Thread: Empty map and future DLC factions?

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Empty map and future DLC factions?

I just played through a Dark Elve and High Elve campaign and lost a Lizardmen campaign and have to conclude that my biggest complaint so far is that the experience felt a little empty. In the sense that things were missing. Similar to when I played Attila total war on release and found the Celts in Briton were generic Germanic tribes that were obviously due to be unlocked with DLC. I would like to ask those of you who are somewhat more familiar with the lore which factions you believe will be made available in the future?

Any Orks such as the "Blue Vipers"? New World Colonies of the Empire? Bretonian Crusaders? Any Vampire factions? And is there potential for something completely new and different like the Wood Elves were for Warhammer 1?

Default Re: Empty map and future DLC factions?

I had the same first impression, but If I think about that we didn't even have Chaos, the main faction in that timeline, on release, it puts that into perspective. WH1 started out with few factions and no RoR, but coming out of 400h of Warhammer I, i really miss stuff. At least the faction campaign mechanics kind of make up for it. Also the map does have a lot of factions. You can't play them, but in my Kroc-Gar run I've encountered Bretonnians, Southern Realms, Dwarves, Vampires/Undead, Beastmen and I believe the Keepers of Oreon were Wood Elves. Not sure about the last one, they were gone fast but the main settlement (Heart of the Jungle) looked like a WE settlement. All those factions are there. You just won't encounter them early in a Dark and High Elf ampaign.

To me the game feels empty in other aspects, just coming from a Rome II DeI campaign. The same dumbed-down sad excuses for siege battles, no naval battles at all (which I suppose is okay in a WH world) and still very simplistic building and province management without so much as a tax slider or god forbid multiple variations on building types. But in that respect it is just like TW1.
    Last edited by Zhokar; October 04, 2017 at 07:42 AM.
    "I'm playing the damn bongos and the world can go to hell."
    - James Dean

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Yeah. Some factions are placeholders for later DLC factions. We know,that next will be Tomb Kings and after that.. well WH1 has 9 factions - 1 preorder, 1 bonus preorder for WH2, 4 basic + 1 free, 2 big DLC. We can expect similar number of content for WH2 and these factions have to operate in context to Vortex campaign map.....So Araby is another nice bet. After that we might see some kind of Mercenary/Expeditions improvement - bringing Tilea/Estalia for Mortal Empire campaign while having expeditions in New World. And I would be on collection of heroes for WH1 factions - like pack 1 Dwarf for Karak Zorn?, 1 Vampire for Vampire Coast, Goblin, Beastmen....Amazons, Pirates are more likely minor and having another Norsca like faction (Mung/Aghol?) is probably no go. I will still bet that the second big DLC will expand vastly Skaven faction with possible mini campaign (CA said the first big DLC will feature 4 LL instead of mini campaign and that is for Tomb Kings)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I know it's a long-shot lore wise but I do hope they squeeze in some Albion type faction. It's not like it would be too hard... all they'd have to do is change around some of the Rome II/Atilla Celt units, include some variation of the giant, fimirs, etc and I'm sure they could add fenbeasts in somehow.
    They could have the Truthsayers as lords...
    Other than that, I don't know enough to comment.

Well honestly I could see tomb kings split into two maybe three separate factions settra for main , neferata , and Arkon the black

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Well next big DLC is probably Tomb Kings and CA said no minicampaign this time but 4 LL at start...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Thats why I held off buying this (well one of the big reasons) because I knew this could be an outcome! Seems I was right.

But if you look at Warhammer 1 the end result with say steelfaith and the extra settlements is a lot more in depth and rewarding than the original vanilla game. The ironic thing is whilst CA continue to see DLC as a viable business plan it could actually start to lose them business.

Am sure am not the only who feels this way and am sure people who were on the fence and got warhammer 2 will be thinking..."never again".

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Thats why I held off buying this (well one of the big reasons) because I knew this could be an outcome! Seems I was right.

But if you look at Warhammer 1 the end result with say steelfaith and the extra settlements is a lot more in depth and rewarding than the original vanilla game. The ironic thing is whilst CA continue to see DLC as a viable business plan it could actually start to lose them business.

Am sure am not the only who feels this way and am sure people who were on the fence and got warhammer 2 will be thinking..."never again".
    This is in part why I did not buy W2 too. Same with W1. I am not impressed by the marketing to begin with. So I was recitent to spend 50 buck on vanilla when each game is released. Knowing the price will double or triple the made it even less attractive.

I rather buy FIFA 18 and two entirely new Franchise titles with the same amount of money.

PS : I did buy FIFA 18 as a pre-order. Now that is a franchise that constantly improves and build up on its previous features.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; October 10, 2017 at 04:40 AM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut and Tea View Post
    I just played through a Dark Elve and High Elve campaign and lost a Lizardmen campaign and have to conclude that my biggest complaint so far is that the experience felt a little empty. In the sense that things were missing. Similar to when I played Attila total war on release and found the Celts in Briton were generic Germanic tribes that were obviously due to be unlocked with DLC. I would like to ask those of you who are somewhat more familiar with the lore which factions you believe will be made available in the future?

Any Orks such as the "Blue Vipers"? New World Colonies of the Empire? Bretonian Crusaders? Any Vampire factions? And is there potential for something completely new and different like the Wood Elves were for Warhammer 1?
    I mean, the only real faction that is actually missing is Tomb Kings in this part of the world. And Tomb Kings are the next DLC for sure. I don't really know what you are talking about to be honest, every faction except updated norsca is in WH2 as AI factions, as well as the roaming mercenary armies ensures there's always a variety of enemies to fight. Much more so than WH1 where you would often be stuck fighting against one or two enemies for most of the campaign.

But yeah there will probable be at least two more factions added. Tomb Kings and perhaps Araby, dogs of war or the vampire coast.