Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

Default Re: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

Where in the files are the settings for how much of a public order penalty I get from cultural differences?

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    hi Dardo21,

sounds very good. could you share it with me? so i can have a look? if its an good adition ill update te mod and contribute you as partner developer
    Did Dardo21 ever get back to you on that? I love the mod, but would tend to agree that any entertainment or trade-related buildings should also tend to promote your culture at least as much as temples would.

Sorry have been m.i.a. and I will possible be for a while longer.

Wouldn#t Latium have a bit of celtic tradition?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...EVySTFSQjBhYkU this is my personal version of the file, note that I increased all values, even for the buildings that are already included in the normal version, so you'd want to readjust values back your own preference.

XSpecial_Capitals includes a faction wide latin conversion bonus for Rome (could be removed if deemd op) as well as rom_tech_civil_philosophy_conversion_mod
    for rom_ALL_industry_minor_1 - rom_ALL_industry_minor_quarry_4 (this is the regular black industry chain so it could be moved to a seperate table).

x_Mil includes, I think, all major military production buildings eastern_levy + both barbarian mil buildings (stables and barracks) don't have a specific culture increase but rom_tech_civil_philosophy_conversion_mod instead, this is the same value that gets added whenever you research a + culture increase technology so I hope it works for buildings too, needs testing to be sure.

__Hel_Forum_Public_water contains the entertainment building series for the forum and (hopefully) the public land as well as the medicus for both the Greeks and the Romans (I think), the medicus also has rom_tech_civil_philosophy_conversion_mod so it should be culture specific increases.

__Barb_Farm_Industry gives barbarian factions rom_tech_civil_philosophy_conversion_mod for all industry buildings (gold, iron, and pottery I believe).

I added the outskirts_industry buildings to the ___Rome_Farm_Industry table and all roman entertainment buildings to ___Rome_Forum_Public_Water table

Lastly i added Massilia's port to the greek Hel_City_Ports table, other historical ports could be added too.

Thanks very much!

No problem, my version also spead up the rate of conversion compared to the normal version, so don't just take over all of my changes withouy checking (the religious drift value governs the rate i think).

Hey,
    I wanted to report that Carthage gains Hellenic influence via ports. I think it's meant to be Punic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...EVySTFSQjBhYkU this is my personal version of the file, note that I increased all values, even for the buildings that are already included in the normal version, so you'd want to readjust values back your own preference.
    I've been running my campaigns with this, and it seems to work very well. Although the higher cultural unrest really punishes Carthage, which can barely manage to hold on to its starting settlements. Rebellions everywhere in AI country as well. So I toned it down somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Although the higher cultural unrest really punishes Carthage, which can barely manage to hold on to its starting settlements. Rebellions everywhere in AI country as well. So I toned it down somewhat.
    You mean because other factions gain more influence? Because i didn't alter the PO effects.

I tried the mod, and I really like congratulations for the work, a note carthage gains influence Helenica with the ports, sorry for my English

This seems to get broken by the new beta, I'm seeing double digit conversion rates, and my cultural percentages seem to flip fourth and back between 0 and 42%.

Do you have this file loaded below the beta patch? or do do you mean the actual Rome 2 beta?

I mean the new power and politics beta with the DeI for it. I'm running it in the proper order. It's not such a big deal, I can play without it for now, but I wanted to report.

I see, I haven't used the new Beta yet so can't really look into it atm.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

I see, I haven't used the new Beta yet so can't really look into it atm.
    after the full release of the power and politics patch Dardo21 and i will look in to the mod and bring an update. The standard version will include dardo21's expension.

You mean because other factions gain more influence? Because i didn't alter the PO effects.
    That negative pop order factions get from provinces with "cultural differences". Carthage has a big empire with a lot of settlements that have very low percentages of their own culture. Sorry for being imprecise, I meant the cultural unrest of this submod, as it is after your changes, even though you didnt make those changes.

Yeah, but the barbarian factions get more buildings to get cultural influence from at a faster rate, so i guess that would increase the PO effects for Carthage too. I haven't looked into Carthage yet since I don't play with it it, but maybe there can be some +influence added to their buildings too, the port giving hellenic culture to Carthage would be an easy fix too normally.

Took a look thru your version and noticed a few errors. Will post details when I can but off the top of my head: tables don't override default DeI values (which explains the high conversion %), building progressions not scaled (Ex. Lvl 4 temple with lower % than Lvl 1). Also, in order for the conversion to be cumulative (to represent the "weight" per faction) the effect should be applied to all regions, not just local provinces. I'm testing a version with the new beta now with a few new values added. For example, iron and copper working increases Celtic influence across all factions slightly, Lvl 4 marble settlements increase Greeks, Lvl 4 Slave Industries as well as the Colliseum increase various cultures (Illyrian, Balkan, German) etc... Although I like the 50 year minimum conversion timetable and high tension, this can be scaled after all the other factors are accounted for (i.e. conversion traits for generals, diplomats, etc...)

Here's a link to a beta version on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1214120317

This one roughly doubles the DeI default values and halves (or thirds) the conversion. There are some new values in the beta that will probably affect this once the final version is released but this one is good for testing.
    Last edited by tullyccro; November 27, 2017 at 03:58 PM.

Yeah, but the barbarian factions get more buildings to get cultural influence from at a faster rate, so i guess that would increase the PO effects for Carthage too. I haven't looked into Carthage yet since I don't play with it it, but maybe there can be some +influence added to their buildings too, the port giving hellenic culture to Carthage would be an easy fix too normally.
    I tend to play as the romans, and I want AI carthage to ba a dangerous opponent, rather than being so overwhelmed with pop order negatives and rebellions that they get kicked out of iberia by small barbarians and have nothing to oppose me in sicily. This must apply to other big empires, but I havent tested them. That means giving them some cheaty benefits to offset that the AI has trouble managing such a big dispersed empire. Many mods including DeI already give them a bunch of money and autoresolve advantages. I give them way more in my expansion limit submod and I also added double time back in to the game so carthage doesnt need 10 turns to ship an army from iberia to sicily.
    Easiest thing is to sort the religion relations table by the second faction, and reduce all the effects for carthage a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by tullyccro View Post
    Took a look thru your version and noticed a few errors. Will post details when I can but off the top of my head: tables don't override default DeI values (which explains the high conversion %), building progressions not scaled (Ex. Lvl 4 temple with lower % than Lvl 1). Also, in order for the conversion to be cumulative (to represent the "weight" per faction) the effect should be applied to all regions, not just local provinces. I'm testing a version with the new beta now with a few new values added. For example, iron and copper working increases Celtic influence across all factions slightly, Lvl 4 marble settlements increase Greeks, Lvl 4 Slave Industries as well as the Colliseum increase various cultures (Illyrian, Balkan, German) etc... Although I like the 50 year minimum conversion timetable and high tension, this can be scaled after all the other factors are accounted for (i.e. conversion traits for generals, diplomats, etc...)

Here's a link to a beta version on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1214120317

This one roughly doubles the DeI default values and halves (or thirds) the conversion. There are some new values in the beta that will probably affect this once the final version is released but this one is good for testing.
    Good stuff, will try it out some time, but why would effects be faction global? A building in cisalpine gaul increases conversion in sicily?

Although it might help with the problem that this submod makes it utterly difficult to have any regions in a province that you dont own completely. In my roman campaigns I usually like to take only genua or epirus, but have to jkeep a legion in each of those for the pop order, which completely occupies all my legions and blocks my progress.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; November 28, 2017 at 02:01 AM.