Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

I can't get my mod to change anything in game. I am extracting files from the latest data2 directory in the latest PFM. See's the mod in the mod manager and starts up fine. No changes though - like I am not editing the right files at all. For fun, I changed all the units creation time to 0 and nothing changed in game.

Hmm, I don't personally have a data2 directory, but since you are seeing your mod in the mod manager, I'll assume you meant the data directory. Two questions to start us out then: 1. Are other mods working for you? 2. Do you have the "Enable out-of-date mods" checkbox selected? For me, even though my mods aren't marked as out-of-date, they won't load unless I have that selected and then tell it to continue when it warns about the risks of out-of-date mods.

yeap. That was it

Just in the vein of other folks having issues with changes not appearing in game, I have noticed that changes I am making the action_results_additional_effects table in Total War: Warhammer 2 are not taking effect as intended. The table is used for editing the effects and values of agents on the campaign map (such as increasing army replenishment, post-battle loot, etc).

When adding my own version of the table, changes I make have no effect at all in-game. However, when I add the base "data__" table (from the data.pack), any changes I make simply show up at 0% or crash the game in its entirety. An example being changing the agent replenishment bonus from 8% to 5%. The value in-game displays as 0% after making the change, if I add and edit the data__ table, and has zero effect at all if I create my own table. The mod is not out of date, and I'm currently using schema 120. Similarly, other changes I make seem to take effect in-game. I can provide pictures, if needed.

It's very difficult to know if it's an issue with the PFM incorrectly reading this particular table, or if something else is going on.

Since I don't have a copy of Warhammer 2, you'll have to wait for Larynja to respond for detailed help, but I'll see what help I can provide by referencing the Warhammer 1 tables. First I'd like to ask if you're referring to the "action_results_additional_outcomes_tables" instead of "action_results_additional_effects_tables" because I don't see "action_results_additional_effects_tables" in any game's pack files prior to Warhammer 2 (which I can't personally check) or in the master schema. If you are correct about referring to "action_results_additional_effects_tables," then I don't know how you are getting it decrypted since I can't find it in the master schema so it shouldn't have a decryption but you would have to wait for Larynja or the community to contribute a correct schema for the table. If you aren't referring to "action_results_additional_effects_tables" after all, it would help if I knew what the table's proper name was and what schema version was being used to decrypt the table. I suspect that you are getting a different table schema version assigned to the table when you create your own version as compared to when you import the table into your mod from the data.pack (unless I misinterpreted your original post). If you don't know how to check the schema versions of tables, right click on the table name->Open->Open Decode Tool... to open the decode tool, near the bottom will be a text line with Typename, which is the table's name, and Version, which contains the information about the table's version number. The first version number is the table version that the table claims to have; the parsed with number is the schema version being used to decode the table, which should match the table version.

I apologize, it is the "action_results_additional_outcomes_tables". You interpreted my post correctly, but I mistakenly wrote down the wrong name for the table. I followed your instructions, and the table version claims to be 4, and the scheme version being used to decode the table is also 4.

I can seemingly confirm that the issue is with PFM, since I was able to successfully edit the table in the alternative RPFM tool featured in the other thread in this sub-forum. I attempted to see if I could perform the edit in the assembly kit, but I was a little too incompetent to make it save properly.

I was afraid of that. Looking at version 4 of that table, it is pretty clearly a new version that was only partially decoded for Warhammer 2. If you'd like I can walk you through the steps to develop a fully decoded version of the table to be submitted to the schema update thread or I can do it myself if you send me the following: screenshots of the table in DAVE with a unique value in each cell for one row (or multiple rows if there are more than two booleans in the table), screenshots of the schema in DAVE (specifically I need to be able to read the contents of the Key, Field Name, Table Relationship, Field Relationship, and possibly Lookup Fields if one of DAVE's quirks shows up), a copy of the edited table exported from DAVE (To export the table from DAVE I tend to go to Export->Export Single Tables then select and export the table (of course after applying the changes to the table). Then it is necessary to open BOB, select Data's checkbox from the Retail Data column, and hit the start button. This will create a mod.pack file in the "Total War WARHAMMER 2\assembly_kit\retail\data\" folder (with Total War WARHAMMER 2 referring to the folder where warhammer 2 is installed)).

I appreciate you being willing to help. Your instructions make sense, but my previous attempts to edit/export the table in DAVE have now made it so that I can't relocate the table when trying to view it again (I haven't really played with the Assembly Kit outside of this scenario). I'm sure there's a way to recover it, but, since I found a workaround using the other tool, I'm going to leave this alone for now. Thank you for the offer and your insight though.

PackFile Manager 5.1.0b is now out. It is a beta implementation of support for Thrones of Britannia. Since this is a beta release it is not on the main Sourceforge download button. To download it go to our Sourceforge page->Files->Alpha and select “Pack File Manager 5.1.0b.zip” from the list of files. Along with this comes Schema 121 which includes the tables from Dresden's thread of Thrones of Britannia schemas in the Thrones of Britannia Workshop along with a few minor changes to schema 120. In order to finalize Thrones of Britannia support, I will need someone to send me a copy of the "maxVersions_ToB.xml" file that should be generated the first time someone runs PFM with Thrones of Britannia installed so I can include it in schema 122 and the final release. In addition to this, to my knowledge none of the current PFM staff have Thrones of Britannia so we will be reliant on the community for contributions of corrections to the Thrones of Britannia schemas. Due to this increased reliance on community contribution I intend to write a tutorial on parsing table schemas in the next few days to make it simpler for the community to contribute schemas. When I have the tutorial written I will include a link to it in my forum signature to make it easy to find.
    Notes on this release:

• I haven't tested the prompts for opening the User, Scripts, or Replay Directories for ToB, but they should work as long as I got the right folder name.
    • During my integration of the Thrones of Britannia schemas into the master schema I skipped the following tables because they looked like tables that had received more proper parsing since that thread had been opened: "aide_de_camp_speeches_tables" v8, "battle_skeletons_tables" v2, and "cai_variables_overides_tables" v0. If I interpreted the files incorrectly, please tell me and I will include the thread's versions.
    • For Warhammer 2, I noticed an oddity in schema 120's version of "cultures_tables" where an integer that in prior versions had always been zero or negative became 2 strings. I have changed it back to an integer even though I can't test that table myself since two blank strings look the same in the parser as a zero integer and I suspect the change was human error. If it wasn't please tell me and I will revert the change.
    Last edited by Genreless; December 22, 2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: fixing unintentional font changes

PFM version 5.1.0 is now out of beta. Thanks to DrunkFlamingo for providing the "maxVersions_ToB.xml" file that was missing. For those who already downloaded the beta of 5.1.0, you shouldn't have to re-download 5.1.0 since the missing file should have either been auto-generated the first time you ran PFM with Thrones of Britannia installed or it will be downloaded with schema 122 via the auto-updater.

Since none of the PFM staff currently have Thrones, we will be reliant on the community to contribute schema corrections for PFM. To help facilitate this I have written a tutorial on decoding schemas for PFM which is linked in my signature.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

I've been trying to add existing minor factions into Custom/MP battles (e.g. Empire provinces) with the PFM.

Being a newbie at this I have no idea how to add units added from mods- e.g. how to add heroes from Mixu's mod as generals to their respective lore factions- e.g. Leitdorf to Averland. They aren't in the units_custom_battle_permissions tables where the vanilla and dlc units are.

I will much appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction?

PS Also, even though I added them in the factions tables, Marienburg doesn't show in game in the selection screen- the others I've added (Averland, Hochland etc) show up. What's the issue?
    Last edited by Teutonic; December 27, 2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    I've been trying to add existing minor factions into Custom/MP battles (e.g. Empire provinces) with the PFM.

Being a newbie at this I have no idea how to add units added from mods- e.g. how to add heroes from Mixu's mod as generals to their respective lore factions- e.g. Leitdorf to Averland. They aren't in the units_custom_battle_permissions tables where the vanilla and dlc units are.

I will much appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction?

PS Also, even though I added them in the factions tables, Marienburg doesn't show in game in the selection screen- the others I've added (Averland, Hochland etc) show up. What's the issue?
    I don't know what you have done with Marienburg so I couldn't tell you what is going wrong with it. If you are trying to add units and heroes from a mod, they won't be in CA's data.pack file, you have to look for them in the mod's pack file and add the relevant tables/rows from that mod to your mod edited appropriately.

Thanks for the reply Genreless.

Regarding Marienburg- I added all the Empire provinces to Custom/MP battles by ticking the appropriate box in the factions_tables and all are there except Marienburg.

Regarding adding units and heroes from other mods- yeah I figured it's something like what you said, I just don't know how to get to the mods pack files. As I said I'm a newbie at this.
    As I directed PFM to the game as I was setting up PFM, did I direct it wrong- just to the game directory, instead to it's data folder?

If you directed PFM to the game's directory, that is the right directory. If you had directed PFM to the data folder it would be looking for the data folder in the data folder and see nothing.

If the mod is in the game's data folder it should be visible in the 'File->Open CA pack...' menu. Otherwise you can go to 'File->Open...' to open a file browser to find the mod's pack file. If you just want to import tables from the mod's pack file while you have your mod pack file open, you can double-click on the tables in the popup that appears after selecting the other mod's pack file using the 'Files->Add' menu.

As for Marienburg, I don't have Warhammer 2, but there are multiple entries for Marienburg in the Warhammer 1 tables (I think due to different campaigns), did you accidentally miss the proper Marienburg entry?

I don't think I saw anything in 'File->Open CA pack...' menu that looked like the mods I have installed. I'll look again and if no luck then I'll try your "plan B" with 'File->Open...'.

Re Marienburg, its entry was pretty much next to the entries of the other factions in "factions_tables". I just ticked the box to allow them in MP (and custom) battles. For all the others (Averland, Hochland, etc etc) it worked. The complicated, for me, and annoying part was adding the units- except for Marienburg. I bet it's something little and finicky in the sea of letters and numbers that's causing it.
    It's not a huge issue, but annoying.

For some quite annoying reason, as soon as you use the filter, the manager go extremely slow. A simple change can take minutes to occur. It's really annoying, considering how useful it is. Anyone know a way to stop this problem?

There is a known bug with some of the filters. Our last report was managing to crash PFM using filters but forgot the method used to do so before reporting it. What exactly are you doing to make the filters slow down PFM? Also which filters are you using, the drop-downs above the columns or the filter bar to the right of the table?

I use the filter that can be triggered by the "show filter list" box, so those at the right of the bar. I then use the filter to find a keyword like "Tmb" to find all Tombs Kings entries. I use the Regex match type (it's the only one i managed to use effectively). And then, as soon as a filter is on, every action take an eternity to be made. Even scrolling down is a pain. Simply saving a change can take up to two or three minute, sometimes more. Disable the filter, and it come back to normal, fluid and fast.

Thanks, that gives me an idea of where to look. Unfortunately that sounds like an issue that is probably pretty deep-rooted in how PFM works but I will see if there is an easy way to resolve it without risking breaking other things. If it is a risky fix, as I expect it to be, it may take a while for me to clean up that portion of the code so it is less risky to edit.

Understood, many thanks !