Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Are They Going to Handle Campaign Map Merging?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: How Are They Going to Handle Campaign Map Merging?

Quote Originally Posted by Senticon View Post
    Wait a sec, so generally speaking, game will only be checking if I own TW:WI/DLCs and won't need actual files? Well, that would be neat. Btw, from what I understand from official FAQ, we should be able to choose Old World campaign to play in TW:WII menu. Not sure if true or not, because I don't own TW:WII yet.
    Exactly. You just need to have WH1 in steam library. Things like Blood DLC will be separated for WH2 but will be free for owners of WH1 version. Old World campaign, Beastmen + Wood Elves minicampaiogns staying in WH1

News about combined map:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

Looks like we will get two different combined maps. Joined campaign for W1+2 is named "Mortal Empires". So list of campaigns:
    The Old World - Included in Warhammer I
    Eye of the Vortex - Included in Warhammer II
    Mortal Empires - Free Campaign for Owners of Parts 1 & 2 (in WH2)
    Warhammer III’s Main Campaign - Included in Warhammer III
    A Very Big Campaign - Free Campaign for Owners of Parts 1, 2 & 3 (in WH3)

Because we have things like 40 level cap and multiplayer in WH2, WH1 factions for multiplayer and Mortal Empires will be updated and balanced for that. At least that would be my understanding.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: How Are They Going to Handle Campaign Map Merging?

Quote Originally Posted by Senticon View Post
    Wait a sec, so generally speaking, game will only be checking if I own TW:WI/DLCs and won't need actual files? Well, that would be neat. Btw, from what I understand from official FAQ, we should be able to choose Old World campaign to play in TW:WII menu. Not sure if true or not, because I don't own TW:WII yet.
    It was confirmed by GraceCA a little while back that you wouldn't need WH1 installed to use Mortal Empires, though you would still need to own it (I assume on the same Steam Account.) What I've read seems to suggest the Old World Campaign will need you to have WH1 installed to play it and be launched from WH1, but I may be wrong.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12