Thread: 10 year SPQR player looking for similar style mods in other TW games

Default 10 year SPQR player looking for similar style mods in other TW games

After not playing SPQR for various reasons (job, Windows not allowing disc version, etc) I finally got around the playing this mod again for the first time in years and man has it ages well. I blinked and next thing I knew, 8 hours of my Saturday has gone to this brutally attritional mod.

But I'd really like to play either Rome 2 or Attila so was wondering if anyone knows of any mods where the gameplay is the focus and battles are lengthy just like SPQR.

Divide et Impera looks great but I'm not sure about battles. I remember trying out Roma Surectum back in the day because the mod was so pretty but always found myself coming back to SPQR because of the gameplay.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 10 year SPQR player looking for similar style mods in other TW games

TO be honest your only real option is DEI, they did speed things up in later versions however turning me off it completely. Quite frankly, nothing on the warscape engine can remotely come close to RS2 and SPQR, trust me ive looked and looked.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Default Re: 10 year SPQR player looking for similar style mods in other TW games

I agree COMPLETELY with you. The modern versions are lacking so much compared to the old better days of gaming. Graphics are more realistic, but gameplay not as good. Fallout 3 is a prime example compared to Fallout 4.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Really! I haven't left SPQR for 11 years! Lt_1956 must have put a "witchcraft" in this game ... lol
    And I've played literally all of Rome: Total War Hosted Modifications ...
    SPQR THE BEST!

Last edited by verenuspulo; February 28, 2020 at 07:28 PM.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

I'm still playing myself, just kicked the Greeks out of Syracuse for the 100th time yesterday!
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Just dropped by to say hi, it has been a long time since the last time i played this awesome mod, i really missed those long and satisfying battles and came back due to quarantine lol.

can't wait to face hannibal again after so many years(7 or 8 i think damn i'm old).

p.s. i even have almost all the games for Total War series and believe me graphics is not everything gameplay wise this modification is way better than rome 2 game trust me i regret purchasing it.

Thanks for the kind words!
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004