Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

I can't edit the main_units-tables of Rome 2..... there's an error about object in reference not existing

Works fine for me. Are you using the latest schema?
    You can get it from here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...iles/Schemata/

Using the lastest schema, 109 doesn't work neither 108. Lastest version 5.0 doesn't work ....will try older ones.

Neither 5.0 or 4.1.2 work for me, and haven't worked for a couple months. I get the same boolean error every time, and my changes won't be saved. I would just use the Rusted one, but afaik you can't mod older titles with it.

police55's Avatar Foederatus

When modding Rome 2, i can't use the old drop down menu for units on a column section which menus i would have to find the code name rather than quickly add it in via the drop menu, i can still do the same with factions but not the units for custom battles which means i have to look for the units name and manually type it in to the custom battle list, and i have 30+ units to add to custom battle. Is there a solution for this?

Similar problems in war hammer too, but i've fixed that.
    Last edited by police55; May 17, 2018 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Clarification.

After going through and correcting most of the Rome 2 schema that were obviously incompletely formed that I could get references out of DAVE for, I was thinking about seeing if I could contribute to the code side of PFM. I am therefore here to see if I can be included in the project as it seems polite to ask first and I'm pretty sure the issue tracker and code branches can't be messed with unless an existing member of the project gives permission to do so on SourceForge.

I am also posting a duplicate of this request in the 4.1.2 thread as that seems to be the more frequented thread.

After last patch there are problems with variants tables in wh2. game crash when use mods that refer to this table and pfm is unable to read original variant tables from data (used 1.10)

ty

After latest WH2 patch, I can't access the main_units tables to update mods. Please help. I'm on schema 110

Quote Originally Posted by adclaw View Post
    After last patch there are problems with variants tables in wh2. game crash when use mods that refer to this table and pfm is unable to read original variant tables from data (used 1.10)
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow12 View Post
    After latest WH2 patch, I can't access the main_units tables to update mods. Please help. I'm on schema 110
    Both tables work fine with 110, don't see any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    Both tables work fine with 110, don't see any problems.
    i had download again pfm and copy in main directory all pfm schemas from 103 to 110 and alyaws when try to open data.pack/db/variants_table/data_ i am unable to see it because give me red, variants_table in my mod are open and read but now game crash

sorry but this is for me and not only for me (

Quote Originally Posted by adclaw View Post
    i had download again pfm and copy in main directory all pfm schemas from 103 to 110 and alyaws when try to open data.pack/db/variants_table/data_ i am unable to see it because give me red, variants_table in my mod are open and read but now game crash

sorry but this is for me and not only for me (
    Did you unpack the schema file? It's a .zip file, you need to unpack it so it can replace the files in your pfm folder.
    If you did that, do you have a "schema_current.xml" file? If yes, that one overrides the master_schema file that's included in the download.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    Did you unpack the schema file? It's a .zip file, you need to unpack it so it can replace the files in your pfm folder.
    If you did that, do you have a "schema_current.xml" file? If yes, that one overrides the master_schema file that's included in the download.
    Now work, ty

Has anyone had trouble opening building_culture_variants_tables? when I update the files it can no longer be opened

oh and thats with schema 111

Quote Originally Posted by thornbusch View Post
    oh and thats with schema 111
    Works with schema 112, but as far as I know there shouldn't be any problems with schema 111 either. For Warhammer 2 or another game?

Gengi87's Avatar Libertus

Hi Guys! Do you know if edited wsmodels still breaks using PFM?
    Is a shame that since a year we cannot use wsmodels anymore
    Thanks in advance

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

By the way, thx PFM for totally breaking my mod and not being able to opening my back-ups. I'll be happy to rewrite the mod for a second time. No problem. Kill me...

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

small advice: always export your table as tsv to serve as second backup.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

What is tsv? I uploaded a backup to the workshop set as private and I can't open it. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the majority of my tables tunred yellow. It can't have had anything to do with the update since I have been woking on the mod since after the update without issue. Half my tables turned yellow and my variantdefitntions got scrambled, they all start like in the middle of the actual defenition. I have been trying to leanr to decode tables since that might be helpful, but I can't find any info except magnar's video which is kind of useless since its only him pressing buttons while not giving any actual theoritical understanding of the thing so that one can, for example, understnad why the button he is pressing doesn't actually work.

EDIT: I just googled tsv, so I understand what it is, but how would I export something into tsv?
    Last edited by Matmannen; June 08, 2018 at 03:11 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

when you open a table in PFM, there is an export menu, where you can choose tsv.

And then you have with a right click at the top left on your pack, an option "import DB from TSV3.

Most of the time, when I mod I export the tables, work on them in Excel, and then import the table. I seldom do editing in PFM itself, except for a few tables (like main_units) They can be exported, but imported them back gives an error.

Workign with Excel allows filter quicker copy paste, automatic increment for the indexes, coloring what you are doing to help see wha't done, left to do, etc...

Much more efficient than using PFM.