Thread: the Anti-Geisha Geisha

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default the Anti-Geisha Geisha

My one annoyance with Shogun is the all powerful Geisha. I simply must push hard to be able to recruit my own Geishas simply to arm my faction with anti-Geisha Geishas. Now I know there is almost no modifications, but is there an easy solution to simply remove the Geisha from all factions. It seems more as a bit of chrome to end the game than as a real role play factor.

Default Re: the Anti-Geisha Geisha

I am not sure if you can remove them from the game but after watching LegendofTotalWar on youtube play a Mori campaign he showed that 3-4 assassins will usually kill a geisha with only some of the assassins dying. Not sure how to permanently remove them though as Shogun is much harder to mess with than say Rome or M2 is.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewcthf View Post
    I am not sure if you can remove them from the game but after watching LegendofTotalWar on youtube play a Mori campaign he showed that 3-4 assassins will usually kill a geisha with only some of the assassins dying. Not sure how to permanently remove them though as Shogun is much harder to mess with than say Rome or M2 is.
    Good to know. LegendofTotalWar is good at explain and not just doing in hi vidieos. He will even admit when he is pretty much exploiting the game program which is good if you do not wish use exploits.

I do know about the assassins, but the Geisha gets supercharged often after only one mission and is then pretty unstoppable and take out the Domo. It seems it was put into the mi to simply end games.

Thanks again for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by NorseThing View Post
    Good to know. LegendofTotalWar is good at explain and not just doing in hi vidieos. He will even admit when he is pretty much exploiting the game program which is good if you do not wish use exploits.

I do know about the assassins, but the Geisha gets supercharged often after only one mission and is then pretty unstoppable and take out the Domo. It seems it was put into the mi to simply end games.

Thanks again for your post.
    Your welcome and yes I agree that the Geisha was put in just to end games as she is very powerful. Then again it is very easy to lose a game when your leader dies of old age and you did not get a single baby for what seemed like 100 turns. Even with 2-3 sons it is very easy to watch them get assassinated. Sorry for that rant but I find it very annoying because I sometimes like to turtle while the stupid AI tries to accomplish very little. The Geisha is not needed and by the time you can usually field one it is late in the game.

Still it can be a nice unit if you want to end the game quickly.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Jumping on this old thread a bit, I did the exact same - the easiest way to win a campaign is to speedrun Geishas using the Hojo.

Kazusa as a province is very well defended, both because it's impossible to get to and also because the surrounding areas are easily defensible. Scale up your defences, create the necessary buildings, build the Geisha house at the last tier and then let them wreck havoc. You don't even need to fight any more at some point.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Interesting way to conquer, thanks so much for sharing!