Thread: Any vegetation pros out there know how to add more trees?

Laetus

Default Any vegetation pros out there know how to add more trees?

Hey all,

So I've encountered this annoying trait of the temperate_forest climates that has to do with the high and medium fertility zones. Despite having FOREST in their freaking names, on the battlemap these climates have a tendency to look like the steppes of Asia when fighting in the high and medium fertility ground types. I wonder if maybe the original intention with this was to recreate the "Salisbury Plain" or "north German heath" look, but frankly I think it's stupid to be fighting in the heart of the Loire valley and the landscape looks like this:

Anybody familiar with the vegetation files know how I could increase the amount of trees that spawn in these ground types? Any help would be much appreciated!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Any vegetation pros out there know how to add more trees?

Well you could just use RS2 environments. Maybe those have what you're looking for although they are more graphics intensive, however since this is 2017 I am assuming you don't have 2005-2010 hardware by now.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Drwdae Pictaidd View Post
    Anybody familiar with the vegetation files know how I could increase the amount of trees that spawn in these ground types? Any help would be much appreciated!
    I'm not myself but I know someone who is, he's a "friend" and fellow Project group member, he was formally known as xXxXxRazerGodxXxXx but now as "non-binary person", you will find him here on the sub-forum under "mapping" or on RS stickies if you want to pm him, I'm sure he will help.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; September 12, 2017 at 03:42 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Laetus

Well you could just use RS2 environments. Maybe those have what you're looking for although they are more graphics intensive, however since this is 2017 I am assuming you don't have 2005-2010 hardware by now.
    Really all I'm trying to do is edit a file or two to make more forests appear on the battlemap. Porting over an entire climate system from RS2 into my customized EB 1.21 seems like way too much work, lol. Unless you know a quick and easy way to make that happen?

I'm not myself but I know someone who is, he's a "friend" and fellow Project group member, he was formally known as xXxXxRazerGodxXxXx but now as "non-binary person", you will find him here on the sub-forum under "mapping" or on RS stickies if you want to pm him, I'm sure he will help.
    Thanks Saul! I'll hit that person up!