAL submod compilation, but I have no plans for it yet
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 13, 2018 at 11:27 AM.

@ Jake
    I already copied out the rewriting lines of the mod and saved them again in the script. Or. I have deleted the rest of the outdated LUA script, so that only the code lines of the Peace script are included. Hope it will work that way.

I messed around with this mod, but I couldn't balance it the way I wanted it. If anyone else can take it up, I would be most obliged.

Patrician

How is the way you wanted? Have you begun working on a pack?
    Think this mod is too rigid to have something good, could be merged with de ai arbitris for some things but I don't think it could be an interesting stand alone.

@Jake
    I think that's a good idea. I had already thought of that. Now I went here and forbade all barbarian tribes from taking cities. So only plunder, tear down and free. It was like that in the story, there was no tribe, apart from the Huns, which spread out in large numbers. That would not be administrative. They preferred to subjugate other tribes and expose them and abused them as allies. So I'm curious what is happening now.

Patrician

Testing and watching what happens is a good thing, but my advice is not to merge history with a game, but to produce a better version of the game using history as a guideline.

You may already be right. But I like it a bit historically. I mean, when I see the Elblani grabbing all over Britain, I get a little goosebumps. And that's exactly what I want to avoid if possible.

Patrician

Yeah, that's absolutely fine.

Consider that we should have a new callback --> OccupationDecisionAvailableForFaction(faction_key, occupation_decision) from https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mod-up...f-the-republic
    If I understood properly, since it's a callback, you shouldn't be able to decide what type of occupation a faction should have for a proper region, but you should be able to trigger effects depending on occupation's type.
    Could be that, if a faction occupies a non desired region, you should be able to trigger a rebellion or put big penalties to PO (so rebellions again).
    That would be a smarter move than putting factions at peace.

Anyway this could be done simply checking if a certain faction (or group of factions) owns a certain region, without using that new callback.
    So if an AI factions conquers a region/province that we don't want to be conquered by that AI faction, we could put a high PO malus to let it rebel in some turns.
    That way AI wouldn't be sleepy (at peace with too many people) but will be constantly draw back from local rebels.
    Think this might be a better gameplay solution than claagent's.

This is one of the things I have in mind for improving De Ai Arbitris.
    Making a lighter % occupation decision and put penalties once owned.

That was also one of my thoughts when I tested the mod at that time. Actually, the AI should not continue to spread as a specific region.
    I believe claagent has tried it but somehow it did not want it that way. My idea was that the tribes really spread only where they were also halbewegs. Which would be a maximum of two to three regions. Better only two than three, then it stays a little more colorful on the map.
    So now I've got everything that has to do with occupation at De Ai Arbitris, screwed down a bit until it's completely zeroed. There will still be battles only the spread of the tribes is inhibited just by what is ok for me.
    Unfortunately, I do not know anything about LUA stuff at all. I would like to tinker with Scripts, but there I have two left hands and my English is far from enough.
    However, I do not think that the mod is affected by the innovation, since it is based rather less on scripts, also De Ai Arbitris.
    Last edited by Sedulus; August 17, 2018 at 11:00 AM.

Patrician

Well, as soon as you have something interesting, just upload the pack!

I'll do. Maybe I should start a new game to better estimate that. As then, to a new ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    How is the way you wanted? Have you begun working on a pack?
    Think this mod is too rigid to have something good, could be merged with de ai arbitris for some things but I don't think it could be an interesting stand alone.
    Yeah, the rigidity was the issue. I like coming across smaller factions later int he game, but there wasn't much dynamic movement with the factions. I got it working, sure but a little too slow to my liking.

I agree with you completely regarding it merging with de ai arbitris.

Consider that we should have a new callback --> OccupationDecisionAvailableForFaction(faction_key, occupation_decision) from https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mod-up...f-the-republic
    If I understood properly, since it's a callback, you shouldn't be able to decide what type of occupation a faction should have for a proper region, but you should be able to trigger effects depending on occupation's type.
    Could be that, if a faction occupies a non desired region, you should be able to trigger a rebellion or put big penalties to PO (so rebellions again).

Anyway this could be done simply checking if a certain faction (or group of factions) owns a certain region, without using that new callback.
    So if an AI factions conquers a region/province that we don't want to be conquered by that AI faction, we could put a high PO malus to let it rebel in some turns.
    That way AI wouldn't be sleepy (at peace with too many people) but will be constantly draw back from local rebels.

This is incredibly interesting to me.

Sedulus, do post your work if you can, when you can. What you described is exactly what I am looking for and was unable to produce during my time editing these files.

Yeah, that sounds much better than DE AI Arbitris. I don't like how it works now.

It only works conditionally. I am currently seeing a completely different problem. All factions, whether large or any small tribes that are playable from the beginning, get any goals they have to fulfill. At least, I assume that's the case. And that's where the problem lies, I suppose. As soon as they start fulfilling these goals, they are shuffling the complete map. It does not help to write any scripts or create mods like De AI Arbitris. First and foremost, I think you would have to remove these CA targets, then it could work with De AI Arbitris and the various settings.
    Could I be right in my assumption?

Patrician

Mmmh , don't know about this "fulfilling goals" thing sincerely, never heard of it, nor I don't know if there are some hardcoded scripted limitations for some factions or some situations (besides obvious or known things).
    Think not. Not sure, however.
    Are you talking about some db table/script you've seen or are you assuming that by direct experience?
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; August 18, 2018 at 11:45 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast