Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Spells for Mazdamundi.

Default More Spells for Mazdamundi.

So first release, this mod adds a total of 30+ spells to mazdamundi, as well as giving more options for his bound spells. Includes a selection of spells from all 8 colour winds of magic, which are accessed by overcasting a spell from the opposite lore of magic.

This gives rise to a balance in spell use. Mazdamundi possesses the entire lore of High Magic as well as an additional bonus.

To use Shadow Spell overcast light spells, to use Beast spells overcast heavens spells, to use death, overcast life, to use metal overcast fire.

This mod also makes this spell system carry over into the campaign, with a merged skill tree. Now you get the first 12 spells by unlocking the first three spells of high magic, then the second 12 spells by unlocking the last three spells. This system is currently a placeholder until I work out a way to add an additional node of abilities. There may also be some other bits and pieces, which I have not yet paid attention to. Localisation for the skill tree is not complete.

Do enjoy. Note this is almost shameless overpowered, but it does make Mazdamundi feel a little bit more like a proper spell caster!
    Attached Files Attached Files

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: More Spells for Mazdamundi.

I've been trying to do something similar with Teclis, though I was just going to add entire new lores, like Mannfred in the previous game. Weirdly enough, it seems to work with regular mage heroes, but it does not work with Teclis. For regular heroes, you can select different lores with the button on the UI, but for Teclis, new spells just cover up old spells and I don't get the option to change lores at all.

Thanks for this, though. Mazdamundi is god-tier, he can move mountains and create oceans, he should be shamelessly overpowered. That's part of the fun!
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Ok, so new update with fixed localisation and more bug fixes. Also izz_mazda_mod.7zncludes a more skill points mod, and adds a couple of levels to the Slann Discipline trees.

In the Morning I will post a third version. This removes the old spell tree structure and adds a new structure, this means you now need to spend 20 points to acquire the new spells and the magic lore attributes in campaign. I have also been working on expanding out the Slann Disciplines in general, adding three levels to each of these abilities to let you better customise your Slann. I may add some new new disciplines to the Slann.

Wonderful! Keep the mods coming

so after a while all the Spells that unlocked doesnt show up anymore for Mazdamundi ?Bug?

Yeah, I forgot to include the enable effect in the higher levels of the skills. Current version which I will be posting shortly should fix this. The new version adds a custom spell tree for Mazdamundi, as well as giving him all nine lore passives like Teclis. I also have another mod I will be releasing that increases the level cap for Generals to lvl 80. This is a much more balanced way of getting skill points in my opinion than simply getting extra points, as you now get rewarded for longevity.

Thank. Totally waiting for your mod to be updated then i will start Mazdamundi campaign. ETA for the updated file?
    Last edited by holynevil; October 01, 2017 at 09:51 PM.

Time then to share latest state of where I am at. By and large this mod is complete now, it adds a total of 22+ new skills to the skill tree for Mazdamundi. This includes all eight of the basic lore attributes, as well as six new spell choices. These spell choices will unlock 4 spells per choice. To access half of these spells you need to overcast the base spell, because due to UI issues I exploited the fact that overcast spells are in essence entirely unique instances.

See Screenshot below, and the new version is attached to this reply.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171002081934_1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	551.0 KB 
ID:	348663
    Attached Files Attached Files

Amazing!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

Does this mod conflict with "Extra Skill Point Mods?"
    Last edited by holynevil; October 01, 2017 at 10:43 PM.

Not in the slightest. The only thing this will play nasty with is anything that mods the unit to land abilities junction, the campaign nodes junction and the special ability groups files Sadly, as I need to replace skills on vanilla mazdamundi there is nothing I can do about it.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Well done on the releases, DrFaustus!

Feel free to make use of the Announcements thread if you would like news of your mods spread around TWC (sometimes they even end up on our official Facebook and Twitter): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hammer-II-OCM)

Think you could be convinced to do something similar for Teclis? I hate how the High Loremaster of Hoeth has such an IMO boring selection of spells

I have considered doing Teclis in a way in which he is like Manfred, and gets High Magic + 6 spells from the colour lores. I was considering doing something for campaign Slann as well to be honest.

Posting some more minor fixes/updates/localisation changes. Any suggestions that you might have for what could be added to the tree are welcome. Am also considering including some changes for Morathi, Teclis, and the Campaign Slann, whereby Teclis and Morathi gain High Magic and Dark Magic as a second lore respectively, and the Campaign Slann gets High Magic + a blended lore. Any thoughts on these, please feel free to share.

zz_mazda_mod.7z

Pretty please, do not forget Skaven

The issue is, there is nothing to give to skaven.

I may though look to adding some extra skills for all generals so they can spend more skill points and build more curiously.

Leylanee's Avatar Laetus

I love this mod, Maz is so much fun now, and if you intend to improve Teclis, Morathi and the Slaan, omg that would be amazing.

Thank you so much for this mod

I currently am about half done on getting a new skill tree for the Slann into the campaign. They get significantly less spells though than old Mazdamundi, getting simply a mixed heavens and light lore, alongside all of High Magic. Likewise, Teclis is going to keep his mixed lore and get all of High Magic. Morathi is going to get a Dark/Shadow split and all of Dhar. That at least is my current plan. I am also looking into good options to add to other generals so they don't feel quite so alone. This all of course works a lot better with an extra levels mod, as right now Mazdamundi needs to spend 30+ skill points on just his magic abilities. But also he probably really should do so, as unlike others he gets really good synergies. I may also add tiers to the Slann Disciplines and perhaps some additional winds of magic and magic power regeneration abilities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast