Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

Default Re: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

New version: altered some of the diplomatic values incase they might cause overly aggresive behavior, normalized some of the values, since they were calculated with formulas before, they looked odd often. Also slightly lowered the public order bonus for the AI incase it made the mod obselete at high difficulty levels, can be adjusted if necessary. Also fixed some typos and added cultural values to the 2nd and 3rd greek trade and slave forum buildings. Also, Joysong has moved on to Ancient Empires to incorporate this mod into their Atilla mod.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@Dardo 21 and Joysong:
    Hy guys, do you mind if I release a compatibility patch for the TESTUDO submod? I'll have to merge some tabs so I'll have to do a patch pack.
    I never tried Cultural Tensio, but I know what it does. Maybe would be cool to see the two together, or maybe would be just too harsh, dunno.

Yeah knock yourself out .

Patrician

Tx!

this mod is compatible with Imperator Augustus campaign ?

In theory yeah, I haven't ever played it so I can't be certain that all cultures or buildings are the same in both campaigns. Let me know if there's any clear differences and I'll see if I can change it.

Will this work with the current version of DeI?

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    New version: altered some of the diplomatic values incase they might cause overly aggresive behavior, normalized some of the values, since they were calculated with formulas before, they looked odd often. Also slightly lowered the public order bonus for the AI incase it made the mod obselete at high difficulty levels, can be adjusted if necessary. Also fixed some typos and added cultural values to the 2nd and 3rd greek trade and slave forum buildings. Also, Joysong has moved on to Ancient Empires to incorporate this mod into their Atilla mod.
    Do you have a non-steam version?

It's only a few kb's large, why would you need a non-steam version?

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    It's only a few kb's large, why would you need a non-steam version?
    Because not everyone has access to the internet 24/7.

hi! first of all, thanks for this mod, to me it's a must-have! campaigns wouldn't seem realistic to me without it anymore!
    anyways, I'm playing with Nervii, N/N, Hardcore (no CAI) submod and the corresponding De AI arbitriis. In some of my settlements, I was able to increase Celtic culture up to about 90%, but the PO penalty for the presence of other cultures (Germanic, Britannic) didn't decrease at all from where it was at the beginning (-16). May it be a bug?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6P utilizzando Tapatalk

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Centurion View Post
    hi! first of all, thanks for this mod, to me it's a must-have! campaigns wouldn't seem realistic to me without it anymore!
    anyways, I'm playing with Nervii, N/N, Hardcore (no CAI) submod and the corresponding De AI arbitriis. In some of my settlements, I was able to increase Celtic culture up to about 90%, but the PO penalty for the presence of other cultures (Germanic, Britannic) didn't decrease at all from where it was at the beginning (-16). May it be a bug?

I summon the @Dardo21.

Hard to say, there aren't many values in our mod that influence PO, especially when your own culture is the dominant one. At the moment my pfm tool refuses to open any regular tables without crashing so i can't really look into it I'm afraid.

Patrician

I've checked.
    The effect Cyber Centurion is talking about should be "rom_region_base_public_order" but there is no change for this into CT tables.
    The issue might be derived from "Diplomatic_relations_religion_tables", "religious_unhappines_modifier" column, which combined with hardcore mod should surely harden PO, although his malus seems quite too much.
    @Cyber Centurion: which imperium lvl are you? Are you sure there is no other mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    The issue might be derived from "Diplomatic_relations_religion_tables", "religious_unhappines_modifier" column, which combined with hardcore mod should surely harden PO.
    Seems possible. To be honest we haven't checked the combination of Hardcore with CT or DAIA extensively.

@Jake Armitage the only mods I use that alter DeI 1.2.2.L1 are (in load order) DAIA for hardcore, Cultural Tension and Hardcore No CAI. The rest are graphical and music mods. I'm at Imperium Level 2.
    What seems really strange to me is that PO malus is stuck to -16, no matter how high is my cultural influence in the region. So I did two tests: first I disabled Hardcore and, with only CT, PO malus went a little down (-15) in all the regions; then I disabled CT, and with only Hardcore I had different values (-1 to -3) which seemed coherent with the cultural influence in the regions.

Patrician

So this should be a "Diplomatic_relations_religion_tables", "religious_unhappines_modifier" column derived issue only.

Wine trader doesn't have any cultural effects on levels 2 and 3, unlike it's brother trader from public field chain. Effect on level 4 however is stronger than trader's as it should be. So, I'm not sure if Wine Trader missing entries is intentional thing, but it feels somewhat counterintuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Furgon View Post
    Wine trader doesn't have any cultural effects on levels 2 and 3, unlike it's brother trader from public field chain. Effect on level 4 however is stronger than trader's as it should be. So, I'm not sure if Wine Trader missing entries is intentional thing, but it feels somewhat counterintuitive.
    Yeah maybe just a missed entry. Maybe @Dardo the industrious could take a look when he has the time.

I think I've fixed that on my personal version, but I haven't come around to fix the pfm manager yet so can't be sure.