Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PFM Schema Update Thread

Default Re: PFM Schema Update Thread

Ahoy Capt'n Genreless,

I am running .NET Framework 4.7.2 e.g. in my registry editor [
    On Windows 10 April 2018 Update only: 461808 ]

I am curious if I am using the right directory for the 'point to location' window prompt? Is that the first thing I am suppose to see after I have clicked on the PackFileManager APP? is that the APP file I am needing to click on to install? I do have the Assembly Kit for TW Warhammer 1 installed as well as the one for Warhammer 2... should I only have the one for 2 installed?

You are using the right directory for Warhammer 2 as far as I can tell. Your .NET version should also be fine. The assembly kits for the Total War games have no direct bearing on how PFM runs so that won't be an issue. PFM ought to work by simply extracting its files to a folder and then running the PackFileManager executable. Would I be correct in assuming that "C:\Users\Capta\Documents\Program Installers AcrossTheLinePC\TW Warhammer Addtl Programs\Pack File Manager 5.0.2" is the directory you extracted PFM to or is it a different directory? Finally, let's continue this conversation in the Warhammer 2 support thread so we don't continue derailing the schema support thread.

Thanks a Ton Capt'n Genreless. Much appreciated on the help. Got it working per the post in support thread. The relevant question for this thread now, is do I need download every file from the first post only in this thread? or just the newest file? or do i need read through every page to find new possible files that I should be using? thank you very much

**Tiphat* *

Schema 120 is out now, should fix all but two of the changed tables from the VC update.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sanguin_ View Post
    Thanks a Ton Capt'n Genreless. Much appreciated on the help. Got it working per the post in support thread. The relevant question for this thread now, is do I need download every file from the first post only in this thread? or just the newest file? or do i need read through every page to find new possible files that I should be using? thank you very much

**Tiphat* *
    If you have the auto-updater enabled on PFM, it should automatically download new schema files as they are uploaded and unzip them into the folder. If you don't, each schema release contains all the schema files and simply overwrites the prior release's files when unzipped into PFM's folder. Unfortunately, the auto-updater appears to be broken currently for updating PFM's main executable so new versions of PFM need to be manually downloaded when they are released currently.
    Last edited by Genreless; November 11, 2018 at 07:36 PM. Reason: further clarification

I've noticed an issue with the Pack File Manager when attempting to edit the action_results_additional_effects table in Total War Warhammer 2. Changes made in this table specifically either have no effect or show zero/null values in-game. Currently using schema 120.

The table is used for editing the effects and values of agent actions on the campaign map (such as increasing army replenishment, post-battle loot, etc). When adding my own version of the table, changes I make have no effect at all in-game. However, when I import the base "data__" table (from the data.pack), any changes I make simply show as 0% or crash the game in its entirety. An example being changing the agent replenishment bonus from 8% to 5%. The value in-game displays as 0% after making the change, if I add and edit the data__ table, and has zero effect at all if I create my own table. I can provide pictures, if needed.

I've been able to replicate the issue with solely this table by creating new .pack files, and other table changes are seemingly taking effect as intended. I've also successfully edited this table in the past. I also attempted redownloading the PFM files with the current schema. It's not clear to me what the issue is.

Hello Layrnja and anyone else working to keep PFM updated.

I am currently working on a Warhammer II mod which edits the special_abilities_phases table. Schema 120 is unable to open this table. I was able to edit the schema file using the table defines I found in the PFM DecodeTool, however I am now encountering the following error when attempting to load the table.

Failed to open data: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at DBTableControl.DBEditorTableControl.CreateTable(DBFile table)
    at DBTableControl.DBEditorTableControl.set_CurrentPackedFile(PackedFile value)
    at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.OpenPackedFile(IPackedFileEditor editor, PackedFile packedFile)

Additionally, I can see in the Assembly Kit that the table contains 30 columns, while the PFM schema only defines 28. Further, one of the column definitions in PFM is for heal_amount_duplicate, which does not appear in the Assembly Kit table; the Assembly Kit contains a column onscreen_name which does not appear in the PFM schema. I was able to add definitions for replenish_ammo and composite_scene, and those seem to work, however attempting to add a definition for onscreen_name, or replacing heal_amount_duplicate with onsceen_name, has yielded no success.

I appreciate if you're willing to update the schema to correctly define this table. I would appreciate it even moreso if you could provide instructions for updating the schema, including how to identify what columns are defined in a table, in what order (compared to Assembly Kit), and what data types they're using. I would also appreciate some insight into resolving the error I describe above, as it may not be the result of an incorrectly defined schema.

Quote Originally Posted by Millimidget View Post
    Hello Layrnja and anyone else working to keep PFM updated.

I am currently working on a Warhammer II mod which edits the special_abilities_phases table. Schema 120 is unable to open this table. I was able to edit the schema file using the table defines I found in the PFM DecodeTool, however I am now encountering the following error when attempting to load the table.

Failed to open data: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at DBTableControl.DBEditorTableControl.CreateTable(DBFile table)
    at DBTableControl.DBEditorTableControl.set_CurrentPackedFile(PackedFile value)
    at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.OpenPackedFile(IPackedFileEditor editor, PackedFile packedFile)

Additionally, I can see in the Assembly Kit that the table contains 30 columns, while the PFM schema only defines 28. Further, one of the column definitions in PFM is for heal_amount_duplicate, which does not appear in the Assembly Kit table; the Assembly Kit contains a column onscreen_name which does not appear in the PFM schema. I was able to add definitions for replenish_ammo and composite_scene, and those seem to work, however attempting to add a definition for onscreen_name, or replacing heal_amount_duplicate with onsceen_name, has yielded no success.

I appreciate if you're willing to update the schema to correctly define this table. I would appreciate it even moreso if you could provide instructions for updating the schema, including how to identify what columns are defined in a table, in what order (compared to Assembly Kit), and what data types they're using. I would also appreciate some insight into resolving the error I describe above, as it may not be the result of an incorrectly defined schema.
    I'm going to assume you meant "special_ability_phases_tables" instead of "special_abilities_phases_tables" since the first exists in the master schema and the second doesn't. Since I don't have Warhammer 2 I'll assume you're looking at version 31 since that is the table with 28 columns. If this isn't the case and the table has a different version then you will either have to wait for Larynja to help, decode the table yourself since it sounds like it isn't working (If you don't know how to decode tables, I intend to write a tutorial on how to decode tutorials after the next PFM release which I will hopefully have done sometime this week), or send me the information necessary for me to decode the table myself (I'll include a list of what I would need to decode the table myself at the bottom of the post just in case you decide to send that information). Now for a bit of background on what you have said, I honestly don't know which heal_amount column is actually heal_amount; that column appeared in Warhammer 1 and even with a table exported from DAVE with unique values in each column those columns are identical. The onscreen_name column from DAVE is a localised column, its value is placed in the localisation files on export from DAVE, not the table. Unfortunately, that portion of PFM's code is complex enough that it's hard to know what is the null value causing the error just from the exception and I want to finish getting the release out before trying to hunt that down. What did you change in the schema before that error started showing up?

For me to decode the table myself, I would need: the table's version number (which can be found near the bottom of the decode tool in PFM for the table), screenshots of the table in DAVE with a unique value in each cell for one row (or multiple rows if there are more than two booleans in the table), screenshots of the schema in DAVE (specifically I need to be able to read the contents of the Key, Field Name, Table Relationship, Field Relationship, and possibly Lookup Fields if one of DAVE's quirks shows up), a copy of the edited table exported from DAVE (To export the table from DAVE I tend to go to Export->Export Single Tables then select and export the table (of course after applying the changes to the table). Then it is necessary to open BOB, select Data's checkbox from the Retail Data column, and hit the start button. This will create a mod.pack file in the "Total War WARHAMMER 2\assembly_kit\retail\data\" folder (with Total War WARHAMMER 2 referring to the folder where Warhammer 2 is installed)).

Hello Genreless. Thank you for your response.

Yes, I do mean special_ability_phases_tables. I caught myself making that same error when renaming a CSV file for import into DAVE. If I'm reading the DecodeTool correctly, it's up to version 33.

I really look forward to your guide on decoding tables, as it's the best solution for me. I wasn't able to find any good resources on this; the list of what you need to decode a table is the most comprehensive resource I've seen so far. I was able to use RustedPFM to access the table in the meantime.

As far as supplying the data to you, I know how to locate everything except the DAVE schema. I would also need to build a unique set of records in DAVE. I appreciate the offer, but I would rather read your guide and learn to decode it myself, and then post the new table info here.

Schema 121 is now out along with beta support for Thrones of Britannia. Schema 121 incorporates the changes for Thrones of Britannia found in Dresden's Thrones of Britannia schema thread and corrects some minor errors in schema 120. For full details on today's release see the post in the main update thread.

Schema 122 is now out. It accompanies the Thrones of Britannia support leaving beta. The only change from 121 is the inclusion of the "maxVersions_ToB.xml" file. If you spot any errors in the Thrones of Britannia schemas the PFM team would appreciate it if the community contributes a corrected version since at the moment none of us have a copy of Thrones of Britannia. For those who want to know how to decode schemas, a tutorial is now linked in my signature.

I accidentally forgot to update the schema version number with schemas 121 and 122. Their zip files now have the updated version number so the auto-updater should now know when the schemas are up to date.

I am having trouble opening unit_special_ability_effects in R2TW, the file appears to be either empty. Is this an unused file for Rome 2 or is something wrong with my schema? I have 122.

For clarity I am trying to allow my phalanxes to draw out to four ranks deep, instead of being limited to eight.

unit_special_ability_effects_tables is a blue table meaning that it is empty by default. Upon looking at my notes it is empty in both Rome 2 and Attila and it doesn't appear in Shogun 2 or Warhammer 1. It also doesn't have an entry in DAVE for Rome 2 or Attila so there is no way to generate a non-empty table for it to determine what its schema might be.

EDIT: About your question about changing phalanx depth. I don't believe it is possible since I think the assumed formation behavior is hard-coded and not in the pack files. The closest I have seen is people messing with pike phalanx animations so rear rows visibly attack.
    Last edited by Genreless; December 28, 2018 at 11:54 AM.

Thank you, back to looking I guess.
    Do you know by chance where the field "assume_specific_behavior" in the unit_special_abilities_tables leads? I have looked into the animations files and every other file I can think of but I cannot find it's source.

The "assume_specific_behaviour" column references "special_abilities_specific_behaviour_types_tables," which is a list of the different hard-coded formations in Rome 2. To my knowledge it is not in any pack files, but is visible if you open DAVE. Since you responded while I was confirming a few things I thought I remembered, I'll just repeat that I'm pretty sure most of the assumed formation behavior is hard-coded in Total War games but I could be wrong since I have seen people try to modify how many rows of pikes attack in pike phalanxes by modifying their animations and spacing.

Thank you very much, downloading the assembly kit right now.

I was having a problem with PFM not reading the agent table in the latest build. After I pasted these lines in PFM read the file.

</table>
    <table table_name='agents_tables'
    table_version='0' >
    <field name='key' type='string' />
    <field name='move_points' type='int' />
    <field name='line_of_sight' type='int' />
    <field name='zone_of_control' type='int' />
    <field name='is_playable' type='boolean' />
    <field name='animation_type' type='string' />
    <field name='portrait' type='optstring' />
    <field name='spawnable' type='boolean' />
    <field name='attribute' type='string' />
    <field fkey='religions_tables.religion_key' name='religion' type='optstring' />
    <field name='faction_total_cap' type='int' />
    </table>

Thanks

Err for Empire wish they had a edit post feature.