Thread: Converting to Mesh and merging not working properly after reinstalling everything on new drive

Icon8 Converting to Mesh and merging not working properly after reinstalling everything on new drive

A while ago I replaced my HDD with a SDD and had to reinstall allot of stuff, Now im having problems with merging meshes and converting them back to .mesh.
    The problems are rather strange to me given how reliably everything was working before.
    Firstly when merging the second item being merged always has its bone weights all washed around, some of the vertexes will be weighted to the wrong bone some loose there weights all together(and its completely random) when iv fixed this and ready to convert to .mesh zarathos's toolbox will tell me there are unweighted vertexes, this is false cus I selected everything and weighted them to a single bone just to make sure I wasn't going crazy.
    GOAT will "successfully" convert but in game the entire model has had its bone weights washed around just like with the first problem. For whatever reason when Zarathos's toolbox does successfully convert the game crashes on startup, Iv tested this on several models both old edited ones of mine and fresh ones from mods.

And Iv completely run out of ideas at this point.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Converting to Mesh and merging not working properly after reinstalling everything on new drive

GOAT work with python, right? Does it have the same limit as other python application here, eg beyond a certain python version things go wrong? It's for that reason that I have the quote underneath anyhow. See if that fixes your problem, eg uninstall the version you have now and install this version:
    Make sure you have a Python version less then 2.7 installed, else install from the applicable download link
    Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.6) - for 'regular' operating system
    Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (2.6.6) - for 64 bit operating system

Default Re: Converting to Mesh and merging not working properly after reinstalling everything on new drive

Not sure why it wasnt working I installed what I thought was python 2.5 and 2.7 but installing it a third time has fixed it. but thanks.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Great to hear it got fixed for you.