Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Ahoy TW Modding Captains!

Huge fan of all your efforts to bring up the game and the community with ways to immerse and tailor ones gameplay for each's fullest enjoyment. I know life can move a lot of modders to not be able to update their mods any more, and I am totally understanding of that... that being said, some mods are just so awesome and a enormous part of the way I choose to enjoy my gameplay that I figure I should just go in myself and make the mods/adjustments I want instead of waiting on a workshop mod that has fallen into the update graveyard...

Now the dilemma, I want to start modding and editing tables to do things like 1 turn Buildings, Tech, and Recruitment for both AI and Player... and I cam here to download the Pack File Manager.... but no matter which version or how many different ways and route to download it I keep getting the same problem.... after I unzip... I go click on PackFileManager application 301KB and then a window prompt opens up to for me to enter a directory and 'point to location of TWH2" of which I say C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II then I hit cancel all the other the other window prompts for the games I do not have.... and Every single time I am met with this next Error Window...

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Capta\Documents\Program Installers AcrossTheLinePC\TW Warhammer Addtl Programs\Pack File Manager 5.0.2'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, StringmaybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.SetCurrentDirectory(String path)
    at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm..ctor(String args)
    at PackFileManager.Program.Main(String args)

I am running Windows 10

Please any help would be greatly appreciated, have no clue how to trouble shoot this. Thank you all for your time to read this.

**Tiphat* *
    Capt'n Sanguin

I can't figure out what your computer is looking for there or why it would be so I'll just ask, what version of the .NET framework do you have installed (if any) because PFM requires v4.0 or newer to be installed to work and that's the most likely suspect I can think of right now.

Looking into what I could find out from the error message, it looks like PFM is trying to set it's working directory to where it thinks it is installed, which is "C:\Users\Capta\Documents\Program Installers AcrossTheLinePC\TW Warhammer Addtl Programs\Pack File Manager 5.0.2" and failing. I would imagine that this is caused by either the folder you extracted PFM being oddly linked preventing PFM from locating it or the folder having odd permissions preventing PFM from accessing it. The problem will probably resolve itself if you extract PFM into a different folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    Looking into what I could find out from the error message, it looks like PFM is trying to set it's working directory to where it thinks it is installed, which is "
    C:\Users\Capta\Documents\Program Installers AcrossTheLinePC\TW Warhammer Addtl Programs\Pack File Manager 5.0.2" and failing. I would imagine that this is caused by either the folder you extracted PFM being oddly link
    ed preventing PFM from locating it or the folder having odd permissions preventing PFM from accessing it. The problem will probably resolve itself if you extract PFM into a different folder.

Awesome! that was exactly it, thank you for looking into it. Thank you all for the thoughts and suggestions. I unzipped to desktop, and Boom! worked!

Now its time to figure out how to make all my dream mods that I am subscribed to something I can personally do and upkeep, well at least most of the table file ones :-)

**Tiphat* * and WAAAGH!!!
    Capt'n Sanguin

For the last couple years PFM has worked fine. All of a sudden it stopped exporting as a pack file and saves as a generic file. I changed nothing. So I downloaded the newest version( I believe 5.02) and still will not export. I can make changes and SAVE AS a pack file which works fine.

Any help appreciated

JW

After last update of warhamer vampire coast got a strange thing with current version of pfm when you try to open db-building_chains_tables-data in data.pack ( vanllia pack ) you get an strange error an cannot open this tabble while pfm let it in black as youhave access to.It may be a thing to investigate.
    Last edited by FréreAne; November 13, 2018 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FréreAne View Post
    After last update of warhamer vampire coast got a strange thing with current version of pfm when you try to open db-building_chains_tables-data in data.pack ( vanllia pack ) you get an strange error an cannot open this tabble while pfm let it in black as youhave access to.It may be a thing to investigate.
    Just tested, works with schema 120 without a problem. Did you use that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    Just tested, works with schema 120 without a problem. Did you use that one?
    Ok thank a lot , i still have 117 shema.It works now.Sorry for the disturbance.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure there is a newer version of .NET than 4.5, but 4.5 ought to be sufficient. Schema updates download the zip file and then unzip the file into the PFM folder. The updater doesn't delete the zip files afterward though, so you will see the zip files from each update. What exactly is going wrong with PFM when you try to use it?
    well it work perfectly eccept i dont see progress of changes wchih i tried to implement. I dont do many changes to this game. What i allways change is the cost of recruitment certain units like balista because i dont like CPU armies containing half of heavy duty machines. So i launch PFM open data_rome2.pack DB+ and in main units table im changing recruitment cost. That worked till now. rigcht now i got changes in this file, but when im launch game there is no changes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by czostek View Post
    well it work perfectly eccept i dont see progress of changes wchih i tried to implement. I dont do many changes to this game. What i allways change is the cost of recruitment certain units like balista because i dont like CPU armies containing half of heavy duty machines. So i launch PFM open data_rome2.pack DB+ and in main units table im changing recruitment cost. That worked till now. rigcht now i got changes in this file, but when im launch game there is no changes at all.
    I just tried changing values myself and initially it wasn't working for me either. I managed to make it work by checking the "Enable out-of-date mods" checkbox in the mod manager of Rome 2's launcher, after which it confirmed that I wanted to use the mods I had selected and they had their intended effects. For some reason I need to have that box checked in Rome 2's launcher or the mod doesn't load even though it isn't marked as an out-of-date mod. I suspect this is what is happening for you also.

EDIT: Since posting this I also tried mods output by DAVE and they seem to be facing the same problem (at least if I trim the excess tables placed in the pack using PFM).
    Last edited by Genreless; November 20, 2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: further clarification

I just tried changing values myself and initially it wasn't working for me either. I managed to make it work by checking the "Enable out-of-date mods" checkbox in the mod manager of Rome 2's launcher, after which it confirmed that I wanted to use the mods I had selected and they had their intended effects.
    Yep im change values directly in data.rome.pack and i tried to press that checkbox but no effect ether. Im handling with this since first rome and now im clueless what to do with that issue. maybe , but maybe i reinstall rome. maybe i did som with this data.rome.pack and i need fresh one. really no clue

Yep im change values directly in data.rome.pack and i tried to press that checkbox but no effect ether. Im handling with this since first rome and now im clueless what to do with that issue. maybe , but maybe i reinstall rome. maybe i did som with this data.rome.pack and i need fresh one. really no clue
    I just confirmed that Rome 2 behaves the same for packs output by PFM as it does with packs output by DAVE that PFM hasn't touched. This leads me to conclude that the problem is with Rome 2. I'll just ask a few more questions to hopefully narrow down what is going wrong on your side.
    1. Does Rome 2 load other mods properly?
    2. Just to make doubly sure, do you have both the mod and the "Enable out-of-date mods" checkbox selected?
    3. Are you modding "data_rome2.pack" directly or creating another pack file in the data folder of Rome 2?
    4. Have you renamed any of the tables in your mod?

1. Does Rome 2 load other mods properly?
    2. Just to make doubly sure, do you have both the mod and the "Enable out-of-date mods" checkbox selected?
    3. Are you modding "data_rome2.pack" directly or creating another pack file in the data folder of Rome 2?
    4. Have you renamed any of the tables in your mod?
    1 Never tried other mods since i instal Rome 2 again , so from the moment of changes in rome i had no oportunity to check it.
    2 yes i have Enable out of date mods selected and choose all selected as well but i have no mods implemented.
    3 im changing data.rome2.pack directly and only thing im doing is changing cost of recruitment certain units so im not changing names of columns nor creating other pack files
    4 no im never do that - i just dont need to modify rome that much

1 Never tried other mods since i instal Rome 2 again , so from the moment of changes in rome i had no oportunity to check it.
    2 yes i have Enable out of date mods selected and choose all selected as well but i have no mods implemented.
    3 im changing data.rome2.pack directly and only thing im doing is changing cost of recruitment certain units so im not changing names of columns nor creating other pack files
    4 no im never do that - i just dont need to modify rome that much
    In that case there is a possibility that you are having difficulty with your mods due to Rome 2 not liking data_Rome2.pack being modified. I can't confirm this as I haven't tried changing a TW game's core files directly before, but since your changes aren't in a separate pack file, the game isn't aware that you are trying to mod it and it may be auto-correcting its core files. I suggest this because otherwise I can't think of where the old values would be coming from. I would recommend creating a new pack file in the data folder, importing the table you want to modify from data_Rome2.pack into your new pack file, deleting the rows you don't plan to modify from the new pack file, and then renaming the table in the new pack file.

This achieves several things:
    1. It lets you selectively enable/disable the mod.
    2. You no longer risk losing the mod with the next game update.
    3. Any potential conflicts from changing the core game files go away.
    4. By changing the table name (not the folder it is in) you identify it as a separate table. The data is loaded by the folder the table is in and identical table names (or row keys) overwrite each other.

ok i made mod and i want to send you my work. you would judge am i did that correctly cuz nothing changes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Przechwytywanie3.PNG   Przechwytywanie2.PNG   Przechwytywanie1.PNG  

Looks like you have it in the right folder and it is certainly selected. I would have removed the rows you didn't intend to edit and renamed the table, but that shouldn't stop the mod from working. I notice you are only changing the "recruitment_cost" column's contents. These changes only show up in the campaign. Are you checking the cost in custom battles or in a campaign? If you are checking in custom battles, that uses the "multiplayer_cost" column. If you are checking in the campaign I have no clue why it wouldn't be working.

P.S. Looking at the image you attached of the folder you put the mod in, I notice a "mod" folder. Has that always been there? I don't know if TW looks in a different folder for non-English copies, but the English version doesn't have a "mod" folder.

.These changes only show up in the campaign. Are you checking the cost in custom battles or in a campaign? If you are checking in custom battles, that uses the "multiplayer_cost" column. If you are checking in the campaign I have no clue why it wouldn't be working.
    I checked it. I made som changes in multiplayer cost as well and sending image. No changes (
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Przechwytywanie4.PNG   20181122211839_1.jpg   20181122211837_1.jpg  

All I can say is that Rome 2 is behaving oddly. When I look at the data_Rome2 main_units table, all the prices appear correct, though typically the same between campaigns. Contrary to this, the test mod I just created had almost all of the modified prices assigned to the wrong unit (though still the right class) with many ballistas and onagers being assigned to a different campaign's version or even a different kind of ballista or onager, respectively. If I had to guess, it might have something to do with the problems CA said would appear with mods in this post: https://steamcommunity.com/games/214...29321628402319 (For reference, I also haven't done what they recommended and deleted all my mods, which might be what is causing my odd behavior since I haven't played a modded game of Rome 2 since that update). I would probably recommend trying to modify all the artillery units' prices rather than just one campaign's if you didn't do so already, using Steam to re-verify the Rome 2 files, or maybe even deleting all the Rome 2 files and re-downloading them. If those don't work, I really can't think of what your problem might be.

i hope that CA is aware about this problems becasue without possibility of modding i lose desire to play anymore in this game and i had them all eccept warhammer. To bad. Thats why i hate that constant need of improving something , it caused problems since i recall. Well i will wait maybe they will fix it , time will tell. Thx for tips and for effort

For anyone coming across this conversation later, I figured out the reason for the following:
    All I can say is that Rome 2 is behaving oddly. When I look at the data_Rome2 main_units table, all the prices appear correct, though typically the same between campaigns. Contrary to this, the test mod I just created had almost all of the modified prices assigned to the wrong unit (though still the right class) with many ballistas and onagers being assigned to a different campaign's version or even a different kind of ballista or onager, respectively.
    The prices weren't assigned to the wrong unit, Rome 2 rounds all multiplayer prices up to the nearest multiple of 5, which is why I thought prices were assigned to the wrong unit. As for why I have to have enable out-of-date mods enabled or Czostek can't enable his mods, I still don't know.