Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Default Re: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Couple of questions: Is this compatible with the latest version of DeI (1.2.2c) and if so will it likely stay compatible for a while? And also, how does this effect liberated factions? Sorry if this is covered somewhere, I skimmed through and didn't see this mentioned. Plus, I'm very unfamiliar with how submods interact with the base mod and any issues that can cause.

Looks great btw, very cool idea.

Default Re: [Submod] Peace Treaty Script (Realistic Expansion) *testers appreciated*

Yes, it is fully compatible with both the DeI for the stable release (1.2.2b) and the DeI for the beta (1.2.2c), or any of the DeI versions I am aware of, and is expected to remain so. You get trouble with compatibility if a mod for example has to include a bunch of unit tables which change between DeI versions. Then if DeI updates, the tables in the submod are no longer the same as the ones in the changed DeI. But this submod only contains one file, grand_campaign.lua, and that file is the same in all DeI versions I know of, and hasn't been changed since almost a year ago. Even if they change it, it would not cause issues, but seamlessly overwrite the changes. You can run this submod with any other submods, as no other submods I know of contain the grand_campaign.lua, and it does not matter what order they are loaded in, as long as all are loaded before the main DeI packs.

Most liberated factions are not included in the peace treaties, so they can be at war with everyone. Which means they pretty much behave as normal. A few of them get special rules in the autoresolver bonuses, but most default to a region limit of around 1, meaning they don't get very big.

Thanks man, looking forward to trying this out.

In my case, you can see that it works very nicely, at least until turn 110, which is how far I tested. Factions have two regions each, except the ones who are supposed to have more, such as the Ardiei and Aedui, and the big empires of course. And small factions that are supposed to be small, stay small.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I do want it to be a bit more flexible than that though. The problem is that the current region limit system does not distinguish "may have" from "should have", so as soon as I allow a faction to have x regions it will immediately conquer that many in a predictable fashion. As I mentioned, it would probably be way easier to just use cai management to tell the AI to not desire expansion so damn much. So I possibly make a CAI component, if I can manage to understand how that works.

I also want to finish the currently unfinished parts, but I need SaveParser to check the map, and it currently doesn't work with R2 since the patch. The creator said he will update any time soon.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; December 08, 2017 at 04:18 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    In my case, you can see that it works very nicely, at least until turn 110, which is how far I tested. Factions have two regions each, except the ones who are supposed to have more, such as the Ardiei and Aedui, and the big empires of course. And small factions that are supposed to be small, stay small.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I do want it to be a bit more flexible than that though. The problem is that the current region limit system does not distinguish "may have" from "should have", so as soon as I allow a faction to have x regions it will immediately conquer that many in a predictable fashion. As I mentioned, it would probably be way easier to just use cai management to tell the AI to not desire expansion so damn much. So I possibly make a CAI component, if I can manage to understand how that works.

I also want to finish the currently unfinished parts, but I need SaveParser to check the map, and it currently doesn't work with R2 since the patch. The creator said he will update any time soon.
    AFAIK it will be updated soon, indeed. I'm also waiting for this.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

@CIaagent11. i absolutely love this mod. its a little bit hardcoded atm but with some tweaks this could be improved. +rep for your brilliant work on this.
    not sure if this is possible but your the master mind here so i just shoot. the improvements are based to remove the feeling that its to much scripted.

improvements list.
    1: disable the event message for an peace thats been generated with this mod.
    2: make wars a few turns longer. for example when macedonia and the illyrians are at war it would be better if the just have a few battle clashes and then make peace for there economic benefits.
    Last edited by Joysong; December 22, 2017 at 05:26 AM.

Thank you very much. Yes, it is currently very inflexible and hardcoded, which was the only way to get the AI to not overrun each others with DeI's very high CAI aggression. For instance, if I want some one-region faction like pergamum to be there when the romans arrive, but not be huge, I have to script that they win every battle in their home territory but lose every battle outside of it. If I made it any less than 100%, they will eventually lose and get exterminated, because their neighbors are just going to throw army after army at them. I essentially do this for most factions, which leads to a fairly predictable outcome in every campaign. Now that the CAI component lowers AI aggression, I might soften this up somewhat, or figure out a clever system for introducing probability. I dont have time right now, though, as I got real life stuff pressuring me.

As for your ideas, 1. I do not know how to remove event messages at all. If that is possible, I'd be interested to hear how.
    2. That would requitre saving a variable in the save game for which faction-combinations are at war and for how long. There are 180x180 faction combinations, aka. tens of thousands, so the task is impossible at my current level of programming expertise. Also, I dont actually have a way to test whether factions are at war, the command doesnt work. The peace treaties are simply applied regardless of diplomatic stance, and the game doesnt mind that I apply them to factions that already are at peace.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

@claagent11. this script does not work with Data Venia sadly

Laetus

Hello, does this mod work with De AI Arbitriis and Cultural tensions ?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by nackif View Post
    Hello, does this mod work with De AI Arbitriis and Cultural tensions ?
    yes it does. but DAIA makes usurper factions so better just CT

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    yes it does. but DAIA makes usurper factions so better just CT
    Ok thanks for your answer. Is it compatible with the latest version of DeI ?

Quote Originally Posted by nackif View Post
    Ok thanks for your answer. Is it compatible with the latest version of DeI ?
    I believe you'll be ok yes.

Laetus

As always, thanks man

Little Rock's Avatar Foederatus

Hello, not sure if this is correct, or a conflict with my set up. Starting new campaign for Roma with the Peace Treaty Script, I seem to have 46000 in my treasury and both Legio I and II have the same starting armies as if the AI was playing the Romans. When not using the Peace Treaty Script, campaign start reverts back to a treasury of 26000 and both Legio I and II have 4 units each (including general) as in DEI normal campaign start.

Mods installed in this order are: "Peace Treaty Script" "Arcade graphical effects removal" "Cultural Tensio - for DEI" "DEI - Graphics Enhancement Mod" "DEI sub mod - Main building Recruit Expanded" "DEI parts 1-8" "No Battle Map Border" "Wonders of the Ancient World - DEI version" "tyso3_dynamic3"

I really like the concept of this, so thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Rock View Post
    Hello, not sure if this is correct, or a conflict with my set up. Starting new campaign for Roma with the Peace Treaty Script, I seem to have 46000 in my treasury and both Legio I and II have the same starting armies as if the AI was playing the Romans. When not using the Peace Treaty Script, campaign start reverts back to a treasury of 26000 and both Legio I and II have 4 units each (including general) as in DEI normal campaign start.

Mods installed in this order are: "Peace Treaty Script" "Arcade graphical effects removal" "Cultural Tensio - for DEI" "DEI - Graphics Enhancement Mod" "DEI sub mod - Main building Recruit Expanded" "DEI parts 1-8" "No Battle Map Border" "Wonders of the Ancient World - DEI version" "tyso3_dynamic3"

I really like the concept of this, so thank you.
    You could check this by removing any other submod and leave only Treaty Script active. If the issue persists, then it's the specific mod's issue indeed.

Thanks for this! Been wanting a more historical Roman campaign for ages. Going to enjoy seeing all the different cultures as I expand!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Thanks for this! Been wanting a more historical Roman campaign for ages. Going to enjoy seeing all the different cultures as I expand!
    You could also use Cultural and Tensio bundled with De AI Arbitriis. For slower-harder expansion and preservation of different cultures-factions.
    It's a great combination of mods.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 30, 2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Rock View Post
    Yes, the mod adds some money and units for a few factions including the romans. It's for balancing reasons and because I had to restart campaigns *a lot* to test the mod, so I did not want it to be so hard in the beginning. (It's not related to DeI's script that gives the AI romans units depending on difficulty.) It shouldn't matter much, but if you truly dislike it, you can use packfilemanager to open the mod and change the lines. They should be fairly easy to find if you skim through the beginning of the document.

I am not currently active, but I intend to get back to it some time and will look into a data venia version if I get around to it. I assume their mod just overwrites the grand_campaign.lua, and we somehow have to merge the code.
    Thanks for the interest and thanks to the people who responded to questions in this thread while I was away.

Yes, the mod adds some money and units for a few factions including the romans. It's for balancing reasons and because I had to restart campaigns *a lot* to test the mod, so I did not want it to be so hard in the beginning. (It's not related to DeI's script that gives the AI romans units depending on difficulty.) It shouldn't matter much, but if you truly dislike it, you can use packfilemanager to open the mod and change the lines. They should be fairly easy to find if you skim through the beginning of the document.

I am not currently active, but I intend to get back to it some time and will look into a data venia version if I get around to it. I assume their mod just overwrites the grand_campaign.lua, and we somehow have to merge the code.
    Thanks for the interest and thanks to the people who responded to questions in this thread while I was away.
    That would be epic, like the perfect combination: DeI + Data Venia + De AI Arbitris + Cultural Tension + Peace Treaty Script!!!

Thank you so much for your work. Cheers

Get back soon buddy.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast