Thread: Has Anyone Else Noticed...?

Default Has Anyone Else Noticed...?

Has anyone else noticed that when you're attacking a city, your units will experience really bad pathfinding?

For example, I had one unit of Corsairs put ladders on the walls so they could take on the enemy. At the same time, we managed to destroy the gates, so I ordered my fifteen Dreadspears into the city.

They ALL tried to go up the ladders! Even when they were standing right in front of a gate.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Has Anyone Else Noticed...?

More of a general discussion than a tactical one (though maybe bad tactics, on the part of the game ). I can remember similar things happening in Medieval 2.

Thread moved from Total War: Warhammer I & II General Discussion > Warhammer Strategy & Tactics.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have never had that happen. units will only go up the walls when I make it.

did you order them to move into the city with ladders in place already? and the gates fell while it is executing that move order? only thing that pops into my head for that scenario to happen.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I have that exoerience if there's units fighting right infront of the gate and you command another unit to attack the enemy behind the open gate.

When they cant get through, they will go to the wall to climb the ladder to get on the other side.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Most irritating siege behaviour for me is routing units at the gate and on the walls who then retreat into your settlement. Then they rally, regroup and charge from behind. Annoying as all hell to have to chase the enmy down in my own settlement after I broke their bloody unit at the gates.