Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

Default Re: BETA release | DOWNLOAD v0.9 |

How do I download the Steam version of Medieval 2 Total War?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I don't believe we have a steam version.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I don't believe we have a steam version.
    I need the steam version to fix a bug in Stainless Steel.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Open steam
    click games
    Click 'activate a product on steam'
    enter your cd key from mtw2 base game

if its a legit key it'll give you a steam copy of med2, and kingdoms if you have gold version.

This was in the instructions from gigantus i sent you: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...SS-6-3-and-6-4
    ----

I haven't been able to find time to look thru the updates yet. My masters program started and w/ everything else just no free time. So...if you get steam to work it'd be quicker.

Steam will auto update game, so no patching needed. Just follow gigantus guide to get mods working right.
    Last edited by Losthief; February 01, 2019 at 03:50 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

great work, ty

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    Open steam
    click games
    Click 'activate a product on steam'
    enter your cd key from kingdoms

if its a legit key it'll give you a steam copy of med2, and kingdoms if you have gold version.

This was in the instructions from gigantus i sent you: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...SS-6-3-and-6-4
    ----

I haven't been able to find time to look thru the updates yet. My masters program started and w/ everything else just no free time. So...if you get steam to work it'd be quicker.

Steam will auto update game, so no patching needed. Just follow gigantus guide to get mods working right.
    I seem to be missing the CD key fro Kingdoms. Can I try it with M2TW key?

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

yeah that wa sa typo...its mtw2 key, kingdoms doesn't have one. my bad

i fixed it via edit. tks for pointing it out
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

I'm getting a CTD every time I try to enter a campaign map battle. M2TW crashes with the error "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.". The logs don't reveal anything apart from that. The battle loading progress bar gets to about 2/3 of the way through before it crashes.
    The SS setup dialog has a checkbox that can supposedly be used to work around campaign CTDs, but it doesn't seem to work (This is in part because it fails to run, instead throwing errors about missing characters. I was able to fix this by editing the broken script, but even in its repaired state it still doesn't seem to fix the campaign-to-battle CTDs.).

Reinstalling the mod seems to have fixed the battle CTD.

Good to know.

Great mod. but i have found something missing? I haven't seen any Halberd units or some other late medieval units.

You are playing the early campaign.

yes i did notice this but, for some reason the events do not appear at all, so im stuck in the same place

I am the mod's modeller and I am not well versed in the mod's scripts but I believe that the events that advance the eras have been removed.

Unfortunately, that's the deal breaker with this mod. No late game units like gunpowder units etc.

I know, it always bothered me too, the ultimate goal now, is to make a unified campaign version.
    This mod is actually the brainchild of Andytheplatypus.
    The original idea was that if we were to split the campaign time frame it would be possible to overcome the hard-coded limitation of 500 troop types.
    That's what Andy wanted: more troop types.
    My objection to that was that there were not enough modellers for this and that 500 troop types are actually enough if you consider how many all too similar troop types there are in SS.
    But when the decision was made I had the minority opinion.
    Now I may be the "official" mod leader but I don't have a dedicated scripter, as Melooo only occasionally comes back and Gigantus is also too busy.
    Even my own modelling work is in limbo.
    It seems to be the common fate of overambitious modding projects especially for a 13 year old video game.

This maybe a 13 year old game but imho it's the pinnacle CA ever got to wargame combat.
    For almost every Total War game after M2TW modders went to great pains to try and mod the combat to be more like M2TW, slow it down, add substance to it etc.
    I've been playing TW since the original Shogun, old school gamer lol and if i remember correctly CA Australia made M2TW and SEGA closed them down after this game and moved operations over to CA England.
    I also remember feeling crushed after preordering that stinker Empire as most TW's from then on had really fast arcade like, console kid generation combat.
    Even though i won a digital copy of Warhammer 2 TW as part of a 4th place prize in a SEGA modding competition and bought cash grabbing DLC for it i rarely play it anymore as the units are so small they look like ants as well as the usual super fast arcade style combat.

The SEGA competition i got 4th place in was for Endless Space 2, it was one of my hero spaceship reskins.
    To this day it's still the no1 rated mod on Steam for ES2.

Hey was wondering if the events scripts ever got fixed?

not the era script i meant the events period like, only latern council pops up for me lol
    Last edited by paleologos; April 20, 2019 at 03:41 PM.

I believe Gigantus has made a version in which these problems are fixed but there are some more fixes/additions/modifications/model replacements we would like to include before release.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylo View Post
    This maybe a 13 year old game but imho it's the pinnacle CA ever got to wargame combat.
    For almost every Total War game after M2TW modders went to great pains to try and mod the combat to be more like M2TW, slow it down, add substance to it etc.

I also remember feeling crushed after preordering that stinker Empire as most TW's from then on had really fast arcade like, console kid generation combat.
    It's soooo true.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    It seems to be the common fate of overambitious modding projects especially for a 13 year old video game.
    It's also very much true. Especially for the Medieval Era: there're so many good mods, and most are left unfinished. Even in the SS family.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!