Thread: XDAI: Advanced Diplomacy

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Icon14 XDAI: Advanced Diplomacy

XDAI: Advanced campaign diplomacy

This is a required XAI module with a completely new and customized diplomacy system, that works 100%

XAI is a core improvement mod and designed to fix most of the vanilla issues that are present in the game. XAI modules are designed and balanced to work together as a complete mod. Its main purpose for being modular is easy adoption for other modders, easier troubleshooting, and updating.

Diplomacy is the heart of the AI. Diplomacy drives the AI's decisions to be at war and whether or not it needs to be defensive or offensive. If the AI cannot have a break from war, then how will it have the resources to build/rebuild and protect its empire? The simple answer is it can't.

XDAI Diplomacy
    It is going to take some adjustment for you to get used to. It took me hundreds of hours starting from the ground up to rebuild the whole diplomacy system. Make no mistake, XAI Diplomacy (XDAI) is the ONLY diplomacy that works 100%. Even the third party requests work! You know the ones where you ask another faction to break a trade agreement or attack a mutual enemy, etc. The AI now has a more diverse range of personalities, through my work with the XCAI and now the XDAI. Every faction is unique when the game is started. My key work with AI personalities takes a balanced approach, but greatly affects the overall game and diplomacy and this is also driven by difficulty level.

Diplomacy synced with new XAI occupation rules
    I also rewrote the whole occupation table in the XCAI and now the AI properly occupies at the correct time and stance of the AI personality because it is now properly synced with the diplomacy.
    The net result is an AI that can actually accomplishes what it sets out to do strategically.

Bartering
    The AI will now engage and barter with you to get the best deal it can. It may even outright refuse a deal because it is insulting, or you are out of favor. What is now truly remarkable, is that it will offer you deals that make sense. It will even cancel deals if you are no longer in favor, or plotting a war. I have also implemented much tighter controls to prevent the human from exploiting the AI as much in diplomacy.

Treachery! occurs when you break a deal before the minimum turns have expired. There are two levels with treachery. Level one is a basic lower penalty that will harm your relations to a lesser degree. Depending on the level of the agreement the penalties become more severe, with Alliance's being the highest. If you declare war on a faction without first breaking all of your treaties you can get multiple level two penalties which are quite severe. A level two penalty occurs, when you declare war, and I have made those penalties twice as severe as level one. Treachery penalties also affect your diplomacy with ALL factions. If you cannot get any deals all of a sudden then you have committed treachery! Fortunately, it will decrease over time, so pay attention to your diplomatic options now because treachery really hurts.

How do you know if you are about to commit treachery? You have to go into the diplomacy screen, and use the declare war function or use the cancel agreement tick marks. If you have an agreement that has not fulfilled its minimum time, then it will tell you. If no warning message is displayed then It is safe to break agreements with no diplomatic penalty.

Time
    With the XAI you really need to put some forethought into your strategy and diplomacy. The AI is no longer a doormat that you can just abuse. If you are the treacherous type of player, well be prepared to be held accountable.With the XAI you really need to put some forethought into your strategy and diplomacy. The AI is no longer a doormat that you can just abuse. If you are the treacherous type of player, well be prepared to be held accountable.

It will now take some work on your part to get and keep allies happy. They are more reliable and will help and defend you in the game. You may even be shocked when a non-ally offers you help to snuff out a faction. These are the kind of features that are only available in the XAI.

The Romans and Sassanids will have use of vassals but they are now be restricted to only great relationships. This will encourage better behavior from them and prevent large numbers of client states. Only the Huns will get the use of client states, to control provinces that they beat when they chose not to raze.

These are the new values of the relationships in the XDAI, memorize them and pay attention to them in the diplomatic screen. (The green and red numbers)

Best friends=100
    Very Friendly=75
    Friendly=25
    Neutral=0
    Unfriendly=(-25)
    Very Unfriendly=(-75)
    Bitter Enemies=(-100)

This module is a core module and needs to be used with the other core modules.
    XAI Modules- designed for the Grand Campaign
    XCAI: Advanced Campaign AI * (1)
    XBAI: Advanced Battle AI * (1)(4)
    XDAI: Advanced Diplomacy *
    XAI: Dynamic stances and movement ! (2)
    XAI: Vanilla Units ! (2)(4)
    XAI: Leaders, skills, and offices ! (3)
    XAI: Family, integrity, loyalty, and honor ! (3)
    XAI: Research and Buildings ! (3)
    XAI: THARBBG module + (3)
    XAI: Generals & Wives +
    XAI: Unit recruitment +
    XAI: Double onagers for Skidvar's Garrisons + (5)
    Skidvar's Garrisons + (5)

(*) is required, (!) highly recommended for best experience, (+) optional modules
    The numbers denote they are balanced to work together with those modules.

This module is 100% my work and you may not use my work without permission on any other officially released mods or projects anywhere on the internet or for any other Total War game. Please be specific about issues you may find and use the modules to isolate issues, by deactivating or activating them.

This mod is not, or will ever be, Radious compatible because of the way that mod is designed. Once you have played 50 turns of XAI, you may never go back!

You may download it HERE

Last edited by xeryx; November 24, 2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

I have updated the descriptions of the XDAI, I will no longer be posting log notes.
    Last edited by xeryx; November 24, 2017 at 02:38 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix