Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swordsmen Militia Addon Mod

Default Swordsmen Militia Addon Mod

An update is available. This mod is now version.11 because of the center front seam issue with the model mesh. All meshes are now fix and I have also change the shield for the Northern Europeans as well as updated the UI cards. Sorry for the inconvenience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a small Swordsmen Militia Addon Mod for M2TW that I did in three days. This mod will add the Swordsmen unit to the following factions. If you would like, you can bundle this mod to whatever mod you like and release them. You don't need to ask me for permission. The mod contains the model mesh, sprites, UI cards, a rebuilt sound cache and all other necessary files. Picture shown is taken directly from the game. This version is final, no additional update will be made.

Faction Added:
    -England
    -France
    -Holy Roman Empire
    -Scotland
    -Denmark
    -Venice
    -Milan
    -Sicily
    -Papal States
    -Poland
    -Hungary
    -Russia
    -Egypt
    -Turks

Download Links:

Gamefront
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20945...a+Mod+v.11.zip

or

Strategyinformer
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...mod/40688.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M2TW Units Addon mod v.15

Here is another small mod that I did. This mod adds the following units or armour upgrades to the game. Please see the readme for full detail on why I did this and yes, you may bundle these units to your own mod anyway you want. You don't need to ask me for permission, have fun.

England
    --Added Swordsmen Militia.
    --Added Sword and Bucklemen.
    --Added MAA.
    --Added Voulge Militia.
    --Added pikemen.

Scotland
    --Added Dismouted MAA.
    --Added MAA.

Egypt
    --Tabardariyya given a second armour upgrade.

Moors
    --Added Sarecen Militia.

Denmark
    --Added Armored Sergeants.

Venice

Milan

Sicily

Byzantine
    --Byzantine Infantry given a second armour upgrade.
    --Byzantine Guard Archers given a second and third armour upgrade.
    --Added Heavy Infantry.
    --Added Heavy Spearmen.

Spain
    --Added Sergeant Spearmen.

France
    --Added Levy Spearmen.
    --Added Dismounted MAA.

HRE
    --Imperial Knights given a 2nd armour upgrade.
    --Dismounted Imperial Knights given a 2nd armour upgrade.
    --Added Theigns.
    --Added Huscarls.

Portugal
    --Added MAA.
    --Added Dismouted MAA.
    --Added Sword and Bucklemen.

Poland
    --Added Dismouted MAA.

Hungary

Turks

Russia
    --Added Levy Spearmen.
    --Berdiche Axemen given a third armour upgrade.

Download link:
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...category3.html
    Last edited by Yiu_DJC; December 04, 2011 at 03:59 AM.

Default Re: Swordsmen Militia Addon Mod

Looks good!

How many entries would there be to the edu for this pack?

Nuts, suddenly I just felt like doing the Mongols and Timurids. Nuts, I'd just uninstalled all my tools last night, shortly after making the above post.

Şeyhülislam's Avatar Libertus

ı really like

Quote Originally Posted by Şeyhülislam View Post
    ı really like
    Thanks.

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Good job! +rep

VB

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

These are wonderful, Yiu_DJC; +Rep & consider them stolen!

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Thanks for taking the extra effort to include the extra folder for modders!

You guys are welcome. I'm attaching a seperate 3rd armour upgrade for the Northern Euopeans as an option for anyone that might want it. I have this all along with me, but I choose not to include it because of balance issue. The link is on the first post or here.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20949...+Europeans.zip

Hi, I'd really like to use this mod but I'm having a really tough time getting it to work. It seems like I've tried everything but I just cant seem to get it working, is there any way you could give me (and anyone else who's having trouble) a more in depth tutorial on how to install this?

@bigBubba

I haven't been around lately, I hope you got it working. I hope I can help.

1.) Inside the zip is a folder call 1_Mod. Inside that folder is a data folder, a medieval2.cfg, and a medieval2 shortcut. (This shortcut will probably not going to work for you because it's a shortcut that points to where I installed my M2TW. The shortcut really serve as a hint to where the files belong.)

2.) Go to your M2TW installation directorty, if you use the default directory, it will probably be something like C:\SEGA\Medieval2TotalWar\...?

3.) When you find it and open it up, you will see folders like Config, custom, data, logs, miles, as well as several.dll files, the EULA, the Launcher execute and a medieval 2 execute.

4.) Right click on the medieval2.exe and scroll down to create a shortcut of it, this will be use to launch the mod.

5.) Now right click on the shortcut you just created and go to properties, locate the line Target and add:

@medieval2.cfg

at the end of the target line and click applied.

example:
    C:\SEGA\Medieval2TotalWar\medieval2.exe @medieval2.cfg

What this does is it tells the execute to read the file call medieval2.cfg first at launch. The medieval2.cfg contains the IO switch on.

[io]
    file_first = true
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6.) The rest is just drag and drop the contents of the data folder into your data folder.

7.) Make sure to back up your sound cache (events.dat and events.idx) before you do this. Only these two files will be overwritten.

8.) To uninstall, simply delete these files from your install directory, and replace your original sound files (events.dat and events.idx) with your original two.

9.) Almost forgot to mention, this was done on M2TW patch v1.2. I don't have Kingdom expansion, so that's why I included a second folder for modder to add this manually so the modder can make whatever necessary changes to them since the expansion update.

-------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Yiu_DJC; November 14, 2011 at 05:20 AM.

nice mod
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Thank you, I edited the first post and added another small mod that I did. It's call M2TW Unit Addon mod, that mod contains fix model meshes from the Swordsmen Militia mod as well as some new units and armour upgrades. Please see the first post for download link.
    Last edited by Yiu_DJC; November 28, 2011 at 12:01 AM.

awesome!
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

nicely done!
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Thanks guys for all the compliments.

I know this is off topic, I don't want to start a new topic either, I hope the adminstrator won't be upset with this. I just want to share some other stuff related to games that I did. Just this week, I work on a tweak for Rainbow Six Lockdown. The game has a lot of issues here and there that bugs me. The most jarring one is how much the crosshair reticle spread when moving. The default values were huge, you literally shoot the ceiling while in motion. It’s so satisfying to finally get it done. My biggest relief was (after two weeks of searching) being able to track down an elusive working .rsb plugin. Without this little friend, texture editing would not be possible. The end result is a tighter, far more enjoyable game with just a very minor texture tweak (added commando mask) to suit my own taste. It's like the Rainow Six of old.

Below is another thing that I did. The game is Left 4 Dead and the gun model was done by another modder. I did this dual tone plastic texture just to see how it would look in game. It look sort of like plastic?

SWAT 4 is an interesting game. The emphasis in this title is not about popping at everything that move, but rather on using non lethal force to apprehend the suspects. There are a lot of things that I didn’t like about the vanilla package, things like the movement speed, limited ammos, the crosshair spread, the gun models, the SWAT models, the SWAT textures... alright that seems like a lot, but the things I had issue with had to do more with aesthetic. Everything else in the game is done really well. The AI in this game is better than most other game from around that time. It still holds up pretty well because of the subject matter. Below is a custom skin (base on Scooby’s olive sheriff) with additional edits that I did. Getting the textures into the game wasn't easy.
    Last edited by Yiu_DJC; December 25, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

is it possible to make this compatible with the Retrofit mod?

Quote Originally Posted by BazzBrother View Post
    is it possible to make this compatible with the Retrofit mod?
    Aslong as your are not using GUAM, it should be compatible, just make a back-up and follow the install instructions.

thanks for the mod!

If someone could help me witht his I would be appreciative.

I love the mod its just not working. When I try to add the @medieval.cfg to the end of the shortcut target and click appy it works.

But I open the game up and it hasnt worked and so I went back to properties under the shortcut and it is gone.

Is anyone having this problem or am I alone here?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast