Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROPOSAL to WILLING MODDERS: new DBM mod based on the Barbarian Invasions [Semi-developed content, atm]

Default PROPOSAL to WILLING MODDERS: new DBM mod based on the Barbarian Invasions [Semi-developed content, atm]

Dear modders here on the TWC and lovers of DBM,

I recently received unreleased content from Rhaymo who stopped with active modding activity, but he was working with a few Italian fellows of ours on a new DBM mod based on the "Barbarian Invasions", basically a MII revival of the RTW "barbarian Invasions" 1.6... tailored to the IV and V AD centuries.

The mod is somewhat on a semi-good status, mainly this is what already presents:

- The units were all ready and even the map, the edu, the cards, the characters on the map, in short the project was well on track.
    -All cities have a general inside them, but we had to enter the start-up units.
    - The units of the rebels are missing
    - The symbols all seem to be in, apart from the small ones found in the various panels (diplomacy, finance, etc.). The Roman Empire, for ex., is still Macedonians.
    -Expanded.txt must be upgraded
    -Scripts completely absent
    - Not all the factions that you will find under the unit_model folder are in the game, from custom battles you can see the ones present
    - Many DBM units are still stored in the mod but not used, hence they are not useful (but can be properly retextured to match the late Roman Empire era)

Up to know, It's really impossible to me to undertake this project too, especially if alone as I do not have time to mod more than what I'm doing...

Hence, I propose to interested modders to evaluate this proposal and show their interest - participation by putting a comment and declare their willingness to mod on it.

If I find someone available atm, I'll upload the download links that Rhaymo passed to me (and he will pass me a few more too)...

So, that's it, please let me know if this semi-developed project interests you!

Default Re: PROPOSAL to WILLING MODDERS: new DBM mod based on the Barbarian Invasions [Semi-developed content, atm]

How we could help???

Default Re: PROPOSAL to WILLING MODDERS: new DBM mod based on the Barbarian Invasions [Semi-developed content, atm]

Well essentially I need modders who are willing to work on the project.. especially now that rhaymo is off and I'm involved in other modding tasks. Hence people who take care of ui, units, 3d, 2d, coding, scripting, textures, events, txt files, etc.

The mod is already bilingual (ita & eng)...

Actually, ok, give me some time that I upload the media fire links of this DBM barbarian invasion, so that anyone interested can start modding on it

Latest content related to DBM Barbarian Invasions, 2 dropbox links which have to be merged with the 15 mediafire links, tehy contain updated material... Hence, order: 15 mediafire + 2 dropbox...
    Here links to the additional DP links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shtv2a1rqn...atch_1.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrj8lguyht...atch_2.7z?dl=0

This is most probably everything that was done till now for the new DBM mod, but as said the content is still semi-developed.

Hoping in the meantime someone with modding proficiency can start working on it... For anything, please leave a comment in this dedicated thread

Centenarius

Thank you for sharing this with us, ramfc Since i like BI very much, i will take a look when possible
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Thanks to you!!

This BI revival for DBM has a neat potential...

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Thanks to you!!

This BI revival for DBM has a neat potential...
    Dear rafmc1989

two questions..

is this mod a standalone or do I need the DBM mod having installed?

second..

maybe you can join forces with this team:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?818-INVASIO-BARBARORVM-II-(IBII)

to make a super-mod?!

Thank you very much
    and greets

Marc

It's standalone essentially...
    DBM content is still insie (some of it), but generally is not of use (although some retexturing can make some assets good)...

I already fought about INVASIO BARB. II, a mod I've been following since years years back...
    Mhm, could be too, although the resources and assets of both mods are quite different, merging together would require perhaps an even greater effort than developing DBM BI itself...

In case, I leave the proposal open for IB II staff...

Campaign crashes at loading. The units are well worked though.

yes, no c_s, it needs to be fully written (and other .txt files too require to be written)... For now is not in playable state, requires mod development...

And the units, yes, are fine!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Do you have any pics of the units/battles?
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for the post. IB II is far into the development stage. I would be curious though, if the IB II mod could get permission to use units from this mod in ours. It would cut down the developmental time.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Hey midnite, nice to hear from you!!... You did stuff and helped me in the past, so time to revert back the favor...

As said, considering that atm I cannot continue with the mod development, I leave you freedom to re-use the contents of DBM BI, in IB II it's fine the same...

After you download the fifteen mediafire links, you can put all together in one main archive so that you get all the files joined... I usually use 7zip and do "extract here" by selecting all segmented archives and choose a destination folder... after the mediafire(s), do not forget to use the latest dropbox(s) as they contain the latest editings done for the mod development...

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Hey midnite, nice to hear from you!!... You did stuff and helped me in the past, so time to revert back the favor...

As said, considering that atm I cannot continue with the mod development, I leave you freedom to re-use the contents of DBM BI, in IB II it's fine the same...

After you download the fifteen mediafire links, you can put all together in one main archive so that you get all the files joined... I usually use 7zip and do "extract here" by selecting all segmented archives and choose a destination folder... after the mediafire(s), do not forget to use the latest dropbox(s) as they contain the latest editings done for the mod development...
    Thank you rafmc1989 and many thanks to the DBM team. I joined the files using a program called hjsplit.exe The mod starts up but crashes during the first custom battle I tried. I am assuming that there are unit files missing from the units folder. The mod is trying to load the custom battle but cannot find the models or possibly the models/textures of some of the units selected for the custom battle. As I play test the mod, I will post errors I find to this forum so they can be fixed either by myself or by one of the fans of DBM.

ok, good then, yes I didn't check it fully too, but I guess not all units have their correct textures/meshes listed/assigned in the models.db atm, these files were not fully written before the development stopped. Hence, yep, it requires fine-tuning and, actually, a merging of contents with IBII could speed up a lot the process

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Hey Rafmc1989,

Thank you for sharing this with the IB2 team!

I've just had a quick look at it now, the units look indeed very nice.

I can see also that some of the .tga files might definitely be of use to us.

I'll keep on checking these files!

Nice then!
    I'll be present for the next future developments more closely, time permitting!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

news for IB2 and Barbarian mods ( I mentioned I would keep everyone informed ) --- After a late night of modding, I have successfully started adding DBM's lombard units to IB2. This will greatly reduce our developmental time for IB2. Check out a few screens of 2 lombard units I have added. I am also looking at Barbarian for any type of bugs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0018.jpg   0019.jpg   0017.jpg   0023.jpg   0021.jpg  

0024.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast