Thread: Change city model according to the owner mod

Default Change city model according to the owner mod

Do you think it's possible? I have no experience with modding myself whatsoever but maybe someone with alot of modding skills might be able to do it? What I'm talking about is for example when a Dark Elf faction occupies a High Elf city the appearance of the city does not change on the campaign map the way it did in the first Warhammer game. It get's especially weird when you colonise a ruin and build a brand new city with the architecture of a completely different race.

Default Re: Change city model according to the owner mod

This.

It needs to happen, putting banners around cities with your faction logo was the most lazy design choice ever. And it makes no sense when you raze a lizardmen city to build new "aztec themed" as Helves.

Having cities look like your own faction is more immersive. Someone modd it pretty please.

Yeah I think it should be possible since it has already kinda been done. The mod that removed regional occupation in the first game made the settlements change appearance (vampire taking over dwarf settlement for example).

+1

What I'm waiting on to play any other race besides Skaven... +1

God yes please i can't stand this banner thing +1

This, so many people want this. Hopefully CA will make it optional, if not I really hope someone will mod this. For some factions it's more of a problem than others, for example the Dwarfs. Doesn't make sense that they'd allow any Orc culture or decorations to remain once they've reclaimed lost holds. I too posted a thread regarding this, before I noticed this thread.

I for one would be more than happy to donate to a patreon page if someone could make this reality.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with this mod it seems that it's goal is same but he has done it by adding new owner appearance ower old one:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1185917403

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

If you knows how to use Editsf to edit save files, you can use this method to change the city model to your faction one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UL8e41g.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	349873

Just change the highlighted row to corresponding input.

Hmm interesting I have no idea how to use that program though haha, do you have to do it for every single city you conquer or how does it work?

yes you'll need to change entry for region and unfortunately it doesn't change the siege battle map (lizard settlement still lizard etc)

Anything new about this?