Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

Default Re: PFM 5.0 - Warhammer 2 support

I have just released a beta of PFM 5.1.2 that fixes "Minimize DB Files" not working with Warhammer or Warhammer 2. Unfortunately the beta is also extremely inefficient at dealing with "Minimize DB Files" and routinely hangs for several minutes as it goes through all of the selected game's pack files ... repeatedly. I hope to have time to fix the inefficiency on Monday and will release the final build when it has been improved, but for people who don't want to wait, the beta can be found at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...r/files/Alpha/

Hello, I want to create a new lord for vampire counts with PFM. I found the model and the variantmeshes in campaign variant pack, but I can't find dds models for lords. Does someone know where are they?

I don't personally know anything about modding models, but after a look at the tutorial you were asking in earlier, I think I found Manfred's dds files in variants_dds2.pack. I would assume the rest of what you are looking for are probably around there.

Okay, thanks you!

EditSF doesn't seem to be able to fully read savegames made with the latest update.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

If I open campaigns/main_warhammer/startpos.esf I get an error. The files in Camaign_startpos are empty and I can't change compressed_data anymore.

This happened since the DLC today.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Hi all

This is my first update I had to go through with a mod, I have my own locallly kept mod and I saw the DLC, here are my steps

1.None of the tables I have edited have been changed
    2.I verified the above by going to Pack File manager 5.0 and opening the Data.pack file where my tables are stored, this was AFTER verifying file integrity and also after downloading new DLC
    3.I did notice when launching the RAW data CA file that some tables are shown as RED, meaning a change was made though I never seen this on the RAW files which I cannot change
    4.Anyway, I looked at my tables confirmed and saved, re launched in the OLD Launcher as the new launcher, always showed my MOD, but never seemed to take effect in game
    5.Loaded the game and my mod is a simple change to the -8 public order on legendary which I changed to 100
    6.loaded game and I am still at -8 for difficulty
    7.verified MOD was turned on
    8.Tried creating a NEW PACK FILE, with just this one table edited for that single change
    9. verified all the above again
    10.Launched game and still seeing -8 for public order difficulty

This seems to be the behaviour I had when I used the old launcher all the other updated mods work but my own mod shows, but almost seems the game is not seeing it's edited tables since the DLC, anyone else experience this with their own mod when trying to update?

Here is what I am seeing now after the DLC when opening the RAW CA Data.pack file

Quote Originally Posted by trango View Post
    Hi all

This is my first update I had to go through with a mod, I have my own locallly kept mod and I saw the DLC, here are my steps

1.None of the tables I have edited have been changed
    2.I verified the above by going to Pack File manager 5.0 and opening the Data.pack file where my tables are stored, this was AFTER verifying file integrity and also after downloading new DLC
    3.I did notice when launching the RAW data CA file that some tables are shown as RED, meaning a change was made though I never seen this on the RAW files which I cannot change
    4.Anyway, I looked at my tables confirmed and saved, re launched in the OLD Launcher as the new launcher, always showed my MOD, but never seemed to take effect in game
    5.Loaded the game and my mod is a simple change to the -8 public order on legendary which I changed to 100
    6.loaded game and I am still at -8 for difficulty
    7.verified MOD was turned on
    8.Tried creating a NEW PACK FILE, with just this one table edited for that single change
    9. verified all the above again
    10.Launched game and still seeing -8 for public order difficulty

This seems to be the behaviour I had when I used the old launcher all the other updated mods work but my own mod shows, but almost seems the game is not seeing it's edited tables since the DLC, anyone else experience this with their own mod when trying to update?

Tried uninstalling and re downloading all my software including the game, but no matter what it's like the mod either get's disabled or the game sees the mod load's it but ignores the tables/setting in the mod

So after watching Total War Modding Tutorial - PFM Table Decoding

The red means that these tables cannot be read, so if these are all shown when opening the RAW data.pack I am guessing that no custom mods can be made from PFM until all tables can read? even though the tables I am editing for my custom mod can all be read and seem to have no changes?

Trango, as you noted in your last post, red tables have either been modified since the pack file was last saved or PFM lacks the ability to open them. Other tables should still work unless their formatting was changed in today's update. Your mod will not work if it contains a table that had its formatting changed in today's update until the schemas are corrected and PFM is putting out the correct formatting for the table again. If your mod is not working and the tables use the correct formatting for the new update then the best I can think of without creating a new test pack and testing it myself is that the Total War launcher doesn't load mods that aren't uploaded to the Steam Workshop unless the "Enable Out-Of-Date Mods" checkbox is selected even if the mod is selected and not marked out-of-date. I plan to take another look at Warhammer 2's schemas to correct any table schemas that changed with the newest update in the next few days after I get the optimized version of the "Minimize DB Files" fix released (I have it optimized, I just have to clean up the new code a little before posting it). As always community contributions to the schemas are gladly welcomed if someone wants to get the schema support updated faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwardinen View Post
    EditSF doesn't seem to be able to fully read savegames made with the latest update.
    I'm afraid I know nothing about EditSF and don't intend on looking at it until I have done significant work on PFM which will take several months minimum. Corrections to EditSF in a timely manner would require someone else joining the team to fix it or I believe there are other tools dedicated to editing Total War save files that will probably be faster at updating to support the newest version.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    If I open campaigns/main_warhammer/startpos.esf I get an error. The files in Camaign_startpos are empty and I can't change compressed_data anymore.

This happened since the DLC today.
    I'll add it to my list to look at the esf parsing. That will come after I have finished my work on the corrections to the "Minimize DB Files" feature and posted the newest schema corrections. I don't know how long it will take to fix anything that may be wrong with how we deal with esf files, since this will be my first time directly addressing esf files, and CA has stated that it will be about a week before the Assembly Kit will be updated to process the new Startpos files, so I don't know how easy it will be to obtain references until then.

PFM 5.1.2 is out now. It fixes the "Minimize DB Files" menu item so that it now works with Warhammer and Warhammer 2 mods. The function still takes typically 1-4 seconds for me since it has to parse the header of every pack file and all the files in the db folders of the pack files for the selected game but it is no longer the several minutes of hang time from the beta build. Unfortunately, I believe the auto-updater is currently broken for new PFM versions so it will have to be manually downloaded if you intend on taking advantage of the feature.

Thanks for the update, I have 5.1.2 of PFM and as stated there are some files that are unreadable however none of the tables I have edited are. As an example if you want to try it yourself as it seems lots of people have an issue or two with no mods working even updated ones.

The table I edit
    campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables

Effect

wh_main_effect_public_order_difficulty_level

campaign_difficulty_handicap

change value from -8 to 50 let's say

this was After creating a new pack file and adding the table from the RAW data.pack file which opened with no issues, but seems to not take effect. I just woke up so will do some tinkering today.

Quote Originally Posted by Genreless View Post
    Trango, as you noted in your last post, red tables have either been modified since the pack file was last saved or PFM lacks the ability to open them. Other tables should still work unless their formatting was changed in today's update. Your mod will not work if it contains a table that had its formatting changed in today's update until the schemas are corrected and PFM is putting out the correct formatting for the table again. If your mod is not working and the tables use the correct formatting for the new update then the best I can think of without creating a new test pack and testing it myself is that the Total War launcher doesn't load mods that aren't uploaded to the Steam Workshop unless the "Enable Out-Of-Date Mods" checkbox is selected even if the mod is selected and not marked out-of-date. I plan to take another look at Warhammer 2's schemas to correct any table schemas that changed with the newest update in the next few days after I get the optimized version of the "Minimize DB Files" fix released (I have it optimized, I just have to clean up the new code a little before posting it). As always community contributions to the schemas are gladly welcomed if someone wants to get the schema support updated faster.

Seems to be a CA issue, i confirmed solution worked for me

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...mod_at_a_time/

Schema 126 is now out. It addresses all red tables from the newest Warhammer 2 patch along with all the schema that CA listed as changed. I'll do a more thorough pass soon to make sure nothing was missed but hopefully that was everything.

Hi guys, i have edited the faction uniform colour table, to change the Tiktaq'to's faction colour and now my game it's not opening anymore, any solution?
    Thank!!

I couldn't say what is wrong, that table outputs from PFM in the same format as it is in the default pack and from the Assembly Kit so it shouldn't be PFM causing the problem (it also didn't change formats this update so nothing new should have broken). Things that I can think of for general modding problems/solutions you might want to check include:
    1. If your mod hasn't renamed the table and you have deleted the other factions' rows you may have accidentally removed other factions' colors causing Warhammer 2 to crash when it can't find them.
    2. I have heard the update broke the launcher's modding support some. That might be causing your problems but I don't know how exactly it broke since I haven't run Warhammer 2 since the update.
    3. Try creating your mod with the Assembly Kit. If it still doesn't work from the Assembly Kit, something probably broke with Warhammer 2's update. If it does, you should be able to find the problem somewhere in the differences between the two's outputs.

I have a question for you. The characters like manfred, vlad or arkhan, have in their variantmeshes only 2 or 3 models : 1 or 2 for their weapons, and 1 for their whole body. Do you know a mean to dissociate a part of their body?