Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Hi,

I used to use this to edit Rome 2 db tables but it started to have issues after a break of using it. I updated it and now it throws the initialization exception error up and doesn't detect my game...it says ToB is the game for editing but its not installed...well duh PFM.

If you can get into PFM (I'm assuming PFM isn't fully crashing with the startup error from trying to use the wrong game) that should stop happening if you just tell it you are editing Rome 2 files. If PFM isn't starting, deleting the "gamedirs.txt" file from PFM's folder should get it to ask for the game directories again, which should cause it to select a game you have installed. If neither of these work please tell me. I'll also add to our issue tracker that PFM is throwing exceptions if it has a game that isn't installed selected on startup.

Yeah it keeps trying to load ToB when i'm only pointing it to R2TW.

EDIT: Yeah so I was trying to initialize without Admin rights. Seems that should be something that's in the UI because that blockage stopped it from creating the GamesDir file.

Once I did that it tried to initialize in ToB mode throwing another exception but it seems I could try again and switch in the 'Games' dropdown. Pretty sure its running now.
    Last edited by Fredz; January 06, 2019 at 02:52 AM.

Ah, yes, the old Windows admin rights problem. It's on my list to move most of the settings files to the ProgramData folder, which doesn't need admin rights, but I have to clean up a lot of code before I can feel comfortable changing file default locations and the updater behavior without breaking things. Especially since I don't know how many people use Linux or Mac and that solution would probably cause problems for them since I don't think they have that folder by default.

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    If you can get into PFM (I'm assuming PFM isn't fully crashing with the startup error from trying to use the wrong game) that should stop happening if you just tell it you are editing Rome 2 files. If PFM isn't starting, deleting the "gamedirs.txt" file from PFM's folder should get it to ask for the game directories again, which should cause it to select a game you have installed. If neither of these work please tell me. I'll also add to our issue tracker that PFM is throwing exceptions if it has a game that isn't installed selected on startup.
    Thanks! That really helped me fix a nonoperational PFM! It kept trying to open to a game I no longer had installed.

Hi

I have the lastest version of PFM and the Schemas.

I have working in unit colors and unit size for some of total war games that i have.
    My current problem is the fact that whatever i do nothing in unit size change for Attila Total War.

At the moment i'm crying 'cause i have searching for Threads for Attila and not found.

Sorry for my bad english... and plz help me. Also great job creating the PFM. I discovered a whole new word by creating mods and thats so cool! thx

Do you have the "Enable out-of-date mods" checkbox ticked in the launcher? I just tried creating a mod for Attila and it looks like it is suffering from the same bug as Rome 2 where it isn't enabling mods unless that is ticked.

Do you have the "Enable out-of-date mods" checkbox ticked in the launcher? I just tried creating a mod for Attila and it looks like it is suffering from the same bug as Rome 2 where it isn't enabling mods unless that is ticked.
    yes i have it ticked. My problem is: I can run the game with the mod but my sizes changes don't appear to be recognized, and then all i have is just vanilla ultra unit size

So your mod is changing some things but not the number of men in the unit? Which tables are you trying to use to change the unit size? I can change the number of soldiers in a unit using the "main_units_tables | num_men" column. Is that what you are trying to do?

So your mod is changing some things but not the number of men in the unit? Which tables are you trying to use to change the unit size? I can change the number of soldiers in a unit using the "main_units_tables | num_men" column. Is that what you are trying to do?
    yeah thats exactly what i'm trying to do... i don't know why the numbers is not changing

If you have changed that value in the table for the proper units then I would have to assume the mod isn't being loaded. Are you sure you have both the mod and "Enable out-of-date mods" selected? Otherwise, is the mod changing other values in game? If the mod isn't making changes and it contains multiple tables then the mod probably isn't enabled for some reason. If the mod is managing to change other tables then there is a chance your changes aren't going through due to another enabled mod conflicting with yours.

Hey Genreless, how could one contribute to PFM say by fixing bugs? I see I can checkout the svn repo, so should I just simply create a bug branch and commit there?

Quote Originally Posted by MAG View Post
    Hey Genreless, how could one contribute to PFM say by fixing bugs? I see I can checkout the svn repo, so should I just simply create a bug branch and commit there?
    The PFM team would gladly welcome more contributors who wanted to help with maintaining and improving PFM. You're on the right track with checking out the SVN repo and creating a new branch to commit to but I would also need to know your Sourceforge username so I could give you permission to commit to the repo. I would also appreciate it if you logged any bugs you found in our issue tracker and claimed any issues you were working on in the issue tracker so it is easier for us to coordinate our efforts.

That's great, my sourceforge username is magner5867, I am actually a C++/Java dev, didn't work with Visual Studio like for 15 year, but I think it would be no problem to catch up with it and C#.
    I actually created a couple of bug/feature topics in the Steam group, should I then convert them into sourceforge issues?
    How do you usually communicate/coordinate development, should I join any forum of chat?

I've added you to the list of developers on the project. Don't worry about any lack of familiarity with C#, this project was also my first time working in C# and from what I know that seems to be the case with most of our devs. I'll send you a message to address the rest of your questions.

Schema 124 is out now. It corrects all the obvious errors in the Warhammer 2 schemas. There are also corrections to the max_versions files and a few typo corrections for other games. I am now going to start confirming the completeness of the Thrones of Britannia schemas which should take me about a week based on how long the Warhammer 2 schemas took.

Schema 125 is now out. It corrects all obvious schema errors in Thrones of Britannia and a few columns that had their names reversed in Warhammer 2. With this I have checked the schemas for all Total War games supported by PFM and fixed probably 98% of the flawed schemas. The remaining flawed schemas I either can't obtain a reference table for, require manual verification of the tables (Empire and Napoleon only), were accidentally mislabeled, or lack the signs of an obvious flawed schema that I tend to look for. The next schema I release the majority of the contents of will come when I eventually get a copy of Three Kingdoms' Assembly Kit or when I write a script to check table references in the existing schemas (which is a lower priority than fixing bugs so it won't happen for a long time). Other than that, the next schema will probably be community contributed corrections to existing schemas or dependent on the community contributing schemas for Three Kingdoms since I probably won't be picking it up immediately.

PFM 5.1.1 is now out. It is functionally identical to 5.1.0 except I changed the version number PFM claims to be so the auto-updater will stop trying to update the main PFM executable when it is up to date (though I'm not certain it was successfully updating the main executable anyway).

Just got into modding TWWH2, and I've made a mod, which seems to be working well for me, but the "Minimize DB Files" option doesn't seem to be working at all for me? What can I do to get this working so I can get this into a publishable state?

Hmm, it does appear that "Minimize DB Files" is broken for the Warhammer games. Thanks for telling me about this. My first guess as to what might have been the problem wasn't, so I won't be able to get a hotfix out tonight, but I will continue looking into it and hopefully have one out soon.