Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] SS All Factions 2

Default Re: [HS] SS All Factions 2

Alright so there is kind of a problem from my perspective here...

I can already make a move that would be very strong against Egypt... However they were subbed.. I do not doubt the skills from Cpt.Norway but subbing always is done less serious so idk how to feel about this.. Straight up not doing it would be very disadvantageous for me(tho ill look very carefully into it as it has obvious downsides)
    Last edited by saleska2; October 24, 2017 at 01:57 PM.

If someone is late and thus subbed/skipped, it's his fault and his faction might suffer. Similarly, a person could lack time, spend only 5 minutes on their turn and thus miss something and get beaten. Would you hold back in that case? IMO it's perfectly fine to fully use the situation to your advantage. And I'm saying it even though I don't wish you well (I don't want any faction to just grow powerful for free).

Skipping and fast-subbing factions is bad (especially if someone is or might be at war) because it makes a hotseat unbalanced and less fun. The solution is that allies should sub (it's their interest, right?) and also we should try to get a new person quickly. If someone didn't even make alliances, it makes his fault even greater.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

To be honest the issue is that one should never sub the first turn. I have said this countless times and every time it happens this same scenario happens. When will people learn to listen
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Wouldnt feel bad about it if it was just cuz someone didnt play his turn without letting us know, but he did say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Greystark111 View Post
    I am going to ask for an extension i just had something happen to me irl and it has gotten bad, i could barely type this out so, so can i have it plz
    Not much he can do about it now eh...

ill post my turn tomorrow tho, probably wont do it as I can play around it and the sub wasnt too bad anyway tbh.

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

I repeat what I said we need to go over who is active and who is not immediately and I agree its the own person's fault for not being up to the task to do their turn if they can't do it its their own fault but of course losing on purpose and not taking care of it is the whole hot seat's fault so yeah.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...XZjbVhteVZ3OFk - Hungary

Due to the turn being overall played really good I went for it anyway, not a mistake one would notice easily anyway lol.

Sadly ill need an extension for pics, the turn took me several hours to do and I have a crazy amount of pics, here being the last half, still have more: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...XFscmE4bFJVeHM

Basicly what I did was defeat multiple armies near Gaza, as Gaza was with a fullstack the armies kept retreating next to Gaza which allowed me to defeat the armies within Gaza several times aswell. Pics will be up tomorrow when sorted out...

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...XZjbVhteVZ3OFk - Hungary

Due to the turn being overall played really good I went for it anyway, not a mistake one would notice easily anyway lol.

Sadly ill need an extension for pics, the turn took me several hours to do and I have a crazy amount of pics, here being the last half, still have more: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...XFscmE4bFJVeHM

Basicly what I did was defeat multiple armies near Gaza, as Gaza was with a fullstack the armies kept retreating next to Gaza which allowed me to defeat the armies within Gaza several times aswell. Pics will be up tomorrow when sorted out...
    ... Played really good yet looses the war turn 1?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    ... Played really good yet looses the war turn 1?
    FYI, Egypt still has 3 fullstacks on my borders while I dont even reach 20 units total anymore. Yeah I got better units but its far from over.

Yeah it puts me in a better position I guess but Egypt still seems heavily favored. Aside from that I feel like Greystark may have made a similair mistake . All recruitment was done well, siege weapons, spies, troops, ships.. Just the poor position of a few units screwed up one stack.
    Last edited by saleska2; October 25, 2017 at 04:06 PM.

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

There is no dishonor in taking the opportunities which are given to you, whether they come via the player or a subber. Admins tend to be experienced players also, so often I find that admins make better moves when subbing than the players would make themselves. Opponents must deal with that regularly, so IMO they shouldn't feel badly about taking advantage when maybe it swings the other way. Obviously, no guarantee that Greystark would have made better moves anyway.

Am I the only one who has problem with seeing this pics? They are too little and I cannot read them

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

I think that pic was just an illustration of what he had to upload, he will probably upload them later

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

I honestly didn't even look at the pics, but no, I can't read them either.

No, I got my free time now, those pics are about half of all the pics I need to sort out and place in the right order, will be on it now, was too much to do last night.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...Ws1YU5idlhmb2s - Pics

Apologies for some of the numbers, due to the extreme amount of times of reloads I made so much pictures its too hard to get em all togheter, I am also missing one odds screen of I believe the 2nd battle in which the odds were 2:1.
    Last edited by saleska2; October 26, 2017 at 03:57 PM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

reminder sent

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    No, I got my free time now, those pics are about half of all the pics I need to sort out and place in the right order, will be on it now, was too much to do last night.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...Ws1YU5idlhmb2s - Pics

Apologies for some of the numbers, due to the extreme amount of times of reloads I made so much pictures its too hard to get em all togheter, I am also missing one odds screen of I believe the 2nd battle in which the odds were 2:1.
    There is 10 pics and on your mini screen is 25. Do we miss anythink important? Naturally I'm asking just from pure curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    There is 10 pics and on your mini screen is 25. Do we miss anythink important? Naturally I'm asking just from pure curiosity
    Most of these pics are the same battle but with different result, I basicly made a pic half the times I replayed so lots of pics are duplicates.

Oathsworn's Avatar Biarchus

If you wonder about the guy in my profile photo,
    Here he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39FBRxBM8k

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

turn will be done today, had to fight a buncha manual battles in other hotseats

by today i meant before i go to bed--poland up! https://www.mediafire.com/file/3m99a...2_Poland_1.sav
    Last edited by cowcow; October 30, 2017 at 07:51 AM.