Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    when you open a table in PFM, there is an export menu, where you can choose tsv.

And then you have with a right click at the top left on your pack, an option "import DB from TSV3.

Most of the time, when I mod I export the tables, work on them in Excel, and then import the table. I seldom do editing in PFM itself, except for a few tables (like main_units) They can be exported, but imported them back gives an error.

Workign with Excel allows filter quicker copy paste, automatic increment for the indexes, coloring what you are doing to help see wha't done, left to do, etc...

Much more efficient than using PFM.
    Thx. I'll remember to extract all my tables and variant definitions like this. I can't have them breaking on me like this, over and over. , imagine having to rebuild a mod every six months or so because PFM constantly decies to on it.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I keep all my tables, all my variants, and also ll my icons and textures in folders on my hard drive, already extracted.
    And several bakcups of my pack...

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

EDIT: Just realised I posted in the Warhammer PFM thread - don't know if this is the most updated version of PFM to post this in or replies need to be Warhammer-related, but whatever.

Hey - sorry to request this again, but I think it deserves more attention.

Can we please get support for Total War: ARENA's pack files? Since the release of the beta, there are now a lot of new, amazing assets (armour, helmets, skins, horses, horse armour, elephant armour etc) that could be utilized by the community which we just have no way of easily accessing at the moment to obtain them like we used to (the file manager used to work with ARENA's pack files before beta, but ever since it entered beta they don't open anymore).

New ARENA Art Asset Examples
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Benjin; June 20, 2018 at 08:08 AM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Libertus

Any chance get worked PFM on last version 1.4.1? main_units_tables don't work

Version 5.0.1 of PFM is now online. The only thing that has changed since version 5.0 is a temporary fix has been made to allow the auto-update to work again. I believe the fix may require .NET Framework version 4.5 or newer to be installed as opposed to the prior minimum requirement of the .NET Framework version 4.0.

In making the fix to the auto-updater it also became clear that in order to cleanly fix the auto-updater so it can use TLS 1.2 to communicate with SourceForge, PFM will have to move from .NET Framework 4.0 to one of three alternatives: A newer version of the .NET Framework, Mono, or Xamarin. I know that moving to a newer version of .NET or Xamarin would break support for PFM in Windows XP and I don't know for sure about whether Mono supports XP. The advantages of switching to Mono or Xamarin as far as I can tell is that the .NET Framework wouldn't work if we tried to get PFM working on Mac or Linux while Mono and Xamarin do (and with some Total War games working on Mac and Linux, it makes sense to have the mod tools work also). This leads me to wonder, how many people use which operating systems among the PFM userbase so I know which systems I still need to guarantee support for? Regardless of the response, changing the framework PFM runs on will still be a relatively low priority as I learn more about how it works and ensure what is already there doesn't have any bugs hiding in it.

And we're here already... version 5.0.2, because I uploaded the wrong binary in version 5.0.1 so it didn't open pack files. The new version works properly, but it looks like I missed something while fixing the auto-updater so it won't automatically download the fixed version.

Huge thanks for your new version and to the whole team for their efforts!

I use Windows 10 and normally it has already .NET Framework 4.5 or 4.5.1 installed by default.

Some information for Windows 10 users. Normally if a new version of PFM is started for the first time a notification pop-up will open from the internal Windows Smart-Screen Security manager and it says "The computer has been secured with Windows". Then click on "More informations" and click on "execute anyway". So Windows knows from this point that the file PackFileManager.exe is secure to be openend.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

I don't think there are too many Xp users left in the world let alone TW modders

I use Win7 atm and it supports up to .NET 4.5 (included)

But I didn't quite understood why the change required?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Windows 10 here

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    I don't think there are too many Xp users left in the world let alone TW modders

I use Win7 atm and it supports up to .NET 4.5 (included)

But I didn't quite understood why the change required?
    Windows 7 with service pack 1 supports all the .NET versions since 4.0 (up to the most current 4.7.2). The reason we will have to upgrade from .NET 4.0 to a newer framework is that .NET 4.0 only supports up to TLS 1.0 for internet communication, which SourceForge has blocked because it is an out-of-date security standard. We are currently getting by with running in .NET 4.0 while communicating with SourceForge using TLS 1.2 by exploiting a bug with the .NET framework where a newer version of .NET running a .NET 4.0 application still has the newer encryption standards visible to the program, so the auto-updater has been modified to be told to use the newer encryption standards even though they shouldn't exist in .NET 4.0.

Right, forgot about the Service pack. Haven't installed it since the last format so..

I see. If necessary.. so be it..
    One can always use the previous versions anyway.

The reason I mentioned the service pack supporting newer versions of .NET was because Microsoft's pages didn't list which versions of .NET work on Windows 7 without the service pack (and looking closer actually claim .NET doesn't work without the service pack). Is there a reason you would want to avoid the service packs that I should keep in mind with relation to limiting the changes I make to PFM's requirements or am I reading too much into the ellipses?

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    The reason I mentioned the service pack supporting newer versions of .NET was because Microsoft's pages didn't list which versions of .NET work on Windows 7 without the service pack (and looking closer actually claim .NET doesn't work without the service pack). Is there a reason you would want to avoid the service packs that I should keep in mind with relation to limiting the changes I make to PFM's requirements or am I reading too much into the ellipses?
    Hehe, well Microsoft updates mostly (Helps to!) slow down the Pc's and considering mine is now 7 years old.. don't think of updating it unless have to (some programs wants it)

It still does support .Net 4.5 without SP thou.

I have released schema 113, if PFM's autoupdater is enabled, it will be downloaded automatically the next time PFM runs. Schema 113 features Rome 2's schema up to date and free of obvious unknown values and unopenable tables (except for models_naval_tables). I also included Matmannen's schemas after correcting the unknown values in them and inserting the fkeys that TW Warhammer 1 uses. Since the projectile_bombardments_tables Matmannen submitted uses a newer version number than that used for TW Warhammer 1, I'm going to assume that the schemas they submitted were for TW Warhammer 2, so I can't guarantee the fkeys are correct as I don't have Warhammer 2 and used Warhammer 1's fkey values instead. I also corrected some broken tables for Warhammer 1 although I haven't done a thorough pass over all of them.

Schema 114 is now out. It updates all the formerly blue, red, and yellow tables for Warhammer 1 to be complete and correct (except maybe some of the empty model tables). It also updates all the Warhammer 1 tables up to cai_personalities_technology_researches_tables to be complete and correct. Schema 115 should contain the rest of the Warhammer 1 tables corrected. As always, if you have the latest version of PFM, the autoupdater should download the new schema automatically if you have it run by default.

Schema 115 is now out. It finished my pass over Warhammer 1's tables so they are now free of unknown values (except for one table) and all have the proper keys. This is as much as I can do for Warhammer 2's tables until I actually get Warhammer 2. If you have version 5.0.2 or newer of PFM, the auto-updater should work for downloading the new schema.

Hey. I have question for you gents. I had a brake with Rome 2 and i just return to this game again. What i noticed that data have 900 MB instead of 613 MB so major changes occcur. Whats worst, my PFM not work anymore so i downloaded newest one 5.0.2. Guess what - dont work ether. So i decided do be bold and check new tool rpfm 1.0.2 and? still not working . So my question is - is there any program which i can use to mod rome 2? or maybe we dont mode data_rome2.pack????

Do you still have the .NET framework installed on your computer? PFM needs at least v4.0 of the .NET framework to be installed to run properly although I think the autoupdater might not work unless you have a newer version of the framework than v4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    Do you still have the .NET framework installed on your computer? PFM needs at least v4.0 of the .NET framework to be installed to run properly although I think the autoupdater might not work unless you have a newer version of the framework than v4.0.
    netframework 4.5 so its newest verion but i see that zip shema 117 was downloaded but not unpacked. Should i unpack it to the folder?

Hmm, I'm pretty sure there is a newer version of .NET than 4.5, but 4.5 ought to be sufficient. Schema updates download the zip file and then unzip the file into the PFM folder. The updater doesn't delete the zip files afterward though, so you will see the zip files from each update. What exactly is going wrong with PFM when you try to use it?