Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Various Armors, Reinforcements and Gadgets (VARG) - a submod for DAC 1.2. (28.2 -FINAL UPDATE!!)

Default Re: Various Armors, Reinforcements and Gadgets (VARG) - a submod for DAC 1.2. (PREVIEW)

Great job, they look awesome. I like a lot the new Brotherhood.

Default Re: Various Armors, Reinforcements and Gadgets (VARG) - a submod for DAC 1.2. (PREVIEW)

Wow, these look great. Can't wait to use them.

Testing and polishing resumes. In the meantime, have some eye-candy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The army of Dorwinion - the Vinelands best!

A new look for upgraded Bardian Marksmen.

New skin for the Royal Archer bodyguard

New upgraded look for Woodland Realm's Elder Council. Woodland Realm's general will have a similar look

Misty Mountain goblins have finally received some overdue care with a new look for upgraded armor

Rohan's Helmingas upgraded look. Most Rohirric units will have an non-upgraded look (leather or mail) and an upgraded look (Scale armor)

Eorling Militia, probably the most "forgotten" unit in the game, has got some leather armor for their upgrade

Ered Luin spears, final tier upgrade; new shield and scale armor

Last edited by The Black Goldfish; September 13, 2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: More preview!

Love the bardian Marksmen. Feels more in tune with the film's aesthetic of Dale and Laketown

Default Re: Various Armors, Reinforcements and Gadgets (VARG) - a submod for DAC 1.2. (NEW PREVIEWS ON PAGE 2)

Love the new skins!!! Can't Wait to play with them!

Default Re: Various Armors, Reinforcements and Gadgets (VARG) - a submod for DAC 1.2. (NEW PREVIEWS ON PAGE 2)

Love the work you're putting into this, particularly into the less played factions. Some of those really needed some love to increase their popularity.

Also some OPFOR love, hah

Dayum, the new Bardian Marksmen skin look nice.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice Rohan work! Maybe also fix the weird-looking backsides of some units' shields while you're at them?

May I make a request to update Mountain Orcs' elite units to reflect the Battle of the Five Armies a bit more? Or at the very least make the various orc nations stand out more

Quote Originally Posted by Altar360 View Post
    May I make a request to update Mountain Orcs' elite units to reflect the Battle of the Five Armies a bit more? Or at the very least make the various orc nations stand out more
    That a bit beyond my talents, I'm afraid. Besides, I don't really like the orc-design from BotFA, reminds me too much of Isengard..

I noticed that in the Royal Archer Bodyguard picture that the lake-town pikemen in the background have the helmets from the hobbit movies, Will they be included in this mod Black Goldfish aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBunBadgers View Post
    I noticed that in the Royal Archer Bodyguard picture that the lake-town pikemen in the background have the helmets from the hobbit movies, Will they be included in this mod Black Goldfish aswell?
    Uh... yeah, I can... I wasn't planning on it though. It's more of a copy-paste job from one of Reforged's units

That would be awesome if you do include it, it'll go well with the new dale units that you are bringing with this mod.

I was planning on playing Lothlorien in DAC V2, but those Rohan units.... Damn. So Sexy. Good job, keep up the amazing work.

Alright, I think it's time for one last little preview. Hopefully I will release the upcoming week

New Castellans of Dol Guldur

Harad Armor upgrades for militia units

Harad armor upgrade for middle-tier units:

New upgraded Hin-e-daur

Last edited by The Black Goldfish; September 17, 2017 at 09:11 AM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

you keep amazing me dont you
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Default Re: Various Armors, Reinforcements and Gadgets (VARG) - a submod for DAC 1.2. (19/9 - RELEASE!!)

Well, it looks like a release, boys and girls. Grab it while it's hot!
    Feel free to report bugs as well as comments, I will try to assist with bugs, but remember I'm only human

Default Re: Various Armors, Reinforcements and Gadgets (VARG) - a submod for DAC 1.2. (19/9 - RELEASE!!)

I just played a battle with all the new units and they are awesome! Thanks The Black Goldfish! Also I was wondering if you are done with this submod now that its released, or are you going to continue upgrading more units?

I might make a few more, fix some things, but nothing really major
    Also, glad it worked and you enjoy it!

Edit 20/9:
    HEAR YE!!

I made a small mistake in the text files. If you have already downloaded, you might wanna download the update version now, and replace Export_Descr_unit.txt and Unit_models/Battle_models.modeldb with the new ones included. The reason for this is that I missed the new ered luin units integration into these files. Don't worry, you should already have the necessary textures in their directories.

Happy hunting!
    Last edited by The Black Goldfish; September 19, 2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Announcement!

Just try it recently, i do a little revamp of Dorwinion new mask,

and also, golden horses

And this Dorwinion captain kinda have messed up texture

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast