Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PFM Schema Update Thread

Default Re: PFM Schema Update Thread

The tables have the standard headers, but there are no data rows in them. My guess is either CA started work on the tables and the tables made it into the release build, but the tables were never fully implemented to be functional, or CA implemented the tables, but didn't wind up using the tables and a bug in DAVE's export settings prevents us from exporting a table with data so we can determine what columns are included in them. That being said, it looks like the tables are marked as implemented in DAVE's table of implemented tables (which has been known to be wrong pretty regularly), and what is displayed in DAVE as the tables' contents looks the same as the version two schema minus a column, so here is what I think the tables' schemas ought to be, though I can't confirm that the schemas work, so I'll post them here in case you want to test them and get back to me, but they won't be added to the official schema at this time.
    Code:
      <table table_name='political_actions_dilemma_junctions_tables'
             table_version='1' >
        <field fkey='dilemmas_tables.key' name='dilemma' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field fkey='political_actions_tables.political_action_key' name='political_action' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field name='weighting' type='int' />
      </table>
      <table table_name='political_actions_incidents_junctions_tables'
             table_version='1' >
        <field fkey='incidents_tables.key' name='incident' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field fkey='political_actions_tables.political_action_key' name='political_action' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
      </table>
      <table table_name='political_actions_mission_junctions_tables'
             table_version='1' >
        <field fkey='missions_tables.key' name='mission' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
      </table>
    Last edited by Genreless; October 01, 2018 at 08:15 AM. Reason: clarifying an excess of pronouns

Also I forgot to mention, blue tables aren't necessarily not decrypted, what the blue highlight means is that at least one of the tables in the folder has no data rows in it.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

thank you.
    I've added those lines at the bottom before </schema> and then positioned by alphabetical order with notepad ++ as i always did with other similar updates but the tables are still empty.
    I really don't want to bother you more than this, obviously that's not a life/death situation, so i'll return back trying linking them via scripted events hoping to find a working way.
    Much obliged
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 02, 2018 at 09:55 AM.

What exactly is a schema.. I have Pack File Manager 5.0.2,, and if so, how do i enter these in?/?.. or am i ooff track!

The master schema file is located in the same folder as PFM. It is an XML file containing (almost) all the schema that PFM uses. Each schema is a short text block telling PFM how to interpret a specific table so it can be opened without looking like nonsense. All the schema updates I post that I am confident in I throw into the official schema updates which PFM's auto-updater should automatically download for you (assuming you chose to leave it enabled the first time you ran PFM). Occasionally, there might be a schema that I'm not very confident in (because some schema are difficult to confirm their correct contents for various reasons) that I post because someone requested it, which can be copied into the master schema file. If you edit the master schema file, I would recommend keeping a duplicate copy of the schema you add to it because the auto-updater overwrites the master schema file when it finds a new schema version to download.

All of the sudden I get error when trying to open it. Says fail to load the DBE. Any thoughts? thx
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

All the schemas work for me, so I would recommend re-downloading the schema and extracting it into PFM's folder. Otherwise it may have been caused if you edited the master schema and accidentally created a formatting error. A third potential problem is if you try opening multiple versions of PFM simultaneously before the others are open, it can reserve access to the schema file and cause them to fail to load.

Schema 118 released today, should work properly with the Curse of the Vampire Coast dlc.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Question: there are still many "unknown" column with PFM. Why not use the Assembly Kit to get the missing ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Question: there are still many "unknown" column with PFM. Why not use the Assembly Kit to get the missing ones?
    Are you refering to anything specific? Like a specific game, or table?
    As far as I know, Genreless is atm updating the schemas for Shogun2, Empire and Napoleon.
    Otherwise feel free to provide us with any updated named schema columns you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynja View Post
    Schema 118 released today, should work properly with the Curse of the Vampire Coast dlc.

hello, I downloaded the schema 118 and extracted it so that it would replace the existing ones, however I am still getting some red tables (ones I cant access)
    what would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by shamuscle View Post
    hello, I downloaded the schema 118 and extracted it so that it would replace the existing ones, however I am still getting some red tables (ones I cant access)
    what would you recommend?
    Which ones?

Which ones?
    I have uninstalled everything and am in the process of re-installing. there were quite a few off the top of my head agent subtypes was the first. I will try again after re-installing and let you know specifics

Which ones?

agent_actions_tables
    agent_subtype_military_force_creation_overides_tables
    agent_subtypes_tables
    audio_group_sounds_tables
    audio_metadata_tags_tables
    audio_vo_actor_groups_tables
    autoresolver_unit_record_usage_flags_tables
    battle_catchment_override_battle_mappings_tables
    battle_context_unit_ability_junctions_tables
    battle_set_pieces_tables
    battle_vortex_composite_scene_group_to_scenes_tables
    battle_vortex_composite_scene_groups_tables
    battlefield_engines_tables
    battles_tables
    campaign_agent_subtype_battle_tags_tables
    campaign_battle_scenes_tables
    campaign_group_agent_action_foreign_slots_tables
    campaign_group_member_criteria_involves_settlements_tables
    campaign_group_member_criteria_on_seas_tables
    campaign_group_settlement_occupation_option_foreign_slots_tables
    campaign_storm_types_tables
    campaign_storms_tables
    campaign_string_variables_tables
    cultures_tables
    custom_battle_factions_tables
    effect_bonus_value_battle_context_unit_ability_junctions_tables
    effect_bonus_value_missile_weapon_junctions_tables
    frontend_faction_leaders_tables
    frontend_factions_tables
    military_force_types_tables
    ministerial_positions_tables
    political_parties_tables
    slot_set_items_tables
    slot_sets_tables
    subtitle_timings_tables
    treasure_hunt_extra_informations_tables
    unit_missile_weapon_junctions_tables

these are still in red.
    uninstalling helping a lot but these are still not working

Here is a report to help you.
    Mainly for TW:WH2.

This tables have one or more "unknown" column :

battle_vortex_tables : "unknow25"
    special_ability_phases_tables : "unknown28" + "unknown29"
    unit_special_abilities_tables : "unknown46" + "unknown47"

This tables are raising an exception(NullReferenceException) in PFM(unable to open DB file, so it could have some unknown column too) :

building_chains_tables
    cai_personalities_tables
    cdir_events_incident_payloads_tables
    warscapee_animated_lod_tables

Hope it'll help you

Here some schema updated (i don't known if its well done)

took from assembly_kit xml file.
    I put version++ of the current higher version of master_schema(PFM)

<table table_name='special_ability_phases_tables'
    table_version='34' >
    <field name='duration' type='float' />
    <field name='effect_type' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='id' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
    <field name='requested_stance' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='unbreakable' type='boolean' />
    <field name='cant_move' type='boolean' />
    <field name='freeze_fatigue' type='boolean' />
    <field name='fatigue_change_ratio' type='float' />
    <field name='ability_recharge_change' type='float' />
    <field name='hp_change_frequency' type='float' />
    <field name='heal_amount' type='int' />
    <field name='damage_chance' type='float' />
    <field name='damage_amount' type='int' />
    <field name='resurrect' type='boolean' />
    <field name='mana_regen_mod' type='float' />
    <field name='mana_max_depletion_mod' type='float' />
    <field name='imbue_magical' type='boolean' />
    <field name='imbue_ignition' type='int' />
    <field name='imbue_contact' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='phase_display' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='phase_audio' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='recharge_time' type='float' />
    <field name='is_hidden_in_ui' type='boolean' />
    <field name='affects_allies' type='boolean' />
    <field name='affects_enemies' type='boolean' />
    <field name='max_damaged_entities' type='float' />
    <field fkey='composite_scene_files_tables.scene_filepath' name='composite_scene_group' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='onscreen_name' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='replenish_ammo' type='int' />
    <field name='inspiration_aura_range_mod' type='int' />
    </table>
    <table table_name='battle_vortexs_tables'
    table_version='16' >
    <field name='change_max_angle' type='int' />
    <field fkey='special_ability_phases_tables.id' name='contact_effect' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='damage' type='int' />
    <field name='damage_ap' type='int' />
    <field name='duration' type='float' />
    <field name='expansion_speed' type='float' />
    <field name='goal_radius' type='float' />
    <field name='infinite_height' type='boolean' />
    <field name='move_change_freq' type='float' />
    <field name='movement_speed' type='float' />
    <field name='start_radius' type='float' />
    <field name='vortex_key' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
    <field name='ignition_amount' type='float' />
    <field name='is_magical' type='boolean' />
    <field fkey='composite_scene_files_tables.scene_filepath' name='composite_scene' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='detonation_force' type='float' />
    <field fkey='battle_vortex_launch_sources_tables.suggested_launch_source' name='launch_source' type='string_ascii' />
    <field name='building_collision' type='string_ascii' />
    <field fkey='particle_effects_tables.key' name='launch_vfx' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='height_off_ground' type='float' />
    <field name='delay' type='float' />
    <field name='num_vortexes' type='int' />
    <field fkey='composite_scene_files_tables.scene_filepath' name='composite_scene_blood' type='optstring_ascii' />
    <field name='affects_allies' type='boolean' />
    <field name='launch_source_offset' type='float' />
    <field fkey='composite_scene_files_tables.scene_filepath' name="composite_scene_group" type='optstring_ascii' />
    </table>
    You should check that everything is good(just in case, never did that before)

N.B : After updating the master_schema, and restarted PFM, those 2 tables are raising NullReferenceException (like the one mentioned in the previous post)

Time to go bed for me I hope it will help you a bit.

Schema 119 is now released. It includes Larynja's changes to incorporate the new Warhammer 2 tables from the new patch and my passes over the schemas for Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2. This also concludes my passes over the table schemas for all the Total War games prior to Warhammer 2. Since I don't own any Total War games after Warhammer 1, I can't personally work on the schemas for the later Total War games. If anyone in the community wants to contribute to helping verify the completeness and accuracy of the schemas for the newer Total War games, I would welcome anyone who wants to contribute and I would be willing to write a guide on how to fix the schemas if they need it. My next two planned tasks are to post my list of PFM bugs to be fixed to our issue tracker, for which I apologise since I can't figure out how to remove it from the update feeds and it will be very spammy, and to work on officially incorporating support for Thrones of Britannia, which I also don't own, so I will be reliant on the community to provide the necessary information to enable its inclusion in PFM and to provide the schemas necessary for the Thones of Britannia tables.

To my knowledge, PFM keeps track of the following information about each game in PFM's directory:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• An icon: Traditionally PFM has overlaid each game's icon over a gear icon to create the icon we use for each game. This isn't critical because I can always be lazy and reuse Warhammer 2's icon, but it would still be nice if someone could provide me with it so the tradition can be continued.
    • Header Version: What version of header the game's pack files use by default. It is indicated by the first four bytes of each pack file encoded as an ascii string and indicates what format the pack file's header uses. If it is "PFH5" or a greater number, it might help me to get my hands on a few specific pack files so I can verify whether any notable changes were made to the header since "PFH4", though I expect Thrones of Britannia uses "PFH4" because that is what Attila used and the community seems to have been using Attila's settings as a default while PFM lacked an official implementation of support for Thrones of Britannia. This information can be provided either by someone who checks a pack file and tells me the value, or by someone forwarding me a Thrones of Britannia pack file (technically a pack file output by Thrones of Britannia's DAVE would also work, but I don't feel comfortable checking mods myself in case an inconsistency in PFH value arose from it being modified using PFM).
    • Steam ID: Is used for determining install location. I already have this because it is easy to find.
    • Setting Directory Name: The directory that contains the game's script files. It looks like it this information was mainly used to edit what mods a game loaded for Shogun 2 and earlier; I don't know that it has a purpose for modern Total War games, but we still keep track of it, and thus I feel I should properly include it to forgo possible bugs. It is typically located in: "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\<The name of the folder PFM stores>\". We only need to know the name CA used to identify the game's folder, not the steps leading to it. If you don't see the AppData folder in your user folder, that is because it is marked as a hidden folder by Windows by default because it is generally used to store program settings and files that users don't tend to interact with.

There are the following known inconsistencies in schema 119 that I lack information to fix, and will thus remain:

The following tables are used by Empire and/or Napoleon, but they predate public copies of DAVE, and thus I have no official list of what is in them and will not be trying to test them soon:

• _kv_morale_ext_tables
    • _kv_rules_ext_tables
    • battle_terrain_farm_walls_tables
    • battle_terrain_set_climates_jcts_tables
    • battle_terrain_set_groupings_tables
    • battle_terrain_sets_tables
    • building_research_thread_junction_tables
    • building_resources_junction_tables
    • campaign_anim_action_to_sets_tables
    • campaign_anim_sets_tables
    • campaign_anim_transitions_tables
    • campaign_anims_tables
    • campaign_map_famous_battles_tables
    • commodity_slot_junction_tables
    • disaster_to_ground_types_tables
    • disasters_tables
    • diseases_tables
    • events_to_policies_junction_tables
    • family_trees_tables
    • lighting_setups_tables
    • mission_effects_tables
    • mission_sources_tables
    • missions_tables (is significantly different than the version used by Shogun 2 and later)
    • policies_tables
    • population_class_to_applicable_effects_tables
    • special_edition_enums_tables
    • technology_threads_tables
    • trade_theatre_commodities_tables
    • trait_ability_effects_tables
    • trait_attribute_situation_effects_tables
    • trait_to_excluded_cultures_tables
    • trees_climates_jct_tables
    • unit_stats_land_tables (is different from Shogun 2's version and could use verification)
    • unit_stats_naval_experience_bonuses_tables (needs in-game verification)
    • units_to_special_editions_juncs_tables
    • warscape_naval_lod_tables

The following tables are used by Shogun 2, but are not in DAVE:

• incident_heading_texts_tables (also used by Rome 2 and Attila)
    • trees_tables (also used by by Rome 2 and Attila)

The following tables are used by Rome 2 or later, but are empty and can't be exported by DAVE (or have no DAVE entry so I can't be confident in their labels if they aren't empty):

• cai_personalities_task_management_system_task_generator_profiles_strategic_contexts_junctions_tables
    • cdir_army_template_ratios_tables
    • f2p tables (all)
    • missile_weapons_models_tables
    • names_forts (I technically have a Shogun 2 version to reference, but can't confirm the newer versions are the same due to empty tables and no DAVE entries from games with empty tables.)
    • political_actions_dilemma_junctions_tables (no reference for Rome 2)
    • political_actions_incidents_junctions_tables (no reference for Rome 2)
    • political_actions_mission_junctions_tables (no reference for Rome 2)
    • trade_display_campaign_originating_culture_produced_resource_trade_model_options_tables
    • trade_display_campaign_originating_subculture_produced_resource_trade_model_options_tables
    • trait_attribute_effects_tables (I technically have a Shogun 2 version to reference, but can't confirm the newer versions are the same due to empty tables and no DAVE entries from games with empty tables.)
    • unit_class_to_population_class_priorities_tables (I technically have a Shogun 2 version to reference, but can't confirm the newer versions are the same due to empty tables and no DAVE entries from games with empty tables.)
    • unit_special_ability_effects_tables
    • unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions_tables (I technically have a Shogun 2 version to reference, but can't confirm the newer versions are the same due to empty tables and no DAVE entries from games with empty tables.)
    • unit_voice_events_junctions_tables (I technically have a Shogun 2 version to reference, but can't confirm the newer versions are the same due to empty tables and no DAVE entries from games with empty tables.)
    • units_tables (I technically have a Shogun 2 version to reference, but can't confirm the newer versions are the same due to empty tables and no DAVE entries from games with empty tables.)
    • voice_events_tables
    • warscape_trees_tables (also used by Shogun 2)

Many models_*_tables, particularly the ones that contain lists. Because these tables frequently contain model data exported from parsed files, they don't match their DAVE entries and are typically not practical to modify in PFM anyway. Thus I am not making them a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon View Post
    Here some schema updated (i don't known if its well done)

took from assembly_kit xml file.
    I put version++ of the current higher version of master_schema(PFM)

You should check that everything is good(just in case, never did that before)

N.B : After updating the master_schema, and restarted PFM, those 2 tables are raising NullReferenceException (like the one mentioned in the previous post)

Time to go bed for me I hope it will help you a bit.
    thankyou for all your help, very much appreciated! I will will try this out and post on how it works out for me, may help others in the future

Ahoy TW Modding Captains!

Huge fan of all your efforts to bring up the game and the community with ways to immerse and tailor ones gameplay for each's fullest enjoyment. I know life can move a lot of modders to not be able to update their mods any more, and I am totally understanding of that... that being said, some mods are just so awesome and a enormous part of the way I choose to enjoy my gameplay that I figure I should just go in myself and make the mods/adjustments I want instead of waiting on a workshop mod that has fallen into the update graveyard...

Now the dilemma, I want to start modding and editing tables to do things like 1 turn Buildings, Tech, and Recruitment for both AI and Player... and I cam here to download the Pack File Manager.... but no matter which version or how many different ways and route to download it I keep getting the same problem.... after I unzip... I go click on PackFileManager application 301KB and then a window prompt opens up to for me to enter a directory and 'point to location of TWH2" of which I say
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II then I hit cancel all the other the other window prompts for the games I do not have.... and Every single time I am met with this next Error Window...

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Capta\Documents\Program Installers AcrossTheLinePC\TW Warhammer Addtl Programs\Pack File Manager 5.0.2'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, StringmaybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.SetCurrentDirectory(String path)

at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm..ctor(String args)

at PackFileManager.Program.Main(String args)

I am running Windows 10

Please any help would be greatly appreciated, have no clue how to trouble shoot this. Thank you all for your time to read this.

**Tiphat* *

Capt'n Sanguin

Quote Originally Posted by _Sanguin_ View Post
    Ahoy TW Modding Captains!
    Now the dilemma, I want to start modding and editing tables to do things like 1 turn Buildings, Tech, and Recruitment for both AI and Player... and I cam here to download the Pack File Manager.... but no matter which version or how many different ways and route to download it I keep getting the same problem.... after I unzip... I go click on PackFileManager application 301KB and then a window prompt opens up to for me to enter a directory and 'point to location of TWH2" of which I say
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II then I hit cancel all the other the other window prompts for the games I do not have.... and Every single time I am met with this next Error Window...

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Capta\Documents\Program Installers AcrossTheLinePC\TW Warhammer Addtl Programs\Pack File Manager 5.0.2'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, StringmaybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.SetCurrentDirectory(String path)

at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm..ctor(String args)

at PackFileManager.Program.Main(String args)

I am running Windows 10

Please any help would be greatly appreciated, have no clue how to trouble shoot this. Thank you all for your time to read this.
    Hmm... that's my first time seeing an error like that so I'll resort to my standard question since I can't think of anything else. Have you installed the .NET framework and if so which version?