Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hassie's Small Mods

Default Hassie's Small Mods

So I created a couple mods for someone on here, and I thought I would add them here in case anyone else wanted to make use of them. They are both for Skaven players, while the second one also gives a small boost too all factions, player and computer alike.

So the first merely increases food income for the Devious Planning edict from 2 to 3, while also adding a small food production effect to the "Farm" building of the Skaven, which is called "Breeding" buildings in game I believe. They go from +1 food to +3 food for Building level 1 to Building level 3 respectively.

The second mod does everything the first mod does, while also increasing the misc income the game gives all players. The default background income I believe is 4500, and I have set it to 7300, which drastically effects early game armies and building, and tailing off as a faction grows, the income becomes less important. Smaller factions get a much better use out of it, as it is a much larger part of their total income. They have a much easier time creating and keeping more and larger armies, making them much harder to steam roll as a larger faction.

They do not take but a few minutes to create, as long as you accept that I am not making pictures for the mod to display in the mod section of the launcher, and technically I did not set the mod's version, so you must tell the launcher that you accept out of date mods. If you have any other requests for mods of this nature, I will do my best to make something that you would like for your game.

Income and Skaven Food Mod:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/va6gfzcp1n...dMod.pack?dl=0

Skaven Food Mod:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/amsdh1xnja...dMod.pack?dl=0

Default Re: Hassie's Small Mods

I do not know how to edit my post, or I would just add this mod to the first post. Until that time, I will just leave it here. This is a small loyalty mod for Skaven and Dark Elf. It gives a chance to increase the loyalty of characters in the province that the adjusted features are present. The major settlements now get this bonus, as well as an edict for both Skaven and Dark Elves has been adjusted to give this feature. The bonus is increased as you level up your major settlement. It might be too much, or not enough for some, but as I just made it for someone on here that requested something similar, I am posting it here for anyone else that would like this buff as well.

Dark Elf and Skaven Loyalty Bonus:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t7ui4hbov...yMod.pack?dl=0

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Hi Hassie, you'll receive the ability to edit yours posts, once you've made a total of 25.

Ahh, good to know! I was wondering about why I could not edit... But back on track: - Thanks for the mods Hassie!

Thank you Frunk for that information. I will continue to be active on here so as to achieve that goal.

Also I would like to take this opportunity to post another couple of mods that were requested and made. These mods, like most that are requests, are not balanced tested. The first mod is a Dark Elf Boon Mod. It gives various bonuses to different buildings for the Dark Elves, like the Iron Mine giving bonuses to Armor, Melee Damage and Ranged Damage to all units in your armies. There are too many bonuses for me to list right here, but needless to say, the request was to buff the Dark Elves, without giving any other race bonuses, and this was the route I took. None of the individual bonuses is all that great, but when you add up everything, your troops are a fair bit stronger.

The second mod was a request to increase the bonus given to veteran troops as they increase in rank. They also requested more levels for troops, though that type of modification is, from what I can tell, much more in depth, if it can be done with the tools I have at hand at all. While I did add troops levels up to 15, bonuses, experience required and everything, I do not believe that is all that is required to make such a change. Again I did not play-test and balance-test this mod, just made sure it wouldn't crash the game.

If either of these mods sounds interesting to you, feel free to download them at your convenience.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'd like to request a similar building mod for all races, and not just the dark elves. Factionwide bonuses, please, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaSon21 View Post
    I'd like to request a similar building mod for all races, and not just the dark elves. Factionwide bonuses, please, if possible.
    Do you mean one mod that gives similar bonuses to all the races, or rather I might as well make separate mods for each race, if I am to do that. It is a somewhat time intensive process to go in to the detail I did with the Dark Elves. Actually playing them for several hours, and discovering what their strengths are to give them bonuses that suit them. I have been working on a Skaven building boon mod already, and I will upload that as soon as I am done, and I know it is functional. The High Elves and Lizardmen Factions will take a big longer, as I have never played the Lizardmen as of yet, and only played the High Elves once, my first time ever playing the campaign.

I started giving bonuses to some Dark Elf troops as well, increasing their max hp, armor, melee attack and melee defense. I removed those bonuses from the mod, as the building buffs alone seemed to give as much as I wanted.

The Dark Elves bonuses also extended to some economic adjustments, not just the bonuses to their troops. Were you looking for only troops bonuses for the other races, or do you want some economic boons, agent capacity buffs, general/agent starting level bonuses like I did with the Dark Elves?

I'd like the whole building effects thing, please.

Your mod's are really starting to spice up the game! I really enjoy the Skaven + Income and can hardly wait to test out your new additions! Maybe The Skaven would benefit even more if you would give their buildings even more food and income bonuses

Here is a Skaven Boon Mod. It adds bonuses for troops to several different buildings, as well as additional food creation. If used in conjuction with the other Skaven Food mod, it should give a decent bonus to their food supply. I have played with it for a few hours, and I gave them larger bonuses to speed, attack, damage and charging, as well as a bonus to fighting vs large creatures. I figured they would do better climbing on and attacking giants and whatnot, than the other races would. Perhaps the Lizardmen should get this bonus too, not sure. The biggest bonus they get however, is their move speed in battle, as well as some bonus to campaign movement, especially within their own regions. The buildings that have these bonuses are clearly shown when you look at the tooltip. Hope this helps.

Someone requested a mod to allow for the high elves to raid. I am just leaving that here for anyone else that may want that addition. It does not change how raiding works, nor does it remove any of their other stances, it just adds the raiding stance to the High Elf factions.

I went a bit further, maybe a bit mad on my Dark Elf bonus mod. I named this mod what it is as you will see. This goes further than the previous Dark Elf bonus mod, as well as adding in skill point per level bonus for Generals and Heroes, increase bonus to unit experience level bonuses as well as a fairly decent bonus to Dark Elf ancillaries, that better suits their slavery ways. This mod also changes some upkeep and recruitment handicaps for both the player and AI. The bonuses to income, as well as these buffs to upkeep and recruitment, have made most of my battles much larger in scope. The AI has been able to mount better defenses, letting me put the Dark Elf bonuses from buildings and ancillaries to work, which I enjoyed. Hope someone else can get some enjoyment from it as well.

So here is my Dark Elf Borderline Cheating mod.

Hey, Hassie, is it possible to get a version of your veterancy bonus mod that isn't so tilted towards melee attack? Otherwise I was enjoying it a lot. Thanks.

Hey Hassie,

First off great work. Love the mods. I was wondering if there was anyway you could make a version of the Skaven Building Bonuses mod where the effects of the buildings do not stack. The bonuses quickly get out of control since multiple of the same building give the same stacking bonus.

Tried it, well... Bonus are stacking and make your lowcost troops almost invincible and able to kill any high-end unit. Slaves VS stellar drake ? No problem.
    Was funny but a new version less over-powered would be appreciated. ^^ Thanks for your good mods !

Sorry I notice the problem now. I set the bonuses to factionwide, but being provincewide would make them still stack if you built multiple in the same province, though with a limited number of building spots, building 3 or 4 of the same building seems less likely.

As for the veteran bonuses, that was actually a mistake with the scalar bonus. The updated one I use is far less crazy. I will update the mods soon

Here is the Skaven and Veteran bonus mods updated, I HOPE, to a point where they give some bonuses, but don't allow for slaves to kill dragons.
    Last edited by Frunk; October 04, 2017 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

hey hassie dont see any change with the Skavenmods, i try the: Skaven Food Mod with skaven Boon Mod.
    run also the 2 Skillpoints and extra lvl for champions mod with no trouble

Hassie,

Your updated Skaven Building Bonuses work perfectly. Bonuses are now only to local armies. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hassie View Post
    I went a bit further, maybe a bit mad on my Dark Elf bonus mod. I named this mod what it is as you will see. This goes further than the previous Dark Elf bonus mod, as well as adding in skill point per level bonus for Generals and Heroes, increase bonus to unit experience level bonuses as well as a fairly decent bonus to Dark Elf ancillaries, that better suits their slavery ways. This mod also changes some upkeep and recruitment handicaps for both the player and AI. The bonuses to income, as well as these buffs to upkeep and recruitment, have made most of my battles much larger in scope. The AI has been able to mount better defenses, letting me put the Dark Elf bonuses from buildings and ancillaries to work, which I enjoyed. Hope someone else can get some enjoyment from it as well.

So here is my Dark Elf Borderline Cheating mod.
    Great mod, is there any way you could make it so that all of those bonuses you added to the Dark Elves were given to the High Elves instead? If it'd be too inconvenient for you, could you run me through how I could go about it? I know the basics of PackFileManager from my time modding NTW, but I haven't touched the .pack files of any other total war game.

I finally opened the file with the proper settings for the Vortex Campaign. I set the last ritual to 100k currency needed for all factions, as that is what was requested by most people. It will significantly lengthen campaigns, while still allowing for a win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast