Thread: A newbie needs some help

Default A newbie needs some help

This is my first thread in this forum so sorry if i'm in the wrong section or someone asked the same question in a previuos one. I started playing RTR platinum 2.0 one week ago and i have some difficulties to understand how to conquer a city (expecially how auxilia buildings work) and make it produce more gold. Is there a wiki of this mod? (I clicked the link on the RTR site but it doesn't work) or some other thread? Thanks for the attention and keep up this awesome work

Default Re: A newbie needs some help

Quote Originally Posted by Wallenstain View Post
    This is my first thread in this forum so sorry if i'm in the wrong section or someone asked the same question in a previuos one. I started playing RTR platinum 2.0 one week ago and i have some difficulties to understand how to conquer a city (expecially how auxilia buildings work) and make it produce more gold. Is there a wiki of this mod? (I clicked the link on the RTR site but it doesn't work) or some other thread? Thanks for the attention and keep up this awesome work
    Hello Wallenstain!
    It's been a while since I've last properly played RTR6, so my memory may be a bit faded, but here's what I remember - Auxilia buildings are (semi) governmental buildings that help you train weak/local troops. For more information click the building tree tab and you'll see where it branches off and what bonuses the higher tiers give. As for the income in cities - make sure you build the trade buildings as well as the ones that exploit resources in provinces (farms, mines etc.). Also, make sure to make as many trade agreements as you can with other factions, as this will help with your overall faction-wide economy. Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask
    As for the wiki, I'm afraid there is none, as far as I know, sadly
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Default Re: A newbie needs some help

Hi,

I am probably too late for this, but it may help someone else.
    The auxilia buildings are more like barracks than government buildings.

You first have to build the 3 phases, then you have access to your own regular units.
    Auxilia phase 1: basically grants you 5% increase in law
    Auxilia phase 2: you may now recruit the most basic local unit. The type depends on the region you're in. Those units are usually low quality troops, serves only for garrison purpose.
    Auxilia phase 3: you may now also recruit advanced local unit (in any).
    Regional barrack: you may now recruit your own national regular unit.
    Royal barrack: you may now recruit your own national elite unit.

For producing gold, harbors are the best. They generate the highest trade. Conquer coastal cities in priority.
    Population is also good. Big fat cities generate nice taxes.
    First level mines are helpful in small towns, but not really game changer.