Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Joysong's Avatar Miles

Default [Submod] Cultural Tensio

What is it?

This mod increases cultural tension between traditionally antagonistic peoples and repurposes the colonization and conversion system of DeI.
    don't expect that your culture becomes dominant just by capturing the settlement and rebuild the buildings. Army’s governors, veterans become more important than before. i tested for 250 turns it and results are that player and AI has to deal more with cultural tension and are expanding much slower .

a few examples:

*Hellenic Genius: Greek Factions are persuasive but unstable. To achieve this I altered the Public Order balance for Hellenic Culture, hopefully to simulate the turbulence of Greek politics. In my test campaigns this has seemed to be the case. Greek culture is irresistible and powerful, as it was nearly everywhere the Greeks colonized. Greek ports and temples spread Hellenic culture.

*Roman Integration: Rome colonizes via arms, farms and fame. The more powerful you become, the faster your conquered regions should integrate. However, some areas will fight Roman rule tooth and nail. Expect near constant rebellion requiring a governorship and military presence to subjugate.

*Barbarian Integration: Barbarian colonizes via temples and buildings, the barbarian factions don't have a unique way colonizes. so there temples and buildings have an increase on culture. keep your armies in the region to stabilize it.

*Reworked Timeline: In 15 test campaigns I've been running it takes roughly (20 years / 60-80 turns) to achieve a 30% culture presence with a semi-compatible culture (i.e. Roman colonizing Greek/Illyrian). After about 20 years the culture will have become majority faction dominant, but again, only with effort.

*Note: This mod does not effect the diplomatic relations between factions of different culture groups. I'll leave it up to the DeI team which already has a great dynamic with their hardcore/softcore submods. Cultural tension only affects internal faction dynamics, the integration process and governance.

FAQ
    1: Yes its save game compatible
    2: Yes designed for the latest DEI version
    3: Yes works with other DEI mods
    4: Yes has an effect on all cultures

Instructions:
    1: If you use alot of mods check the steam load order. Cultural Tensio should be loaded before the Hardcore and softcore mods

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1119745641

non-steam: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X8...HMCA5cmwDLWsg0

Please give feedback / rating on steam. It will keep it alive

**MADE COMPATIBLE WITH ROME 2 PATCH 18 POWER AND POLITICS**
    Last edited by Joysong; May 28, 2018 at 05:12 AM. Reason: update by Dardo 15-01-18

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Submod] Kulturkampf for DeI 1.2.2

Screenshot what the mod does to AI when there not the dominant culture. But beware it will happen to you 2 i've you start a blitzkrieg

1: https://goo.gl/photos/NYYXKaL4qK4hWeyL9
    2: https://goo.gl/photos/YcAHvuBq46p6DJKS8
    3: https://goo.gl/photos/HW8Pc6Nf1ULRcSYLA
    Last edited by Joysong; September 14, 2017 at 06:56 AM.

Is it still save in this version to activate/deactivate during campaigns?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Nekyo View Post
    Is it still save in this version to activate/deactivate during campaigns?
    so far my campaign isnt broken and supply,reforms,pop scripts working well. but if you wanne be for sure just import it try it for a few turns and make a savegame file.

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    so far my campaign isnt broken and supply,reforms,pop scripts working well. but if you wanne be for sure just import it try it for a few turns and make a savegame file.
    I tested it with Syracuse to round ~35 and to make sure with Athenai, which whom I am much more familiar with.
    Heres what I've come to conclude:
    The aspect of KK is great. I've got but one problem. For some reason with your version of KK (didnt test the original one) looting a settlement is useless, it gives less money than sacking it and barely gets over 1000 talents.
    Intended or bug?

I dont know how to make this spoiler thingy :')
    Mods used:
    DeI obviously
    Rome 1 music
    Baggage_resupply submod
    Ancient Wonders DeI version

Joysong's Avatar Miles

I tested it with Syracuse to round ~35 and to make sure with Athenai, which whom I am much more familiar with.
    Heres what I've come to conclude:
    The aspect of KK is great. I've got but one problem. For some reason with your version of KK (didnt test the original one) looting a settlement is useless, it gives less money than sacking it and barely gets over 1000 talents.
    Intended or bug?

I dont know how to make this spoiler thingy :')
    Mods used:
    DeI obviously
    Rome 1 music
    Baggage_resupply submod
    Ancient Wonders DeI version

thx for testing. KK doesn't affect the decision table for settlements. here's a screenshot with my recent loot income KK enable

https://ibb.co/cZzFhQ

I know its demanding but would you mind testing with those two DeI mods? Just to make sure the fault doesnt lie in my game files.
    Otherwise it would be a mod conflict.

Edit:
    Im using the newer version of Baggage train resupplies ammo, found somewhere on the main DeI page (a quite recent post by me as OP)
    Last edited by Nekyo; August 24, 2017 at 03:17 PM.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

I know its demanding but would you mind testing with those two DeI mods? Just to make sure the fault doesnt lie in my game files.
    Otherwise it would be a mod conflict.

Edit:
    Im using the newer version of Baggage train resupplies ammo, found somewhere on the main DeI page (a quite recent post by me as OP)
    will do. allready use ancient wonders and Baggage_resupply (the newer version). maybe you can test with just DEI and KK?
    you updatet pack 1 and 2 for Dei 1.2.2 right?
    Last edited by Joysong; August 24, 2017 at 03:45 PM.

Screenshot what the mod does to AI when there not the dominant culture. But beware it will happen to you 2 i've you start a blitzkrieg

1: https://goo.gl/photos/NYYXKaL4qK4hWeyL9
    2: https://goo.gl/photos/YcAHvuBq46p6DJKS8
    3: https://goo.gl/photos/HW8Pc6Nf1ULRcSYLA
    Just a quick OT question if you don't mind, how the hell does your game look like this ? Mind uploading your GEMFX preset, if that's the case ?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jkey980 View Post
    Just a quick OT question if you don't mind, how the hell does your game look like this ? Mind uploading your GEMFX preset, if that's the case ?
    Welcome to the forums mate.
    Many things could affect graphics like GEMFX, Custom SweetFx,screen and color calibration, monitor color mode etc

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Jkey980 View Post
    ha no problem. i use GEMFX, astec 2016, ROme terrian HD, Oceaan HD.

my preset is downloadable here
    link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...Gx4Zy1BOHBBSnM

ha no problem. i use GEMFX, astec 2016, ROme terrian HD, Oceaan HD.

my preset is downloadable here
    link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...Gx4Zy1BOHBBSnM
    Thank you so much ! I love your mod by the way, it fixes the only thing i don't like about DEI, that factions are too aggressive and expand too quickly.
    Also, looking at your picture, 13!!

wow this is quite the interesting mod. definitely gonna give it a try!

None of the family packs was activated
    It's functioning now 0o
    Thats weird
    I have the same mods enabled as before, but during testing i would uninstall them all and reinstall after
    Your mod works just fine with looting now
    Maybe an load order issue? Could that even be the case? Im fairly new and unfamiliar with how load orders work in Rome 2 *Bethesda games tho *

"Also make check that you use KK V2.1" hmm?
    I used 2.0 before.

(I am right in that your mod is standalone and doesnt require KK original?)

Joysong's Avatar Miles

None of the family packs was activated
    It's functioning now 0o
    Thats weird
    I have the same mods enabled as before, but during testing i would uninstall them all and reinstall after
    Your mod works just fine with looting now
    Maybe an load order issue? Could that even be the case? Im fairly new and unfamiliar with how load orders work in Rome 2 *Bethesda games tho *

"Also make check that you use KK V2.1" hmm?
    I used 2.0 before.

(I am right in that your mod is standalone and doesnt require KK original?)
    thats good to know. i updatet the mod to steam. i advice you to use that version since ill be working on that one. load order is simpel. read instructions of the modders. more @ will place the mod more in front.

thats good to know. i updatet the mod to steam. i advice you to use that version since ill be working on that one. load order is simpel. read instructions of the modders. more @ will place the mod more in front.
    Good to hear that there will be active support
    Keep it up

I read the instructions but I dont know how to move the mods up or down in the load order

Joysong's Avatar Miles

im having trouble fixing this with steam. the mod should load before DEI (offcourse) and other mods. you can change this now for your own game by adding an extra @ to the file name in your datafolder. ill hope that i can update this very soon on steam.

Default Re: [Submod] Cultural Tensio

Thank you Joysong for updating this submod! I love the Kultur Kampf concept, so I've given it a try. I'm playing a Getae campaign right now. With the mod activated (Steam version), though, the cultural tension gets extreme: in Dacia, I have 91% of my own culture, but cultural differences give me -20 of PO. In Pannonia, my culture is 71% and PO penalty is -26. Isn't it a little too much? Maybe the problem comes from activating the mod in the middle of a campaign that started without it?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6P utilizzando Tapatalk

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Centurion View Post
    Thank you Joysong for updating this submod! I love the Kultur Kampf concept, so I've given it a try. I'm playing a Getae campaign right now. With the mod activated (Steam version), though, the cultural tension gets extreme: in Dacia, I have 91% of my own culture, but cultural differences give me -20 of PO. In Pannonia, my culture is 71% and PO penalty is -26. Isn't it a little too much? Maybe the problem comes from activating the mod in the middle of a campaign that started without it?

no problem. yes its indeed abit to hard. so i changed it. now you wil have 20% less trouble with cultural differences. save game does not have any influence on it.

no problem. yes its indeed abit to hard. so i changed it. now you wil have 20% less trouble with cultural differences. save game does not have any influence on it.
    It seems well balanced now, I'm enjoying it, thanks a lot! [emoji1303]

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast