Thread: DLV6.2+BB No markets, drill squares or offspring, is this a bug or a feature?

Default DLV6.2+BB No markets, drill squares or offspring, is this a bug or a feature?

Okay I had one month time (problem) installing deus lo vult .. nothing worked.. 6.0 crashed all the time I tried every trick. I had no problems back in the day. no ctd no problems I even mod myself Im not a newbie.. But now..

I finally managed to get dlv work with the bb on it but alas...

I've ran into a problem which is: I cannot build any grain stores or markets or fair grounds, nor can I build anything besides the very first barracks or town watch. Now this prevents me from building bigger cities or castles..

ALSO I've now pushed several campaigns to 100 turns on purpose and I have lots of provinces.. yet ZERO offspring. They are not breeding.

And what is also troubling the AI is extremely passive. It is not doing its thing. Even the old deus lo vult 3.2 was much better except I like certain places (hell even all)

Cities having stoned walls.. maybe not all of them like it is in this version but....

Sincerely... is this a feature? I already have enough governmental points and levels and I cant build even grain stores.. there are no merchants and no offspring... is this a new deus lo vult feature?

ps: even this version crashes all the time. I have uac turned off EVERYTHING is in place the installation is exact and not corrupt.. What is going on here?

I want deus lo vult with offspring and ability to upgrade cities and castles and build merchants.. okay the hell with merchants but still..

Anyone??? what the hell is going on ?? and what is this ctd fest.. every 33% to 50% I end battle or turn its instant CTD no matter what settings.

I never had any problems what so ever.. I watched the plantagenet history series I Was soooo excited to play this and I paid 30 euros for old cds and waited one annoying month to install .... this.. what ever this is..

Maybe I should just try stainless steel.... I love this but ... where are the offsprings??? why cant I build barracks or markets?? why AI is so passive???

Help please.

Default Re: DLV6.2+BB No markets, drill squares or offspring, is this a bug or a feature?

From reading the first page of the battlefield balanced, most of your problems don't seem to be bugs. The first spoiler in the thread, Some gameplay changing features since DLV.
    About the many crashes, it's not necessary the mods that are to blame. People playing with windows 10 seem to experience more problems than those with previous windows, for example. There is a program that can improve stability on new os and machines but I can't point you to it because of legal stuffs I think. Just search for "laa, making m2tw work with more than 2GB of ram"
    About the offsprings, it is hardcoded and no mods can change how it works. Your FM should have kids, except if you adopt too much, or recruit too many general units. (Does BB allow it?) Even if they don't appear in the family tree, they count toward the hard coded limit of generals by settlement number. If you want natural childrens for sure, the best is to not recruit generals, suicide the husbands of your otherwise useless daugthers and such.
    I don't have those mods downloaded to look further in the files right now but from BB thread:
    Merchants have been removed to balance economy.
    Your building problems might be link to this Defense Spending system.
    The ai have been reworked to make more trusted allied but depending on many parameters, it can also make it very passive when it come to wars.

And finally, I don't see why you could not play with DLV 6.2 only. True I didn't play this mod or any other for years but it hasn't changed since 6.2. If it doesn't launch or you have random crashes that aren't always at the same time, the bug come more likely from your OS/computer hardware or the like.

Default Re: DLV6.2+BB No markets, drill squares or offspring, is this a bug or a feature?

I seem to have solved most of the problems. The files were somehow messed up. I deleted some extra meaningless files (I had no previous installations) and I modified some other files
    now I am getting offsprings, the AI is really darth vader I like it and it is doing its thing on the campaign map. Also now the governmental points work without any problems I get the new buildings etc, I also hadweird texture issue but I solved that too.

However I still get a lot of CTD I'm using win7 it is really adapted to running older games, I can run any old game be that red alert 1, I can mod them to work easily with win7 and any other game. There is not an old game that does not work with the newer os'
    I will take a look at that making m2tw work with more than 2gb ram.

I'm running from a really scratched gold cd could this cause the ctds? I sometimes have to try 20 times for the driver to regz the disk.. Could this cause the crashes? But when it does recognize the cd it stays that way. I tried all the graphic settings and all.
    It's a truly fantastic mod I cant even comprehend I spoke of stainless steel before lol. But something has to be done with the CTD's its too much.. Epic town siege minute to the minute against superior odds and cunning AI and wall running and I win just by few seconds a historic victory only for a ctd to snatch it away. I can always cheat the win but the units wont get same experience and traits and it doesnt feel the same x) ... I'll try your advise thank you.

Glad you solved most of your gameplay issues. I am not looking to get bannish or anything but I also happen to own a legal gold edition and the few times my cds are in the drive are if I uninstalled the game before, I have to let you guess on that it seem. I would prefer to repay extra for a cd version too rather than giving a cent to steam. Anyways, I play on windows 7 64 bit and don't have much stability problems if it help. I can test some modding I do on a big mod like DBM for a few hours without random crashes for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by emil.rome View Post
    I seem to have solved most of the problems. The files were somehow messed up. I deleted some extra meaningless files (I had no previous installations) and I modified some other files
    now I am getting offsprings, the AI is really darth vader I like it and it is doing its thing on the campaign map. Also now the governmental points work without any problems I get the new buildings etc, I also hadweird texture issue but I solved that too.
    Hello. I am interested what files did you delete and modify because I have similar problem where there are only basic barracks and no markets and passive AI.

I believe it was an extra dlv.ext at the main folder and I did tweak many many other places from old memory I could tell you these if I was at my own (offline computer) I'm at a library atm. I can get back to you after weekend and try to remember the places where I went. I did edit the preferences too but I dont think that solved any AI issues. Also the datapack was empty I did something with that too..

I do have legit gold copy , I have even old non gold copy legit. And an extra steam legit copy. But no internet so I cant install it.

Could someone relate if a scratched cd could cause these ctd's?

I believe the AI is a bit passive in the start it has to do with dlv, its a doubleedged sword they camp for awhile just like the player is supposed to and then they go on about it.

The non BB version had extra option for the AI for total war no civ style. That option is missing from the dlv + bb version.. They can all be tweaked but I cant help more without seeing the files and I have to use this library for now.

I will be checking into the files and I will post here next monday.

ps: Shouldn't this all work without being have to mod these things in the first place? I mean I used deus lo vult 3.2 before that worked like a charm. NO CTD. NONE. Only with dlv 6.0 and 6.2 and now with 6.2 + bb.. there is an easy solution it just requires someone more intelligent and someone with way more modding experience to reveal this information

''Hello. I am interested what files did you delete and modify because I have similar problem where there are only basic barracks and no markets and passive AI''

Are you sure you have enough governmental points? or military ones? I had those but the buildings still didnt pop up lol. Im glad they do now. I cant understand how the files were messed I thoroughly cleaned the previous installation from all the places appdata everywhere registry keys.

Thank you Emil for reply. I will await for your availability here to show me what did you change. I was messing a bit with some files modding them - like disabling inquisitors' trait to denounce and changing the King's purse for England or some other strat. things. I did not have enough points since it was the beginning of the game but the main problem for me are the rebels and weak starting forces. It breaks the game completely. When I changed strat. things about rebels the game was broken. How to get rid of them?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by emil.rome View Post
    ALSO I've now pushed several campaigns to 100 turns on purpose and I have lots of provinces.. yet ZERO offspring. They are not breeding.

Maybe I should just try stainless steel.... I love this but ... where are the offsprings??? why cant I build barracks or markets?? why AI is so passive???

Help please.
    MIght be a late hint, but some info about management of management tree is here - pertinent to any mod.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!