Thread: Is It Possible To Increase The Campaign Unit Multiplier During A Campaign?

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon4 Is It Possible To Increase The Campaign Unit Multiplier During A Campaign?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ll!&highlight=

I would like the ability to recruit more than 4 units per settlement and I want all the other Factions to have the same ability. What would I edit in THERA's game files to achieve this and would it be compatible with an already saved game?

Default Re: Is It Possible To Increase The Campaign Unit Multiplier During A Campaign?

Does anyone know?

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Default Re: Is It Possible To Increase The Campaign Unit Multiplier During A Campaign?

If you look at EDB, you'll see entries like this at the various levels of walls:

recruitment_slots 1

That increases at each level of wall.

You can increase that number or add a recruitment_slots attribute to other buildings (like barracks) until you get the effect you want. I can't remember if it would take effect on buildings already constructed, but I believe it would work as intended. Give it a shot!

Edit: EDB is export_descr_buildings.txt in your thera data folder.
    Last edited by aduellist; October 16, 2017 at 01:58 AM.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Alright thanks but will this take effect with all AI factions and do you know if this would be saved game compatible?
    Last edited by Bellus88; October 16, 2017 at 10:13 AM.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

It's definitely save compatible. It applies to any building of the given type, regardless of faction unless, of course, the building is faction-specific or only some factions have access to it. That info would be in the EDB entry for the specific building. Example:

wooden_pallisade city requires factions { northern_european, underworld, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }

It's an open question whether the AI will take advantage of it, but I've played other mods that had expanded recruitment where the AI was generating lots of units. Presuming the campaign script is giving the AI enough cash, they should use it. As I said, I don't remember with 100% certainty that the changes will take effect on already constructed buildings, but I believe it will. Easy enough to check. Make the EDB change to the walls, say "recruitment_slots 10", then load your save and see if you've got those slots available in any town or city that has walls.

As always, back up your existing EDB before making your changes.
    Last edited by aduellist; October 16, 2017 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

https://i.imgur.com/iePMb21.jpg

I have this mod installed, AI sub mod, it always has an error. At this point, so deep into my campaign I don't know if this corrupted mod has changed the AI difficulty to make it easier because there is an error, I feel so regretful with my saved games now because of all this, way too late to start over. I don't have the patience to do all this and I don't even know if what I do will work. Don't know exactly which files to go into, I search the "recruitment_slots" in several notepad files within the data folder and can't find anything.

Do you think you can do this for me please? If you want I can give you a 20$ steam card for your troubles, as in download it and edit the files yourself and reupload it on google drive. I will then play it with my saved game.

I simply want all recruitment slots available but I wouldn't want unlimited unit recruitment for each unit because then I would only be tempted to recruit the best units when I like my army to have variety. I want this more slots available for all factions.