Thread: Radious Graphics Mod

UltimateTobi's Avatar Libertus

Default Radious Graphics Mod

Hello all!

Does anyone know if the Radious Graphics Mod is compatible with DEI?

Default Re: Radious Graphics Mod

It should since it is only a graphics mod but you should load DEI in front of the graphics mod

i dont think mate,if i remember correct he alters the uniform recolour,and some ui screens so maybe you will have some conflicts with dei,although i havent played with radious.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

It really depends on what the mod includes and which tables it edits. I would be very carefull using such a mod that isnt specifically made compatible with DeI.

And @The Last Imperator , that wont do anything. If you load DeI before the graphical submod, DeI will simply overwrite the submod and you wont see the changes. Submods must always be loaded before DeI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTobi View Post
    Hello all!

Does anyone know if the Radious Graphics Mod is compatible with DEI?
    Heresy...

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Heresy...
    To the bonfire!

What can I say, I just love the huge blood pools that battle lines produce during a good fight.
    My friend and I always felt there wasn't enough blood, but that's just a minor thing. If it isn't compatible, so be it.

As for what it changes: according to the description: particle effects, dust effects, more blood, removed clouds and shine-effect when cities are selected.

And you can't select/deselect the mod because it doesn't show up in the mod manager. You put the file in the data folder, so you wouldn't be able to let it load before or after DEI.

What can I say, I just love the huge blood pools that battle lines produce during a good fight.
    My friend and I always felt there wasn't enough blood, but that's just a minor thing. If it isn't compatible, so be it.

As for what it changes: according to the description: particle effects, dust effects, more blood, removed clouds and shine-effect when cities are selected.

And you can't select/deselect the mod because it doesn't show up in the mod manager. You put the file in the data folder, so you wouldn't be able to let it load before or after DEI.
    If it only changes that which would be similar to what GEM and blood mods change it shouldnt be a problem.

And, you can control load order in the data folder. The game load mods in alphabetical order. So renaming a mod by adding @ for example would push it further up the load order. Otherwise you wouldnt be able to control which mods overwrite

Unless ofc you mean that its a .movie file and not a .pack file.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

it conflict with the new hellenic banners, they appearing all white + the mod stress my hardware real hard! Also i find it over bloody more than a few times ( hard distinquished my soldiers and the opponets, cover all with a tone of blood )

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    If it only changes that which would be similar to what GEM and blood mods change it shouldnt be a problem.

And, you can control load order in the data folder. The game load mods in alphabetical order. So renaming a mod by adding @ for example would push it further up the load order. Otherwise you wouldnt be able to control which mods overwrite

Unless ofc you mean that its a .movie file and not a .pack file.
    Thanks for clarification.

It's a .pack file. Didn't know that the files in the data folder also influences the load order if they don't appear in the mod launcher of ROME II.

I don't know if I should give it a try or not. Will it break anything major if something happens? Or does it only cause graphical glitches, as @FlashHeart07 mentioned?

@FlashHeart07 mentioned?
    Argh, I meant
    nikossaiz of course.

Thanks for clarification.

It's a .pack file. Didn't know that the files in the data folder also influences the load order if they don't appear in the mod launcher of ROME II.

I don't know if I should give it a try or not. Will it break anything major if something happens? Or does it only cause graphical glitches, as @FlashHeart07 mentioned?
    The files in the data dont "also" influence the load order. It is THE determining factor of the load order. Unless you use an unofficial mod manager (something I would advice against), the data folder and a script.txt file is THE only way to control load order.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    The files in the data dont "also" influence the load order. It is THE determining factor of the load order. Unless you use an unofficial mod manager (something I would advice against), the data folder and a script.txt file is THE only way to control load order.
    OK, gotcha.
    No, I don't use any third party programs. I subscribed to DEI via the Workshop, subscribed to Gens Julia for Roma's Family History system. That's all.