Thread: Editing Faction Relations into War Using EditSF - Questions

Default Editing Faction Relations into War Using EditSF - Questions

I have been fiddling around with EditSF, and after reading numerous forum posts and pages, I have tried to make two factions go to war.

In this case, I have tried to make the Shimazu at war with the Otomo at the start of the game.

Going into Campaign_Startpos > Compressed_Date > Campaign_Env > Campaign_Model > World > Faction_Array > Faction_Array - > Faction > Diplomacy_Manager > Diplomacy_Relations > Diplomacy_Relationships I edit "neutral" into "war".

However, after saving startpos.esf and launching the game, the two factions do not go to war. I made sure to match each faction id, and to change the values on both faction relations, so the Shimazu are at war with the Otomo and the Otomo at war with the Shimazu.

Am I missing something? Does anyone know how to make two factions at war at the start of the game?

I've scoured the forums and yet I can't seem to find the exact answer to this, and trying to follow guides prove ineffective in yielding results.

Default Re: Editing Faction Relations into War Using EditSF - Questions

I think I remember having this issue too.
    I can tell you that changing these values in Tweak and making a new Startpos will work. Unfortunately this means you will need to start a new campaign.