Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogue Armies you've encountered

Default Re: Rogue Armies you've encountered

I've encounter a rogue Empire army that had empire units and 2 orc units, I think their name was Free Mercenaries.
    Last edited by kanzy; October 15, 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Celestial Storm
    Lizardman general guy I think spawned in north west corner of map near boiling sea. Don't know what units they have but they conquered 15 cities, smashed the dark elves and now have a trade agreement with maliketh.

DoomSeekers
    Dwarf Lord with a dwarf units. Mostly doomseekers, couple gyros, flame thrower guys and cannon. Spawned in Nagaryeth in Ulthwan.

Beastcatchas
    Goblin dude. Don't know where he spawned.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Peacemaker View Post
    Celestial Storm
    Lizardman general guy I think spawned in north west corner of map near boiling sea. Don't know what units they have but they conquered 15 cities, smashed the dark elves and now have a trade agreement with maliketh.

DoomSeekers
    Dwarf Lord with a dwarf units. Mostly doomseekers, couple gyros, flame thrower guys and cannon. Spawned in Nagaryeth in Ulthwan.

Beastcatchas
    Goblin dude. Don't know where he spawned.
    The Celestial Storm is a mix of mostly Kroxigors and Dragon Ogres. Probably the single most dangerous rogue army you could face in the early game outside of the pyrotechnics
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

I had about a 500 turn campaign with Tyrion, and I'm about 300 turns into my Malekith campaign.

As Tyrion, I think a rogue army spawned every thirty to forty turns (that's just an estimate), and sometimes more than one. So I'd say I think I encountered between 15 and 20 rogue armies? And like everyone else, I was sometimes surprised to see an Empire commander with Black Orcs in his retinue. As Malekith it has been largely the same.

The only thing that really bugs me about rogue armies is that they're so unmotivated. I can understand the idea of wanting to increase the challenge of the game by constantly forcing your armies to run back to Ulthuan (or any random place they spawn) to defend minor cities, but I'd appreciate some sort of story world explanation.

Like what if sacking a province increases the chance of refugees and/or rogue armies appearing, and maybe a short explanation could pop on screen? They could even designate certain rogue armies appearing in provinces so it feels less random, and more grounded in the story world (Instead of having a bunch of Wood Elves suddenly appear in the Chaos Wastes -- which did happen to me when I played Malekith). I know that seems like a lot to ask, but in my opinion, it would really enrich the game and be more immersive. Maybe a modder could do it.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by lord0thief View Post
    I had about a 500 turn campaign with Tyrion, and I'm about 300 turns into my Malekith campaign.
    What the hell do you need 500 turns for?
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

I had a rogue faction that took over the entire northern africa. The name is called Jarrod's expedition or something. It has 13 grail knights! It attacks me in a desert terran. I corner camped with spearman forming a wall, a bunch of archers, and couple heroes. The grail knights actually charge my spearman head on and destroyed them. One of the grail knights is level 9 and has charge bonus over 100. Also I noticed that the AI now knows how to cycle charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    What the hell do you need 500 turns for?
    I happen to be someone who finds enjoyment in taking my time with strategy games. I know some people play for how quickly they can win, etc., but I prefer to do things more slowly over time. It makes the game more strategic rather than tactical for me. Especially since Warhammer dumbed things down from previous titles (even Rome II) and made the game more about battles.

As Tyrion, I think a rogue army spawned every thirty to forty turns (that's just an estimate), and sometimes more than one. So I'd say I think I encountered between 15 and 20 rogue armies? And like everyone else, I was sometimes surprised to see an Empire commander with Black Orcs in his retinue. As Malekith it has been largely the same.

The only thing that really bugs me about rogue armies is that they're so unmotivated. I can understand the idea of wanting to increase the challenge of the game by constantly forcing your armies to run back to Ulthuan (or any random place they spawn) to defend minor cities, but I'd appreciate some sort of story world explanation.

Like what if sacking a province increases the chance of refugees and/or rogue armies appearing, and maybe a short explanation could pop on screen? They could even designate certain rogue armies appearing in provinces so it feels less random, and more grounded in the story world (Instead of having a bunch of Wood Elves suddenly appear in the Chaos Wastes -- which did happen to me when I played Malekith). I know that seems like a lot to ask, but in my opinion, it would really enrich the game and be more immersive. Maybe a modder could do it.
    I do agree it would be more immersive to have an ingame popup when you see rogue armies and have it give some story. It doesn't take much to write up a little story behind each rogue army. And a bit more tied into the game would be good.
    I'd like certain causalities to affect the type of rogue army.
    If a region is prosperous and undefended it attracts the more raiding type armies like beastmen or dark elf corsairs.
    If a region has lots of battles happening then it attracts greenskins.

The rogue armies should reflect a bit more to the area they are in. Like I was playing High elves and some beastman/chaos army spawned on ulthuan in the inner kingdoms - it would be cooler if the army was a high elf rebellion whos reason is they want to see their kingdom of saphary free again. Lead by some noble who has some mercs in his army. Or have dark elf cults spawn.
    Whenever a inner gate of ulthuan is sacked then a random choas, greenskin, etc... army can spawn.
    Wood elves could spawn in Avalorn.

In the dark elf realm it's justifiable to have all sorts of ragtag armies with different units spawn up because it could be a slave rebellion. But call it the slave rebellion.
    The dark forrest in the dark elf realm could have higher chances to spawn beastmen or wood elf types.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I happen to be someone who finds enjoyment in taking my time with strategy games. I know some people play for how quickly they can win, etc., but I prefer to do things more slowly over time. It makes the game more strategic rather than tactical for me. Especially since Warhammer dumbed things down from previous titles (even Rome II) and made the game more about battles.

But what do you do for 500 turns? All my cities are top level by 100 turns, and that's about twice as long as it took compared to Warhammer I already. It seems like the only thing to do for 500 turns is just fight battle after battle.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    But what do you do for 500 turns? All my cities are top level by 100 turns, and that's about twice as long as it took compared to Warhammer I already. It seems like the only thing to do for 500 turns is just fight battle after battle.
    I think the minimum for the vortex campaign is 150 turns. The maximum if you take your time (like I did) 200. I reckon 500 turns must be for total conquest of the map, although even then it's a stretch
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

In first game, I usually completed the game taking the whole map in around 500 turns.

In game 2, I finished 2 campaigns around 200+ turns so if I continue to paint the map, it will take more than 500 turns.

Have no intention to do though for the vortex campaign. I'll save them for Mortal Empires.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    I think the minimum for the vortex campaign is 150 turns. The maximum if you take your time (like I did) 200. I reckon 500 turns must be for total conquest of the map, although even then it's a stretch
    Hmm, I wonder what the absolute minimum actually is.
    Play on easy, go straight for the high resource sites. ....sounds like a challenge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12